New gameplay ( Virility Factory)

#101KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 7:39:43 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
Even if they're gearing it some more towards casuals, isn't this game going to come out with like 7 difficulties? I mean, Hell & Hell Mode seems like it's tailor-made for hardcore gamers.

That's actually one of the big issues running around right now, from what I've researched. The ability to die in one hit will be a large issue if the game can't handle the performance of multiple things flying around. People saw it as a challenge at 60 FPS, and had to pixle perfectly time the by frame animations

The 30 FPS engine has the hardcore people worried due to it's obvious drop in smooth enemy movements. Easier difficulties won't be an issue, but H&H mode? The FPS could be your worst enemy.
#102KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 7:40:44 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
Even if they're gearing it some more towards casuals, isn't this game going to come out with like 7 difficulties? I mean, Hell & Hell Mode seems like it's tailor-made for hardcore gamers.

That's actually one of the big issues running around right now, from what I've researched. The ability to die in one hit will be a large issue if the game can't handle the performance of multiple things flying around. People saw it as a challenge at 60 FPS, and had to pixle perfectly time the by frame animations

The 30 FPS engine has the hardcore people worried due to it's obvious drop in smooth enemy movements. Easier difficulties won't be an issue, but H&H mode? The FPS could be your worst enemy.

AKA artificial difficulty. It's not your fault if you die, it's the games fault because it couldn't keep up.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#103Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 7:41:41 PM
inb4 "30fps doesn't matter"
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#104DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/6/2012 7:43:23 PM
I'm not saying antis don't have a reason to be mad.
You do.
But getting mad at casuals and cause a company wants to increase revenue is silly.
There's literally not a single company who hasn't catered to casuals this generation.
Casuals don't ruin games. They make games more widely acceptable, cause developers make the controls and gameplay in a way that allows anyone to pick up the controller and get the hang of it in a short time.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#105KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 7:47:49 PM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
I'm not saying antis don't have a reason to be mad.
You do.
But getting mad at casuals and cause a company wants to increase revenue is silly.
There's literally not a single company who hasn't catered to casuals this generation.
Casuals don't ruin games. They make games more widely acceptable, cause developers make the controls and gameplay in a way that allows anyone to pick up the controller and get the hang of it in a short time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "Catering to Casuals"

The problem that the Anti's are seeing, is they are shifting the focus from the very large "Old Fans" crowd, over to the "Much smaller in comparison casuals" group, and expect to get more money for this.

In terms of financial business movements, this is terrible. You make a game, you keep with the old style of leaving in what the older fans loved about it, but also open up additional venues to appeal to newer audiences.

You don't scrap one for another. That's the big issue.
#106DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/6/2012 8:04:32 PM
But here's the thing:

1.) The "casual" crowd is by no means small and trumps the incredibly "large" DMC fanbase. That small casual crowd added an addtional 3 million copies to GoW3s sales. That's the 3 million people Capcom wants to add to its fanbase.
Appealing to casuals = Money
That is the golden rule of this generation.

2.) That we aren't the largest group. We are smaller than the Megaman fans, the Street Fighter fans, and the Resident Evil fans. All the previous series have generations of fans that DMC doesn't have. We are relatively small in comparison. That's not me hatin' or anything, but I often times feel that we think of ourselves a bit too big.
---
#107Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 8:06:24 PM
We are smaller than the Megaman fans, the Street Fighter fans, and the Resident Evil fans.

Those groups aren't mutually exclusive. Capcom has somehow managed to effectively kill each series, which I'm not happy about.
---
#108DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/6/2012 8:12:25 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
We are smaller than the Megaman fans, the Street Fighter fans, and the Resident Evil fans.

Those groups aren't mutually exclusive. Capcom has somehow managed to effectively kill each series, which I'm not happy about.

Street Fighters still going pretty strong
---
#109Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 8:13:14 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

That's only because of the disc locked DLC and infinite revisions that people still eat up.
---
#110DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/6/2012 8:15:29 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

That's only because of the disc locked DLC and infinite revisions that people still eat up.

Glad to see we've come to an agreement.
---