Some new info from the new PSM.

#1PineappleFistPosted 12/4/2012 6:29:00 PM
I don't have a scan or a link to the article but I was reading it in a supermarket yesterday and here are a few things that stood out to me:

*Dante won't have the ability to activate his Devil Trigger until mission 9

*The First boss of the game (the giant ape-like demon) is called the Hunter and will serve as a demonstration on parrying.

*Red Orbs can only be used to purchase items like Vital and Devil Stars.

*Skills can be previewed and used in a demonstration room before purchasing.

*Skill unlocks can be reset and reused.

The article was fairly long; I only posted what seemed like at least partly new information. They also showed some of their original concepts for Dante (sans white hair) and I thought they were pretty cool. In one, Dante was wearing a black suit, had his hands bandaged up, and was holding a revolver and a bloody knife.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#2Malus_X6Posted 12/4/2012 6:31:49 PM
*blinks*

Terrific. That's just great.

*slams head into desk*
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#3ShadowZero007Posted 12/4/2012 6:34:23 PM
Ah so the DT is like in DMC3 :p
I wonder what triggers his awakening this time.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4FNP88Posted 12/4/2012 6:37:37 PM
What is this from? i would like to see those original dante concepts. I remember seeing a interview with NT and they mentioned how they first came up with a more traditional dante, and capcom rejected it. Then capcom said "come up with something you think would make me mad", and that was how the original reveal dante was born :)

Blame capcom guys.
#5PineappleFist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:39:55 PM
@FNP88
It's from the new issue of Playstation Magazine. I tried to find some resources online, but apparently they're closing down like so many other game magazines. Also, the designs for Dante were AFTER Capcom issued them to produce some butt hurting material. He still has black hair and all that.
---
Since 1998. Grasshopper Manufacture.
Punk's Not Dead
#6FNP88Posted 12/4/2012 6:40:54 PM
PineappleFist posted...
@FNP88
It's from the new issue of Playstation Magazine. I tried to find some resources online, but apparently they're closing down like so many other game magazines. Also, the designs for Dante were AFTER Capcom issued them to produce some butt hurting material. He still has black hair and all that.

ah ok, i was very curious to see what their original version for him was.
#7misakiNPosted 12/4/2012 6:46:20 PM
Devil Trigger not until mission 9? I call BS on that one. I saw a live stream of one of the developers playing the finished version of the demo mission and he activated DT. Anyone who saw the cutscene for that too would know that it's one of the first levels too. Plus without the actually link to the article, you'll just be trolling.
#8DiaNimPosted 12/4/2012 6:54:05 PM(edited)
misakiN posted...
Devil Trigger not until mission 9? I call BS on that one. I saw a live stream of one of the developers playing the finished version of the demo mission and he activated DT. Anyone who saw the cutscene for that too would know that it's one of the first levels too. Plus without the actually link to the article, you'll just be trolling.

Well, considering the fact that Dante doesn't get Arbiter until he goes to his old house/mansion, I don't think it's completely impossible that he has to wait for his devil trigger. Also, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that the demo had unlocked certain features to help the players.

And the demo mission doesn't seem to be one of the firsts, since Dante already knew about Vergil and the Order. Rather, I think he's on his way to fight Poison, so maybe a little more towards the middle of the game? I do think it is likely that the carnival mission is the beginning since the trailers showed him grabbing E&I (my thoughts on the progression: Dante does his dressing scene -> mini tutorial with Rebellion -> mini tutorial with E&I -> boss with gorilla + mini tutorial on parry -> ??? -> profit)
---
Currently reading: "The Godfather"
Dante, l'assassino di demoni. Suona bene, non trovi?
#9BillysanPosted 12/4/2012 7:07:57 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Ah so the DT is like in DMC3 :p
I wonder what triggers his awakening this time.

Getting violated by Mundus in prison.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#10GuardianShadow0Posted 12/4/2012 7:17:37 PM
Do we know how many missions there are?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw