if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#21_Uwye_Posted 12/6/2012 6:37:33 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
the idea of a living city is interesting, but it was poorly executed.

The idea should have stopped at the city blocking the streets, making the normal enemies appear and having the messages around.
#22BaulModeusPosted 12/6/2012 6:44:32 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
BaulModeus posted...
Much like an animals immune system the world fights Dante with its version of white blood cells (enemy drones) its like asking why cant your highly advanced superior body fight off a simple retrovirus.

first of all, retrovirus is not simple and our body is not that much advance or superior than single cell organisms or viruses.
secondly, there's usually more than one single pathogen when you get infected.
thirdly, most of the time you get sick not because your body can not kill them, but because your body can not kill them faster than they multiply.
furthermore, the recognition system is different. our body often can't recognize cells infected by retrovirus such as HIV/STD. in DmC however, Dante can be easily recognized by the cams.
lastly, our body can not corner off a section of our body to stop the pathogen from spreading. Limbo however, can.... it made holes in the ground to stop Dante advancing, so why can it just make a platform surrounded by pits and trap Dante there forever.

there may be illogical things in past DMC's, but not as bad as this (or at least not as obvious)...

i mean, if it just transport all the other bosses across to where Dante is as soon as Dante starts fighting a boss...
or if the boss is transported away when Dante starts winning...
or if a rather large random flying debris just "happen" to fly toward Dante...

even if there are limitation, just from what i've seen from the demo, there are a lot more creative ways to kill or help kill or just trap Dante! i mean how difficult is it to close Dante off in a box?! the idea of a living city is interesting, but it was poorly executed.

Stopped reading at "our body is not that much advance or superior than single cell organisms or viruses." please go. -___-
#23sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:47:15 AM
the power to block street shouldn't even be given in the first place, because it just create the question: why can't the city just box Dante in?
it should just be able to direct and traffic enemies towards Dante and give Dante false/misleading directions. NT should create maps with multiple paths where once you choose a path, you can't go back. and different paths have different length and difficulties and the city will try to mislead you with random pop-up messages with misleading advises. somewhat like the tips appearing at load screen, but the players are not sure if it's true/lie/half-true/half-lie. at least for the first play-through....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#24Psychochild27Posted 12/6/2012 7:01:42 AM(edited)
sillycatsteven posted...
... and the city will try to mislead you with random pop-up messages with misleading advises. somewhat like the tips appearing at load screen, but the players are not sure if it's true/lie/half-true/half-lie. at least for the first play-through....

That seems way too clever and forth-wall shattering for these cats.

Because of dubstep. Am I right guys?

What, you thought Wubeth was laying down those phat beats for ****s and giggles?
#25stevenbobPosted 12/6/2012 6:59:59 AM
if dr wily can build and reprogram robots why cant he make a room covered in spikes every 3rd room?
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#26_Uwye_Posted 12/6/2012 7:03:46 AM
stevenbob posted...
if dr wily can build and reprogram robots why cant he make a room covered in spikes every 3rd room?

I don't remember Megaman being story heavy and made by a team praised for their storytelling.
#27Psychochild27Posted 12/6/2012 7:05:04 AM
stevenbob posted...

Dude's gotta be able to take a piss in the middle of the night without fear of tumbling to a horrible death.
#28Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/6/2012 8:05:19 AM
ITT: People determined to hate game no matter what use "logic"
#29KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 8:30:20 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
What's the bodily equivalent of slamming Dante with walls or removing the floor under his feet? Seriously, I'm curious.

To answer this: It's like saying Pulling Out prevents Pregnancy
#30KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 8:32:19 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
BaulModeus posted...
Much like an animals immune system the world fights Dante with its version of white blood cells (enemy drones) its like asking why cant your highly advanced superior body fight off a simple retrovirus.

first of all, retrovirus is not simple and our body is not that much advance or superior than single cell organisms or viruses.
secondly, there's usually more than one single pathogen when you get infected.
thirdly, most of the time you get sick not because your body can not kill them, but because your body can not kill them faster than they multiply.
furthermore, the recognition system is different. our body often can't recognize cells infected by retrovirus such as HIV/STD. in DmC however, Dante can be easily recognized by the cams.
lastly, our body can not corner off a section of our body to stop the pathogen from spreading. Limbo however, can.... it made holes in the ground to stop Dante advancing, so why can it just make a platform surrounded by pits and trap Dante there forever.

there may be illogical things in past DMC's, but not as bad as this (or at least not as obvious)...

i mean, if it just transport all the other bosses across to where Dante is as soon as Dante starts fighting a boss...
or if the boss is transported away when Dante starts winning...
or if a rather large random flying debris just "happen" to fly toward Dante...

even if there are limitation, just from what i've seen from the demo, there are a lot more creative ways to kill or help kill or just trap Dante! i mean how difficult is it to close Dante off in a box?! the idea of a living city is interesting, but it was poorly executed.

Go back and watch a B-Rated alien invasion movie. You know, the one where all the aliens die because they couldn't handle the WATER.