DmC will be...

#51shatterstarPosted 12/6/2012 10:57:01 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
But that chance for another series doing better is the potential loss of the original series.

As a new IP, we could keep DMC and you guys could have this.

To take away a series we loved just so this one has a "better chance".... do you really not see that as selfish? There could have been both. Hell, as it's own game I might be willing to give this game a shot. As a DMC, it doesn't interest me at all. It probably would have done better as a new IP.

So you call this selfish but when you act like you're owed a DMC5 and say the series was "taken away from us' it's not selfish?

Hell, why do you get to 'take this game from us'? What if more people like this new take than the old one? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It is selfish to take away something people hold dear so that it favors just one party. Turtle-Beam has a good point, there could have been both, just name DmC into something different and stop having it affiliated with another series. There is a sense of selfishness here, true, but this selfishness comes from trying to hold onto something that's being figuratively ripped away from the arms of the people.

More people liking this or not is completely irrelevant. We don't live in a society where the weak must be killed to ensure survival anymore, and instead live in a society where people are treated equally. There is still the problem of the extensive group of people that are going to get completely screwed out of a new DMC game if DmC takes its place. It's unfair to them. Your "2 wrongs don't make a right" makes absolutely no sense here since it in fact speaks against your position. They've already made one wrong with DMC2(/4 to some people, but 4 is not as crystal-clear), and they could be making one with DmC. Also they've already rebooted franchises with piss-poor results. Wouldn't that also use your point against you?

Yes and no.

The point is you'd be trying to take away this new take from us

How is that fair? why do you get more say?

How am I taking anything away? You'd still get this game, the names would just be different. We could both have our own thing. Nothing needs to be taken away from either side if it was a new IP.

That's just the thing. There's no such thing as ours and yours when it comes to a franchise.

Do you honestly think that Capcom would even consider to continue to make two completely separate DMC franchise? One catering to an old fanbase and one catering to a new audience.

One will die and the other will move forward and it looks like they've already made their decision as to which one to move forward with since they're making a movie based on DmC and also full on supporting it.

That statement that Capcom employee made is pretty clear as day to where they're taking the DMC franchise. He's just not going to say it outright to jeopardize DmC sells. Just as long as you got hope, there's a good chance to use that hope (like delivering a half ass DMC HD collection to a bunch of hopeful raging fans) and turning a profit off of it.

So why bother to change the name when this is the only DMC game that you're going to get.
#52KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 11:04:41 AM
shatterstar posted...

That's just the thing. There's no such thing as ours and yours when it comes to a franchise.

Do you honestly think that Capcom would even consider to continue to make two completely separate DMC franchise? One catering to an old fanbase and one catering to a new audience.

One will die and the other will move forward and it looks like they've already made their decision as to which one to move forward with since they're making a movie based on DmC and also full on supporting it.

That statement that Capcom employee made is pretty clear as day to where they're taking the DMC franchise. He's just not going to say it outright to jeopardize DmC sells. Just as long as you got hope, there's a good chance to use that hope (like delivering a half ass DMC HD collection to a bunch of hopeful raging fans) and turning a profit off of it.

So why bother to change the name when this is the only DMC game that you're going to get.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=66594

This hurts my soul. Why the hell would you make a movie on a game that has the player based split? It would be financially smarter to sit and see what profits come in, before getting so arrogant as to try and maximize profits on a game that could potentially sink.

Also, They and Ours is pretty accurate. Right now it's Ninja Theory's Game and Capcom's DMC.
#53shatterstarPosted 12/6/2012 11:35:16 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
shatterstar posted...

This hurts my soul. Why the hell would you make a movie on a game that has the player based split? It would be financially smarter to sit and see what profits come in, before getting so arrogant as to try and maximize profits on a game that could potentially sink.

Also, They and Ours is pretty accurate. Right now it's Ninja Theory's Game and Capcom's DMC.

It goes to what I was saying that it's pretty obvious that Capcom has already made their decision as to which version they're moving forward with.
#54KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 11:36:57 AM
shatterstar posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
shatterstar posted...

It goes to what I was saying that it's pretty obvious that Capcom has already made their decision as to which version they're moving forward with.

Until it doesn't bring in the sales they want. There's literally no way it'll break 2 million.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#55mortredcritPosted 12/6/2012 11:58:45 AM
For people thinking that if this game was a standalone IP and wouldn't do better, it wouldn't not because of it didn't have the DMC name tagged on as part of the franchise, but because CAPCOM utterly sucks at developing and growing new IPs. Besides the new DD franchise and a few other titles, what other new IPs they have developed into a potential franchise since 2008? None. Capcom airs out their grievances when it comes to potential sales in some of their titles when a big part of its failure is lack of proper marketing. And this DmC as a standalone would've been faulted with its lack of exposure and sales due to the publisher (Capcom) being totally inept.
---
~Thank you for your irrelevant opinion~
#56shatterstarPosted 12/6/2012 12:23:47 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
shatterstar posted...

Until it doesn't bring in the sales they want. There's literally no way it'll break 2 million.

Sure buddy sure.

Matter of fact didn't you say that you weren't going to play the demo due to lack of space on your hard drive? Judging from all your posting about how the demo sucking, you did.
#57KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 12:28:02 PM
shatterstar posted...
Sure buddy sure.

Matter of fact didn't you say that you weren't going to play the demo due to lack of space on your hard drive? Judging from all your posting about how the demo sucking, you did.

I gave it a chance, like an adult. It was an okay action game, but a terrible DMC game. I needed room anyway for a different demo, but I thought "I might as well try it so people will stop saying 'YOU NEVER PLAYED IT YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT'." I played it twice, once on Nephelim then on SoS. Once I was sure it was bad, I deleted it and downloaded a fantastic new demo of Ni no Kuni.

So yeah, I decided to be mature and play it before I judged it further. Now that I've played it, I can say it didn't meet the expectations of a DMC game imo.

And with simple math, it's clear it won't reach 2 mil. Now of course, it's conjecture, but I think my estimate of 1.5 mil maximum is accurate.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#58TheOriginalMaxPosted 12/6/2012 12:54:45 PM
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
TheOriginalMax posted...
DiZ_the_Enigma posted...
Funny, um, DMC5 was brought up by both Capcom, and Ninja Theory.
NT stating they won't be making it.
Capcom stating they want it out in 2015.

No they actually never confirmed this. They said they were aiming for it, and NT said they wouldn't have a hand in DMC5. But they said it depends on how DmC does. Meaning that it ranges from anywhere between "if DmC sells enough we'll make DMC5" or "if DmC doesn't sell enough we'll make DMC 5" to "if DmC doesn't sell enough we won't make DMC 5" or "if DmC sells enough we won't make DMC5".

It has not been confirmed and it has also been theorized to be a marketing ploy/PR stunt in an effort to ease off the hate. It's just all very uncertain and uncertainty is something people in general do not like.

If DmC sells well, I'm sure we'll have DMC5, and then DmC2.
And they alternate.

Could be. It also could not be. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced by what you're sure of. No offense.

Or, DmC is just meant to be a one time thing.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Indeed.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#59shatterstarPosted 12/6/2012 1:43:42 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
Sure buddy sure.

I gave it a chance, like an adult. It was an okay action game, but a terrible DMC game. I needed room anyway for a different demo, but I thought "I might as well try it so people will stop saying 'YOU NEVER PLAYED IT YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT'." I played it twice, once on Nephelim then on SoS. Once I was sure it was bad, I deleted it and downloaded a fantastic new demo of Ni no Kuni.

So yeah, I decided to be mature and play it before I judged it further. Now that I've played it, I can say it didn't meet the expectations of a DMC game imo.

And with simple math, it's clear it won't reach 2 mil. Now of course, it's conjecture, but I think my estimate of 1.5 mil maximum is accurate.

Sure!

Now all of a sudden, you need room now...riiiight. Also now you're trying to blame others for your actions. Hell you've been judging the game without even playing it for years now....lol.

Just goes to saying that any person that feels the need to tell a bunch of strangers on the net what they're not going to do, you should just think the opposite of that.

This guy or girl is a prime example of that.
#60KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 1:46:37 PM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
Sure buddy sure.

Sure!

Now all of a sudden, you need room now...riiiight. Also now you're trying to blame others for your actions. Hell you've been judging the game without even playing it for years now....lol.

Just goes to saying that any person that feels the need to tell a bunch of strangers on the net what they're not going to do, you should just think the opposite of that.

This guy or girl is a prime example of that.

Shatter, I'm sorry to say, but you're sounding like a tool. Most people form opinions based on first impressions, and I've been in those situations where I put something off, untill I needed to make room for something else. It's what I did. I didn't play DMC right off, untill Ineeded to make room for Mass Effect 2 to install on my system to play. (I deleted it, and got the urge to play it again.)

/shurg

Most of these arguements on the board consist of people who have opinions, and then people saying those opinions are wrong.