DmC will be...

#21No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:10 PM
All of us on this forum have made good points, and bad points, about the pros and cons of the new DmC, both in it's gameplay and it's affect on the original franchise. I think we need to just all agree to disagree, else we'll continue to have all of these arguments. Me and KA_ME_HA have come to an understanding about how we feel about this game. Why can't the rest of the community do so? This is a civilized age. Why do we continue to argue like children?

Yes, Capcom DID say that they wanted a fresh take on DMC that they felt they couldn't provide. But it's understandable that people are upset about it, and want to express themselves and their feelings. DMC has amazing gameplay, and this new one, while good, isn't quite on the same level. I do think it is good though. Not great, but good. It's better than nothing at least. BUT, it is a bummer we couldn't get DMC5 instead.

I don't think the idea is out the window though. I am optimistic we could get it, and nothing is set in stone till Capcom says otherwise. As I've said, we can only wait and hope.

Now start playing nice you kids, else no pizza and strawberry sundaes for you. (I know, it's futile.)
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#22HappyUnicorn101Posted 12/6/2012 12:24:51 AM
If they made this a new ip then the DMC fanboys would STILL endlessly hound it by calling it a ripoff. Half demons twins, one with a broadsword, the other with a katana, prop shredder animation, etc.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#23Ether101Posted 12/6/2012 2:49:06 AM
No-A-Body posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

Take ours away? How do you know it's been taken away? Did someone say there'll never be a Capcom developed DMC made again? I haven't that seen. And no, the idea of it not being Devil May Cry = less sales isn't stupid. And not good enough to sell on it's own? There are many games that are increadibly good, revered by reviewers and gamers that did play it alike, that had piss poor sales because no one knew what it was. Shadows of the Damned, ICO, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles, Beyond Good and Evil, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Brutal Legend, etc etc. All sold kinda poorly because no one knew what these games were, instead buying the new Madden or CoD. If this was titled Nephilm's Tears or something, it probably wouldn't sell any better than the others I've mentioned. Being DmC, like it or not, does give it a bit of a fighting chance.

Where the hell have you been? One of the biggest problems with DmC is that Capcom made it clear that they were thinking of replacing DMC with it.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#24Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/6/2012 5:39:22 AM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

How is that stupid?

You're a prime example of what he's talking about. If it wasn't called DmC, you wouldn't even be in here complaining or debating about it.

That fact that it's called DmC and share some similarities is the reason why you're here or even bothered to downloaded the demo.

Also it's not your DMC, it's Capcom's.

So basically without a famous name, no one would care about it? I guess it can't be a very good game if that's true.

it should have been a new IP. Everyone would have won that way. No raging, no arguments, just people enjoying games.

Well if it wasn't a DMC reboot would you be in here flaming the heck out of this forum and forming these biased opinions?

You've said it yourself that it'll be a good game and you'll buy it (well you're buying it if you buy it used anyway so there goes that stupid logic out the window) if it wasn't called DMC correct? So you've answered your own damn question.

So basically the problem is you mate and not the game.

It's obvious that you find the game entertaining or else you wouldn't keep making that ridiculous statement.... "I'll buy it if it was a new IP instead of being called DMC."

So it's your own damn fault that you refuse to understand or listen to the reason why DmC came to be. So what part of Capcom not wanting a DMC5 (due to running out of ideas and ways to make it feel fresh and new) but instead something completely different and a fresh spin or take on an old franchise that you fail to understand.

You don't have to like it or agree with it mate. But you don't own the franchise now do you?

You're a consumer just like me and you only have two options to either play it or not. But there's nothing you can do to change the outcome or prevent people from buying it and actually enjoying it.

PS: Your opinions aren't fact and as you can see, not everyone feels that way.

Even if this game was called something else I still wouldn't buy it, nothing I've seen so far - outside of the environments - has impressed me. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying it's terrible cause I've played the demo and it's a decent wee game but thats it. The way I see it it's just a half decent game looking to ride on the name of an already successful brand and changing the name to something else to ensure the survival of DMC is not an opinion it's a fact, mate.

If it was successful under a different name (which is not impossible) we'd have a new series and still have DMC
If it was unsuccessful under a different name we'd probably not get another but we'd still have DMC
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#25TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 7:52:49 AM
Capcom themselves have stated in an interview that they'll see what the future has in store for DMC depending on how DmC's does. They have never answered the question if DMC would continue as it was or if DmC will take its place, but have implied in that same interview that DmC might take DMC's place.

And balls no, I'm not going to link anyone to these interviews anymore. I've posted them a million times throughout the forums and a bit of searching takes you a long way.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#26shatterstarPosted 12/6/2012 8:05:19 AM(edited)
EntropyZero posted...
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

That fact that it's called DmC and share some similarities is the reason why you're here or even bothered to downloaded the demo.

Also it's not your DMC, it's Capcom's.

So basically without a famous name, no one would care about it? I guess it can't be a very good game if that's true.

it should have been a new IP. Everyone would have won that way. No raging, no arguments, just people enjoying games.

Well if it wasn't a DMC reboot would you be in here flaming the heck out of this forum and forming these biased opinions?

You've said it yourself that it'll be a good game and you'll buy it (well you're buying it if you buy it used anyway so there goes that stupid logic out the window) if it wasn't called DMC correct? So you've answered your own damn question.

So basically the problem is you mate and not the game.

It's obvious that you find the game entertaining or else you wouldn't keep making that ridiculous statement.... "I'll buy it if it was a new IP instead of being called DMC."

So it's your own damn fault that you refuse to understand or listen to the reason why DmC came to be. So what part of Capcom not wanting a DMC5 (due to running out of ideas and ways to make it feel fresh and new) but instead something completely different and a fresh spin or take on an old franchise that you fail to understand.

You don't have to like it or agree with it mate. But you don't own the franchise now do you?

You're a consumer just like me and you only have two options to either play it or not. But there's nothing you can do to change the outcome or prevent people from buying it and actually enjoying it.

PS: Your opinions aren't fact and as you can see, not everyone feels that way.

Dude.
We, the fans, made the dmc franchise popular. We shaped the dmc games where it is now. Everyone complained about dante's dull personality in dmc2 and the bosses, enemies, the floaty realistic and weak feeling gameplay. And BOOM they listened and went on to make DMC3.
We have every right to complain about this one too.

A fan's opinion should be highly considered if Capcom want to keep dmc a succesful franchise.

They listened...????

Capcom never listens to the fans mate.

It's strictly a business thing to them. How can I make my games more appeal toward a younger and newer generation that mostly consist of casual gamers. It's always been a money thing with them mate.

To think that just because you're a loyal fan to one of their franchises really matter and your ranting will effect and influence their goals and stop them from go after that casual gamer money, is just you being plain silly.

They own these franchises and they can do whatever it is they want with it.

Prime example of this is Mega Man Legends and outsourcing their IP's to Western developers to capture the Western market and there's many, many, more.
#27SlaveBladePosted 12/6/2012 8:15:54 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
But that chance for another series doing better is the potential loss of the original series.

As a new IP, we could keep DMC and you guys could have this.

To take away a series we loved just so this one has a "better chance".... do you really not see that as selfish? There could have been both. Hell, as it's own game I might be willing to give this game a shot. As a DMC, it doesn't interest me at all. It probably would have done better as a new IP.

So you call this selfish but when you act like you're owed a DMC5 and say the series was "taken away from us' it's not selfish?

Hell, why do you get to 'take this game from us'? What if more people like this new take than the old one? 2 wrongs don't make a right.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#28TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 8:33:28 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
But that chance for another series doing better is the potential loss of the original series.

To take away a series we loved just so this one has a "better chance".... do you really not see that as selfish? There could have been both. Hell, as it's own game I might be willing to give this game a shot. As a DMC, it doesn't interest me at all. It probably would have done better as a new IP.

So you call this selfish but when you act like you're owed a DMC5 and say the series was "taken away from us' it's not selfish?

Hell, why do you get to 'take this game from us'? What if more people like this new take than the old one? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It is selfish to take away something people hold dear so that it favors just one party. Turtle-Beam has a good point, there could have been both, just name DmC into something different and stop having it affiliated with another series. There is a sense of selfishness here, true, but this selfishness comes from trying to hold onto something that's being figuratively ripped away from the arms of the people.

More people liking this or not is completely irrelevant. We don't live in a society where the weak must be killed to ensure survival anymore, and instead live in a society where people are treated equally. There is still the problem of the extensive group of people that are going to get completely screwed out of a new DMC game if DmC takes its place. It's unfair to them. Your "2 wrongs don't make a right" makes absolutely no sense here since it in fact speaks against your position. They've already made one wrong with DMC2(/4 to some people, but 4 is not as crystal-clear), and they could be making one with DmC. Also they've already rebooted franchises with piss-poor results. Wouldn't that also use your point against you?
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#29KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 8:48:10 AM
No-A-Body posted...

Take ours away? How do you know it's been taken away? Did someone say there'll never be a Capcom developed DMC made again? I haven't that seen.

You havn't looked very hard. The entire point of a "Reboot" is to replace the entire series, because the producer felt the series was going nowhere, and has died.

For example: Castlevania. I can tell you now we're done seeing the original storyline of that game. (I hated lords of shadows)

Between the countless interviews (as the people above have mentioned) and reports that has been made public, Devil May Cry can very easily be dead.

Ontop of that, after some digging myself, it turns out that DmC is Ninja Theory's last real attempt to stay as a company. If DmC fails, NT goes bankrupt, and we get DMC back.

So if you want Dante to return, don't buy DmC. I personally hate Ninja Theory, and havn't enjoyed any game made by them. Both because their game design is terrible, and they refuse to listen to the fans, and improve based on feedback.

The fact Capcom has tried this with a new company has put a big ding on their overall strength in the gaming world. Lately, Capcom has done completely stupid moves, and makes me wonder how much longer they'll survive if it keeps up.

And for any of you who still wish to argue "Capcom won't listen to fans, and runs it like a business" go look up what happened to Netflix, and their DVD stunt. They had no choice but to listen to user feedback.
#30SlaveBladePosted 12/6/2012 9:01:03 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

It is selfish to take away something people hold dear so that it favors just one party. Turtle-Beam has a good point, there could have been both, just name DmC into something different and stop having it affiliated with another series. There is a sense of selfishness here, true, but this selfishness comes from trying to hold onto something that's being figuratively ripped away from the arms of the people.

More people liking this or not is completely irrelevant. We don't live in a society where the weak must be killed to ensure survival anymore, and instead live in a society where people are treated equally. There is still the problem of the extensive group of people that are going to get completely screwed out of a new DMC game if DmC takes its place. It's unfair to them. Your "2 wrongs don't make a right" makes absolutely no sense here since it in fact speaks against your position. They've already made one wrong with DMC2(/4 to some people, but 4 is not as crystal-clear), and they could be making one with DmC. Also they've already rebooted franchises with piss-poor results. Wouldn't that also use your point against you?

Yes and no.

The point is you'd be trying to take away this new take from us

How is that fair? why do you get more say?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~