if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#11jcrush089Posted 12/6/2012 4:25:05 AM
m100t8s posted...
jcrush089 posted...
because this is a game where logic doesnt exist

When did logic ever existed in Devil May Cry?

logic has never existed in Devil May Cry nor has it existed in pretty much any game
---
I know the odds are against me but if theres a way to win I'm going to find it!
#12Ether101Posted 12/6/2012 4:44:53 AM
m100t8s posted...
jcrush089 posted...

There's always been an internal logic to DMC and it's been clear for some time now that DmC has no logic at all.

FYI, logic, in this context, means rules that a set the foundations for a story.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#13nclrwntrPosted 12/6/2012 6:36:23 AM
jcrush089 posted...
m100t8s posted...
jcrush089 posted...

logic has never existed in Devil May Cry nor has it existed in pretty much any game

Everything has an internal logic to it. Every book, movie, tv show, comic, game. There are rules within the established universe. People don't mean it's not realistic or doesn't apply to the real world when they say it's illogical.
#14Hvv0l24n9Posted 12/6/2012 6:51:58 AM
Why didn't Minded simply kill Dante in DMC before he obtained the Sparda? I mean, he killed Griffin and Dante was right there.

Why'd Dante's amulet all of a sudden decide to fling out during his fight with Nelo? It seemed to be rather snug the rest of the time.

This is petty.

I'm not even touching DMC3/4.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#1550ULBLAZAPosted 12/6/2012 6:56:55 AM
"all it has to do is trip Dante by raising or lowering the ground unexpectedly during battle randomly"

Infinite Aircombo solves the problem.
---
PSN: x-KEI-x
#16BaulModeusPosted 12/6/2012 7:03:24 AM
Much like an animals immune system the world fights Dante with its version of white blood cells (enemy drones) its like asking why cant your highly advanced superior body fight off a simple retrovirus.
#17DarkSymbiotePosted 12/6/2012 7:04:55 AM
BaulModeus posted...
Much like an animals immune system the world fights Dante with its version of white blood cells (enemy drones) its like asking why cant your highly advanced superior body fight off a simple retrovirus.

Trying too hard.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#18BaulModeusPosted 12/6/2012 7:07:53 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
BaulModeus posted...

Trying too hard.

Sorry you're too simple to understand the concept. :)
#19_Uwye_Posted 12/6/2012 7:35:03 AM(edited)
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Why didn't Minded simply kill Dante in DMC before he obtained the Sparda? I mean, he killed Griffin and Dante was right there.

Why'd Dante's amulet all of a sudden decide to fling out during his fight with Nelo? It seemed to be rather snug the rest of the time.

This isn't comparable at all. A lot of emphasis has been put in the whole "the city is trying to kill you" but the concept is silly from the start because the game has to leave you a way out. This isn't a villain underestimating the hero and sending initially mooks not up to the task, or something happening at a convenient time. This is like a villain that turns out that storywise can kill anyone at will but doesn't kill the hero because no.

BaulModeus posted...

What's the bodily equivalent of slamming Dante with walls or removing the floor under his feet? Seriously, I'm curious.
#20sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:39:05 AM(edited)
BaulModeus posted...

first of all, retrovirus is not simple and our body is not that much advance or superior than single cell organisms or viruses.
secondly, there's usually more than one single pathogen when you get infected.
thirdly, most of the time you get sick not because your body can not kill them, but because your body can not kill them faster than they multiply.
furthermore, the recognition system is different. our body often can't recognize cells infected by retrovirus such as HIV/STD. in DmC however, Dante can be easily recognized by the cams.
lastly, our body can not corner off a section of our body to stop the pathogen from spreading. Limbo however, can.... it made holes in the ground to stop Dante advancing, so why can it just make a platform surrounded by pits and trap Dante there forever.

there may be illogical things in past DMC's, but not as bad as this (or at least not as obvious)...

i mean, if it just transport all the other bosses across to where Dante is as soon as Dante starts fighting a boss...
or if the boss is transported away when Dante starts winning...
or if a rather large random flying debris just "happen" to fly toward Dante...

even if there are limitation, just from what i've seen from the demo, there are a lot more creative ways to kill or help kill or just trap Dante! i mean how difficult is it to close Dante off in a box?! the idea of a living city is interesting, but it was poorly executed.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.