DmC will be...

#11No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:07:03 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
No-A-Body posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

Take ours away? How do you know it's been taken away? Did someone say there'll never be a Capcom developed DMC made again? I haven't that seen. And no, the idea of it not being Devil May Cry = less sales isn't stupid. And not good enough to sell on it's own? There are many games that are increadibly good, revered by reviewers and gamers that did play it alike, that had piss poor sales because no one knew what it was. Shadows of the Damned, ICO, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles, Beyond Good and Evil, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Brutal Legend, etc etc. All sold kinda poorly because no one knew what these games were, instead buying the new Madden or CoD. If this was titled Nephilm's Tears or something, it probably wouldn't sell any better than the others I've mentioned. Being DmC, like it or not, does give it a bit of a fighting chance.

I'm pretty convinced that if this game does well, DMC5 will not happen. We've been asking for 2 years just for a simple "no DMC is not dead", but they always dodge the question. That's not a good sign.

And you confirmed that it needs the DMC name just to sell copies. There are plenty of new IP's that sell well. If they're quality, they sell well. Saying this game wouldn't sell without a famous name is like saying it's not good enough to sell on its own.

Yes, there are quality games that do sell well. But there are quality games that don't. The market is very hard to predict when creating a new IP. And I confirmed nothing. I said it helps give it a better chance. Personally, I don't really care what it's called at all, I really don't.

"They always dogde the question". Okay, point. I don't know what else to tell ya there. Capcom is shady, and I hate that, but they have begun to listen to customers about the on disc DLC shenanigans. Maybe if the community, not just gamefaqs, but all DMC players, continue to get on Capcom's case about wanting a new DMC developed by them they will listen. I've said it before, I would love to see two Devil May Cry universes running parallel. If they never make a traditional DMC, that would be sad, but at least we have 3 games to play. Better than some. I'll never get another Psi-Ops.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#12KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/5/2012 10:11:07 PM
But that chance for another series doing better is the potential loss of the original series.

As a new IP, we could keep DMC and you guys could have this.

To take away a series we loved just so this one has a "better chance".... do you really not see that as selfish? There could have been both. Hell, as it's own game I might be willing to give this game a shot. As a DMC, it doesn't interest me at all. It probably would have done better as a new IP.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#13No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:22:13 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
But that chance for another series doing better is the potential loss of the original series.

To take away a series we loved just so this one has a "better chance".... do you really not see that as selfish? There could have been both. Hell, as it's own game I might be willing to give this game a shot. As a DMC, it doesn't interest me at all. It probably would have done better as a new IP.

I understand your anger dude, I do. It does suck they felt the need to go to another developer to make this. I was actually shocked when I first heard. I've been on the fence about this for awhile till they released the demo. Now I think I'll enjoy it. If Capcom hadn't gone to NT about making this, it probably wouldn't exist at all. I don't know. But we can't control what Capcom does. All I can say is vote with your wallet. Sales and reception are going to be the deciding factor of DMC's future. This is really all a test, it really is. We're just gonna have to wait and see.

I may buy used, but that Vergil DLC does look good. I need to go find info on it's future pricing.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#14KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/5/2012 10:25:53 PM
No-A-Body posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I understand your anger dude, I do. It does suck they felt the need to go to another developer to make this. I was actually shocked when I first heard. I've been on the fence about this for awhile till they released the demo. Now I think I'll enjoy it. If Capcom hadn't gone to NT about making this, it probably wouldn't exist at all. I don't know. But we can't control what Capcom does. All I can say is vote with your wallet. Sales and reception are going to be the deciding factor of DMC's future. This is really all a test, it really is. We're just gonna have to wait and see.

I may buy used, but that Vergil DLC does look good. I need to go find info on it's future pricing.

You do see my point though. It's really a BS method.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#15EntropyZeroPosted 12/5/2012 10:35:40 PM
I dont have a hate for NT since it was Capcom's brilliant idea to give dmc to a western gaming company.
If they would have gone to P*, we may have seen the best DMC, hell, the best Hack n Slash game to date.
#16No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:35:46 PM
Yeah dude, I do see your point. It's something I have questioned myself. I love DMC 1, 3, and 4. I would kill to see DMC5. I'm not completely behind the whole reboot thing, but my initial point was that I thought, regardless of what branding is has, it'll still be good. I kinda like Ninja Theory. Heavenly Sword was a bad GoW clone gameplay wise, but I liked the story. I don't remember it now, but I still liked it. I enjoyed Enslaved, story and gameplay both. I'm hoping they got DmC's gameplay down for the most part, and it seems they did.

Hopefully though Capcom will realise that we f****** LOVE the original DMC's gameplay, and we want more of that. I really would be pissed if they announced the death of DMC completely. It's all a mixed bag at the moment. All you can do is pray.
---
#17KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/5/2012 10:37:43 PM
No-A-Body posted...
Yeah dude, I do see your point. It's something I have questioned myself. I love DMC 1, 3, and 4. I would kill to see DMC5. I'm not completely behind the whole reboot thing, but my initial point was that I thought, regardless of what branding is has, it'll still be good. I kinda like Ninja Theory. Heavenly Sword was a bad GoW clone gameplay wise, but I liked the story. I don't remember it now, but I still liked it. I enjoyed Enslaved, story and gameplay both. I'm hoping they got DmC's gameplay down for the most part, and it seems they did.

Hopefully though Capcom will realise that we f****** LOVE the original DMC's gameplay, and we want more of that. I really would be pissed if they announced the death of DMC completely. It's all a mixed bag at the moment. All you can do is pray.

That I can agree on. I'm not a fan of NT, but I guess we do blame them too much for something that isn't 100% their fault. They could have handled PR better, but still.

Here's hoping DMC5 is announced sometime soon *raises glass*
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#18No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:38:56 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
No-A-Body posted...

That I can agree on. I'm not a fan of NT, but I guess we do blame them too much for something that isn't 100% their fault. They could have handled PR better, but still.

Here's hoping DMC5 is announced sometime soon *raises glass*

Cheers bro!
---
#19shatterstarPosted 12/5/2012 11:25:08 PM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

How is that stupid?

You're a prime example of what he's talking about. If it wasn't called DmC, you wouldn't even be in here complaining or debating about it.

That fact that it's called DmC and share some similarities is the reason why you're here or even bothered to downloaded the demo.

Also it's not your DMC, it's Capcom's.

So basically without a famous name, no one would care about it? I guess it can't be a very good game if that's true.

it should have been a new IP. Everyone would have won that way. No raging, no arguments, just people enjoying games.

Well if it wasn't a DMC reboot would you be in here flaming the heck out of this forum and forming these biased opinions?

You've said it yourself that it'll be a good game and you'll buy it (well you're buying it if you buy it used anyway so there goes that stupid logic out the window) if it wasn't called DMC correct? So you've answered your own damn question.

So basically the problem is you mate and not the game.

It's obvious that you find the game entertaining or else you wouldn't keep making that ridiculous statement.... "I'll buy it if it was a new IP instead of being called DMC."

So it's your own damn fault that you refuse to understand or listen to the reason why DmC came to be. So what part of Capcom not wanting a DMC5 (due to running out of ideas and ways to make it feel fresh and new) but instead something completely different and a fresh spin or take on an old franchise that you fail to understand.

You don't have to like it or agree with it mate. But you don't own the franchise now do you?

You're a consumer just like me and you only have two options to either play it or not. But there's nothing you can do to change the outcome or prevent people from buying it and actually enjoying it.

PS: Your opinions aren't fact and as you can see, not everyone feels that way.
#20EntropyZeroPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:32 PM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

How is that stupid?

You're a prime example of what he's talking about. If it wasn't called DmC, you wouldn't even be in here complaining or debating about it.

That fact that it's called DmC and share some similarities is the reason why you're here or even bothered to downloaded the demo.

Also it's not your DMC, it's Capcom's.

So basically without a famous name, no one would care about it? I guess it can't be a very good game if that's true.

it should have been a new IP. Everyone would have won that way. No raging, no arguments, just people enjoying games.

Well if it wasn't a DMC reboot would you be in here flaming the heck out of this forum and forming these biased opinions?

You've said it yourself that it'll be a good game and you'll buy it (well you're buying it if you buy it used anyway so there goes that stupid logic out the window) if it wasn't called DMC correct? So you've answered your own damn question.

So basically the problem is you mate and not the game.

It's obvious that you find the game entertaining or else you wouldn't keep making that ridiculous statement.... "I'll buy it if it was a new IP instead of being called DMC."

So it's your own damn fault that you refuse to understand or listen to the reason why DmC came to be. So what part of Capcom not wanting a DMC5 (due to running out of ideas and ways to make it feel fresh and new) but instead something completely different and a fresh spin or take on an old franchise that you fail to understand.

You don't have to like it or agree with it mate. But you don't own the franchise now do you?

You're a consumer just like me and you only have two options to either play it or not. But there's nothing you can do to change the outcome or prevent people from buying it and actually enjoying it.

PS: Your opinions aren't fact and as you can see, not everyone feels that way.

Dude.
We, the fans, made the dmc franchise popular. We shaped the dmc games where it is now. Everyone complained about dante's dull personality in dmc2 and the bosses, enemies, the floaty realistic and weak feeling gameplay. And BOOM they listened and went on to make DMC3.
We have every right to complain about this one too.

A fan's opinion should be highly considered if Capcom want to keep dmc a succesful franchise.