if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#31prince_nagashPosted 12/6/2012 9:45:18 AM
The concept of a living city is good, but it has to be done absolutely perfectly.

The way it is now just seems so limited and half-assed. It just makes the attack look unbelievably incompetent.
#32Capitan_KidPosted 12/6/2012 9:58:03 AM
Because you wouldnt be able to play the ****ing game. Antis will look for any stupid reason to hate this game but this is pathetic
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#33zavarPosted 12/6/2012 10:04:54 AM
Wow, you guys find any reason to piss on this game.
#34KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 10:30:32 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Because you wouldnt be able to play the ****ing game. Antis will look for any stupid reason to hate this game but this is pathetic

I actually don't agree with you. Yes, i'm an Anti.

There is ONE part in the entire game, that they started to really capitalize on the "City trying to kill you" that made it awesome, that I personally enjoyed: That final stretch when the church went "running" and forced you to jump over crazy gaps. That was actually very interesting.

Past that, they ruined the idea of "City killing you" by making everything extremely obvious, slow moving walls, and LABELING ALL THE TRAPS.

If they made the city more "live" and more of an "in your face, omg wtf just happened" type of ordeal, it would have added to the experience, and really caused for adrenaline rush moments.
#35SlaveBladePosted 12/6/2012 10:33:54 AM
What's the bodily equivalent of slamming Dante with walls or removing the floor under his feet? Seriously, I'm curious.

Herpes. The gift that keeps on giving.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#36stevenbobPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:36 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
stevenbob posted...
if dr wily can build and reprogram robots why cant he make a room covered in spikes every 3rd room?

I don't remember Megaman being story heavy and made by a team praised for their storytelling.

true so when we get nt to make the next mega man do you think that the robot environment comes to life to kill mega mon (he will be Jamaican) and some times the platforming segments may have a random spike

Psychochild27 posted...
stevenbob posted...
if dr wily can build and reprogram robots why cant he make a room covered in spikes every 3rd room?

Dude's gotta be able to take a piss in the middle of the night without fear of tumbling to a horrible death.

true
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#37QCTeamkillPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:50 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

There is ONE part in the entire game, that they started to really capitalize on the "City trying to kill you" that made it awesome, that I personally enjoyed: That final stretch when the church went "running" and forced you to jump over crazy gaps. That was actually very interesting.

Past that, they ruined the idea of "City killing you" by making everything extremely obvious, slow moving walls, and LABELING ALL THE TRAPS.

If they made the city more "live" and more of an "in your face, omg wtf just happened" type of ordeal, it would have added to the experience, and really caused for adrenaline rush moments.

Yup, I think that Kaijin guy just made his own point how pathetic Antis can get.
#38Hvv0l24n9Posted 12/6/2012 10:47:54 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
This isn't comparable at all. A lot of emphasis has been put in the whole "the city is trying to kill you" but the concept is silly from the start because the game has to leave you a way out. This isn't a villain underestimating the hero and sending initially mooks not up to the task, or something happening at a convenient time. This is like a villain that turns out that storywise can kill anyone at will but doesn't kill the hero because no.

Not comparable AT ALL? So this can't just be the city underestimating Dante? There ARE instances where it's doing the things you people are talking about. So because it's not happening 25/8 it's illogical?

Maybe it can't kill "anyone at will." It doesn't seem to get Kat or Vergil as easily as you people want it to get Dante. Maybe there's limitations. They describe it as a body, and Dante being the virus. Can our bodies out any virus at will?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#39KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 11:07:26 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Yup, I think that Kaijin guy just made his own point how pathetic Antis can get.

Great example as to how a Pro insults and gives zero detail.

I'll give you a chance before I say more, care to elaborate on how I made my own point?
#40StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 11:14:47 AM
Pro troll: Antis suck, they only insult the game.
Anti: It has potential and here is an example of in the game why it has potential, and here is why they fail to make it truly great.
Different pro troll: See? Antis suck and are pathetic.

Some people are not worth it to breathe my precious air molecules.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg