DmC will be...

#61No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:37:16 PM
"There's a difference between "might replace the series" and "will replace the series". Does the out come look good? Not really, but it doesn't look that bad either."

"Wouldn't a smart person in such a case try to fight tooth and nail to try and ensure the thing that "might happen" will not happen? Can you blame people for being concerned? There is a possibility of the "bad" happening, ergo people behave as they do."

Yes, I agree with you. I seriously don't want to see the original DMC die, but constant complaining on these forums does nothing. You really want to get Capcom to listen? You need to email Capcom, call them, actually DO something. That's how you get something done. It's like when they introduced SOPA. I didn't want that passed when I heard about it. You know what I did? I contacted my state representatives and governor. So did many others. You want change? You have to act. Get off the forums, and email Capcom. Don't curse and blather like an idiot, or no one will listen. Plead your case, explain WHY you don't like this new direction. And use spell check.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#62KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 4:42:25 PM
No-A-Body posted...
"There's a difference between "might replace the series" and "will replace the series". Does the out come look good? Not really, but it doesn't look that bad either."

"Wouldn't a smart person in such a case try to fight tooth and nail to try and ensure the thing that "might happen" will not happen? Can you blame people for being concerned? There is a possibility of the "bad" happening, ergo people behave as they do."

Yes, I agree with you. I seriously don't want to see the original DMC die, but constant complaining on these forums does nothing. You really want to get Capcom to listen? You need to email Capcom, call them, actually DO something. That's how you get something done. It's like when they introduced SOPA. I didn't want that passed when I heard about it. You know what I did? I contacted my state representatives and governor. So did many others. You want change? You have to act. Get off the forums, and email Capcom. Don't curse and blather like an idiot, or no one will listen. Plead your case, explain WHY you don't like this new direction. And use spell check.

While the idea is not bad, and I can completely agree; the problem here is that it's too far too late. I'm sure Capcom got quite a number of letters, but decided to leave them be. The most they did was clean up Donte a little bit. (Less bruising).

They made their decision to let Ninja Theory violate DMC in every orphace, and turned down letting us have the original Date. All that can happen now is let DmC fade into the background, and have a very lower purchase rate. That's the only way we'll get our message acrossed at this time.
#63Abiz_Posted 12/6/2012 4:45:52 PM
So we lose our series so this one sells better?

You are losing your series because Capcom didn't like how it was received/sold with DMC 4. I only played DMC 4 so I can't speak for the other ones but DMC 4 was dull, boring, and mediocre. This one seems alright from the demo.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#64KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 4:52:51 PM
Abiz_ posted...

You are losing your series because Capcom didn't like how it was received/sold with DMC 4. I only played DMC 4 so I can't speak for the other ones but DMC 4 was dull, boring, and mediocre. This one seems alright from the demo.

You said it yourself, you didn't play the rest. And it must have been good enough if the name is going to guarantee this game sales.

My point is that if they had made it a new IP, everyone would have won. As it stands, it looks like one side has to win over the other. Which side that is is yet to be seen.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#65Abiz_Posted 12/6/2012 4:55:50 PM(edited)
You said it yourself, you didn't play the rest. And it must have been good enough if the name is going to guarantee this game sales.

I didn't judge the rest either. So that was pointless of you saying. Name isn't going to guarantee anything. If the name was going to guarantee sales they would of never rebooted it. They most of thought it was on a decline.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#66No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:59:21 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
No-A-Body posted...

While the idea is not bad, and I can completely agree; the problem here is that it's too far too late. I'm sure Capcom got quite a number of letters, but decided to leave them be. The most they did was clean up Donte a little bit. (Less bruising).

They made their decision to let Ninja Theory violate DMC in every orphace, and turned down letting us have the original Date. All that can happen now is let DmC fade into the background, and have a very lower purchase rate. That's the only way we'll get our message acrossed at this time.

You're probably right at this time. But I'm sure a lot of the complaining didn't happen till after DmC's announcement. Meaning this was already well in the works, and it makes little financial sense to suddenly scrap it. I do wanna play this DmC, but if it turns out that only it's failure will ensure DMC5, then I guess so be it. But we here are just a small fraction of the masses. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

I still want both though. Not enough good action games like this for me. I eat this stuff up. DMC, GoW, Lords of Shadow, Beyonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Loves it all. So two DmCs? I'd take it.
---
Gaming Community Today: spend years begging for it, get excited for it, and trash it the moment you're expectations are not met. -ajmrowland
#67Abiz_Posted 12/6/2012 5:04:52 PM
I don't understand why there can't be 2 DMC series. Little confusing no not really.. Look at all the movie reboots. Comic books thrive off of multiple universes.
---
#68Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 5:29:28 PM
Abiz_ posted...
I don't understand why there can't be 2 DMC series. Little confusing no not really.. Look at all the movie reboots. Comic books thrive off of multiple universes.

Capcom want it to be GRITTY AND REAL!!!

The classic DMC series is dead to them.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#69KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 5:34:07 PM
Abiz_ posted...

I'd be fine with that too. As it stands, it looks like Capcom is going to replace the old ones though. That's one of the many reasons we hate this game.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#70EntropyZeroPosted 12/6/2012 5:43:44 PM
Abiz_ posted...

Youve only played dmc4 and you found it dull, boring and mediocre??
Tell me... If youve only played dmc4, and you says its not that great, what the hell is better then?!
What are you comparing dmc4 with to come up with that conclusion?!

Get the hell out if here.