DmC will be...

#41DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 12/6/2012 10:19:48 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
No-A-Body posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

Take ours away? How do you know it's been taken away? Did someone say there'll never be a Capcom developed DMC made again? I haven't that seen. And no, the idea of it not being Devil May Cry = less sales isn't stupid. And not good enough to sell on it's own? There are many games that are increadibly good, revered by reviewers and gamers that did play it alike, that had piss poor sales because no one knew what it was. Shadows of the Damned, ICO, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles, Beyond Good and Evil, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Brutal Legend, etc etc. All sold kinda poorly because no one knew what these games were, instead buying the new Madden or CoD. If this was titled Nephilm's Tears or something, it probably wouldn't sell any better than the others I've mentioned. Being DmC, like it or not, does give it a bit of a fighting chance.

I'm pretty convinced that if this game does well, DMC5 will not happen. We've been asking for 2 years just for a simple "no DMC is not dead", but they always dodge the question. That's not a good sign.

And you confirmed that it needs the DMC name just to sell copies. There are plenty of new IP's that sell well. If they're quality, they sell well. Saying this game wouldn't sell without a famous name is like saying it's not good enough to sell on its own.

Funny, um, DMC5 was brought up by both Capcom, and Ninja Theory.
NT stating they won't be making it.
Capcom stating they want it out in 2015.
---
Official Toxin of the MvC 3 boards.
PSN DoomOgre
#42KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 10:22:12 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
No-A-Body posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Okay, I'm going to be honest. The fact that "No one would buy it if it wasn't called DmC" is stupid. So basically it wasn't good enough to sell on it's own, so it needs a better series title to sell? So we lose our series so this one sells better? You admitted it could be a new IP pretty much, but just to secure sales it needs to take another franchises name?

What I see here is that this could have been it's own franchise and we could have kept ours, but so it will sell better they had to take ours away. That seems plenty fair.

Take ours away? How do you know it's been taken away? Did someone say there'll never be a Capcom developed DMC made again? I haven't that seen. And no, the idea of it not being Devil May Cry = less sales isn't stupid. And not good enough to sell on it's own? There are many games that are increadibly good, revered by reviewers and gamers that did play it alike, that had piss poor sales because no one knew what it was. Shadows of the Damned, ICO, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles, Beyond Good and Evil, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Brutal Legend, etc etc. All sold kinda poorly because no one knew what these games were, instead buying the new Madden or CoD. If this was titled Nephilm's Tears or something, it probably wouldn't sell any better than the others I've mentioned. Being DmC, like it or not, does give it a bit of a fighting chance.

I'm pretty convinced that if this game does well, DMC5 will not happen. We've been asking for 2 years just for a simple "no DMC is not dead", but they always dodge the question. That's not a good sign.

And you confirmed that it needs the DMC name just to sell copies. There are plenty of new IP's that sell well. If they're quality, they sell well. Saying this game wouldn't sell without a famous name is like saying it's not good enough to sell on its own.

That doesn't mean "No DmC2", it just means NT won't be making it.

And NT meant that they weren't originally brought on for DMC5, which is what people thought at first. They didn't confirm or deny DMC5, but after two years of asking and no answers..... it doesn't look good.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#43TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 10:30:18 AM(edited)
SlaveBlade posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
That was the point I was making. I'm not incorrect in what I've said. There's plenty of people saying 'give us DMC5 and trash this'. I'm talking about them. I'm sorry you incorrectly assumed something and made an ass out of yourself.

So you didn't write:
The point is you'd be trying to take away this new take from us

nor
why do you get more say?

Ok, so you weren't telling "me" with that "you", nor were you referring to "me" by referring to "me" by writing "you"... Jesus facepalming Christ, kid.

It was a general you.

Get over it you melodramatic dramaslob.

How do you NOT GET IT!?
Jesus.

You said "you". Ok you're saying you were referring to the "group I'm a part of, aka the antis". By saying "you" and referring to "you guys", you're generalizing that statement as something I and the others said/say. If you wanted to say that the people in the "group I belong to", and not me, then you should have had a different word-structure in your sentence. And I know you know this, so I'm left to deduce that I called you out on a mistake you made that you're too insecure to admit. And I already know you're one of the most(if not the most) insecure posters on this board. 1+1=2 btw.

Now stop arguing for the sake of it and go play outside. This is not a competition, you child.
Also in case you copped-out, like you did with the first post of mine you responded to, and are trolling now, like a child, I'm done with this argument. You made a mistake. So now you need to grow some balls.

Good bye.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#44KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 10:24:12 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Dude, the general consensus among the anti's is that we'd ignore it if they changed the name. In general we only want it trashed if it continues as a DMC game. As it's own game, we're fine with it existing.

And on the "we'd call it a rip-off" thing, just put a big sign that says "Inspired by DMC". Didn't Chaos Legion have "If you liked DMC, you'll love this!" on the case? It's 90% why I picked it up. CL itself is 100% the reason I kept it.

They could have used the DMC name without naming it DMC.

I can't argue against Turtle Beam here. I have CL myself, and loved that game. I also picked it up because of the DMC name drop.

Realisitically, DmC really is it's own crappy game made by a terrible game company. But it not only sports the Devil May Cry game, but sports it TWICE on the box, with Tameen being egoistical about how "I expect it will sell over 2 million copies."

At this rate, he'd be lucky to break 400k copies. You don't try and force a game away from the fans of a series, and try to appeal to a new audience. You let the fans introduce the game to new generations and make the group bigger. Tossing one group for another will just get you killed.

Look what happened with Sony's PSVita. They tossed out all of the origional PSP featuers, and went with a whole new look, bigger pricetag, and almost nothing worth picking up. It's litturally sold about 480,000 world wide compaired to the PSP's 72 Million world wide.

(http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/)

So... yeah. Rename the game and the fans will leave it well alone.

But if you put yourself in a video game, claim your the iconic hero, and get pissed when the fans call your bluff, fans will have a problem.
#45DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 12/6/2012 10:28:55 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Dude, the general consensus among the anti's is that we'd ignore it if they changed the name. In general we only want it trashed if it continues as a DMC game. As it's own game, we're fine with it existing.

And on the "we'd call it a rip-off" thing, just put a big sign that says "Inspired by DMC". Didn't Chaos Legion have "If you liked DMC, you'll love this!" on the case? It's 90% why I picked it up. CL itself is 100% the reason I kept it.

They could have used the DMC name without naming it DMC.

I can't argue against Turtle Beam here. I have CL myself, and loved that game. I also picked it up because of the DMC name drop.

Realisitically, DmC really is it's own crappy game made by a terrible game company. But it not only sports the Devil May Cry game, but sports it TWICE on the box, with Tameen being egoistical about how "I expect it will sell over 2 million copies."

At this rate, he'd be lucky to break 400k copies. You don't try and force a game away from the fans of a series, and try to appeal to a new audience. You let the fans introduce the game to new generations and make the group bigger. Tossing one group for another will just get you killed.

Look what happened with Sony's PSVita. They tossed out all of the origional PSP featuers, and went with a whole new look, bigger pricetag, and almost nothing worth picking up. It's litturally sold about 480,000 world wide compaired to the PSP's 72 Million world wide.

(http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/)

So... yeah. Rename the game and the fans will leave it well alone.

But if you put yourself in a video game, claim your the iconic hero, and get pissed when the fans call your bluff, fans will have a problem.

Tameem didn't state it will sell 2 million.
Capcom did.
Theory Dante and Tameem look NOTHING alike.
Except for a fringe in their hair.
---
PSN DoomOgre
#46TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 10:30:41 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...

No they actually never confirmed this. They said they were aiming for it, and NT said they wouldn't have a hand in DMC5. But they said it depends on how DmC does. Meaning that it ranges from anywhere between "if DmC sells enough we'll make DMC5" or "if DmC doesn't sell enough we'll make DMC 5" to "if DmC doesn't sell enough we won't make DMC 5" or "if DmC sells enough we won't make DMC5".

It has not been confirmed and it has also been theorized to be a marketing ploy/PR stunt in an effort to ease off the hate. It's just all very uncertain and uncertainty is something people in general do not like.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
#47KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 10:33:00 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
Tameem didn't state it will sell 2 million.
Capcom did.
Theory Dante and Tameem look NOTHING alike.
Except for a fringe in their hair.

He said that in his first video interview when the game was first announced. Tameem. Directly. From his own mouth.

Also

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-General7.jpeg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8342/dantej.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/31600/1547343-horrible_super.jpg

Should I get more examples?
#48DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 12/6/2012 10:33:14 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...

No they actually never confirmed this. They said they were aiming for it, and NT said they wouldn't have a hand in DMC5. But they said it depends on how DmC does. Meaning that it ranges from anywhere between "if DmC sells enough we'll make DMC5" or "if DmC doesn't sell enough we'll make DMC 5" to "if DmC doesn't sell enough we won't make DMC 5" or "if DmC sells enough we won't make DMC5".

It has not been confirmed and it has also been theorized to be a marketing ploy/PR stunt in an effort to ease off the hate. It's just all very uncertain and uncertainty is something people in general do not like.

If DmC sells well, I'm sure we'll have DMC5, and then DmC2.
And they alternate.
---
PSN DoomOgre
#49TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 10:34:02 AM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...

And they alternate.

Could be. It also could not be. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced by what you're sure of. No offense.
---
#50DiZ_the_EnigmaPosted 12/6/2012 10:41:20 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...

And they alternate.

Could be. It also could not be. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced by what you're sure of. No offense.

Or, DmC is just meant to be a one time thing.
We'll just have to wait and see.
---
PSN DoomOgre