New Dante Hate

#1VitaminAKPosted 12/5/2012 7:54:11 AM
Why all the hate? and why all the EMO name calling? hes obviously Post-Punk, maybe even Post-Hardcore. Quite socially relevant in todays world, and also witty and snide, yet serious. I'm glad they took this approach, and I personally prefer the new Dante.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/5/2012 7:58:40 AM
I prefer original Dante because he isn't some whiny manchild that can't go more than 2 seconds without swearing. New Dante also looks like a drug addict.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3VitaminAK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:50 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I prefer original Dante because he isn't some whiny manchild that can't go more than 2 seconds without swearing. New Dante also looks like a drug addict.

whiny manchild? When is he whining? by manchild do you mean early 20's in age?

He swears like 3 times in the demo. And it was done well.

Looks like a drug addict? how so? Are you stereotyping the style his look is based off of? You know that style is heavily influenced by straight edge movements right?

your entitled to your opinion, but i dont really think any of those points you gave are valid.
#4pyro_buntaPosted 12/5/2012 8:03:08 AM
You probably didn't even play the older DMC games.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/post.php?board=2000121&topic=64830865
#5AhrimanTheStillPosted 12/5/2012 8:09:40 AM
VitaminAK posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Looks like a drug addict? how so? Are you stereotyping the style his look is based off of? You know that style is heavily influenced by straight edge movements right?

your entitled to your opinion, but i dont really think any of those points you gave are valid.

>Swears like 3 times
>well done

No just no. Swearing is never well done in anything. Its simply a way to easily express anger on a situation or in confusion. Donte in that situation just does it as a cheap way to combat the boss saying it. He doesn't have any witty lines that come close to Dante. Also i laugh when you say his look is relevant nowadays. And that also makes me feel bad for how teenagers are nowadays. Because anyone who looks and acts like Donte should be shunned as human beings.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#6UnknownWinPosted 12/5/2012 8:11:35 AM
*eats Dante's pizza*
#7SilentPhenomedPosted 12/5/2012 8:12:33 AM
Well I'm a DMC vet, and ill say that I prefer new Dante. He's at least not saying things that make me facepalm my face till its numb. Dante was different in like every DMC. He was either too lame or too cheesy (or too serious for dmc2). People are just so attached to this fictional one dimensional character. I personally say "WHO CARES" I don't love the old Dante, it's a fictional non-existing character, why should I care what Capcom does with him?
#8KaijinSurohmPosted 12/5/2012 8:14:06 AM
VitaminAK posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Let me clarify for you.

He's comes off as Whiney, and "Manchild" because he's obviously not a teenager, but he has the attitude of a "I'm rebelling against the world with my attitude" type of why, as an adult. He runs around slapping drinks out of people's hands and throws of a hugely undeserved cocky attitude.

Swearing is heavily criticized for the horrible boss fight the demo offers. None of his humor in it is funny in the least. I mainly blade the voice actor for his inability to actually pull it off. Most of his lines show his voice as nerve grating at best.
(Worst/best example: "I'm Dante, but you can call me Dante the Demon Killer. Has a nice ring to it, Don'cha think?" It's not WHAT he says, but HOW he says it)

He really does look like a drug addict. From the sunken cheeks, to the very sickly body he has. He isn't build, he isn't toned, like he should be for someone who can apparently jump 15 feet in the air, and throw cars, but he has a very frail looking bone structure, and looks like he weighs about 75lbs, not counting what that coat weighs. It's quite an appealing in those terms.

Dante also didn't have a real place of origin, but he was given the British flag on his arm, but felt the need to make him swear, and smoke.

VitaminAK, I really have tried to see him in the the new "Edgy and Dark" style that they claim, but it just comes off as horrible, and an insult at best.
#9Pesmerga255Posted 12/5/2012 8:15:16 AM
SilentPhenomed posted...
Well I'm a DMC vet, and ill say that I prefer new Dante. He's at least not saying things that make me facepalm my face till its numb. Dante was different in like every DMC. He was either too lame or too cheesy (or too serious for dmc2). People are just so attached to this fictional one dimensional character. I personally say "WHO CARES" I don't love the old Dante, it's a fictional non-existing character, why should I care what Capcom does with him?

I don't see why I should pay Capcom to make unlikable, childish characters like New Dante.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#10VitaminAK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:15:35 AM
Lol, i have played ALL dmc games, and right when they came out. I am a true fan of the series.

His new look is very socially relevant to my generation and i'm 30. Its not relevant to anyone under 20. i am surprised at the vast misconception here. His look, style and everything is constantly said to be based in a completely different genre than its intent.

The swearing is well done, as it does exactly what you explained and does it well. I dont see the point you made there.

Shunned as human beings? really? Judging from your statements, i'm not sure you should be making such bold (and baseless) remarks.