if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#41Psychochild27Posted 12/6/2012 10:38:28 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
the idea of a living city is interesting, but it was poorly executed.

The idea should have stopped at the city blocking the streets, making the normal enemies appear and having the messages around.

The idea should've gone about as far as DMC1 originally took it, far as I'm concerned.

(Spoilers)

Dante spent a third of the game wandering around the castle, getting a feel for the layout and the eccentricities in its design. Dante then leaves for a few hours to explore the rest of the island.

When he comes back after nightfall, he finds that random sections of the castle had flooded in his absence, doorways have vanished (instead having been replaced by solid stone walls and empty armor guarding where the door used to be almost as if to hide or draw more attention to its absence), there's now portals where they all over the place taking you where the forces that be want you to go into traps (See: Nightmare and Nelo Angelo who were expecting you), there's entire rooms that didn't exist before and the giant-ass statue (Among other things) in the foyer at the start of the game actually goes missing only to turn up much, much later as, y'know, Mundus.

DMC1 did a better job of selling me on the idea of a sinister, malicious environment that's toying with you and taking you somewhere you may not want to go than Limbo ever could drastically manipulating the environment directly in front of you.

/huh. Only just now did I make the connection between Mundus' statue he inhabits and the Savior.
#42ShadowZero007Posted 12/6/2012 10:39:44 AM(edited)
Strelok posted...
Pro troll: Antis suck, they only insult the game.
Anti: It has potential and here is an example of in the game why it has potential, and here is why they fail to make it truly great.
Different pro troll: See? Antis suck and are pathetic.

Some people are not worth it to breathe my precious air molecules.

Come on Strelok; have you seen this topic.
You're example is a little eschewed.

Why did Mundus kinda just leave the Devil Arms lying around and allow Dante to progress at just the rate he needed to survive and defeat him?
Cause it's a video game.
Why not trap the old Dante in a room and just have the demon that empowers the demon door hide really really well.

Hell why even drag Dante there in the first place? Unlike 3 he didn't need his blood just the amulet; he should have just had her steal it in the night.

It's game; don't over think it.
Where the f*** do your weapons come from in MGS? Your ass?

It' is a little sad seeing people going this far to try and discredit DmC.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#43KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 10:41:22 AM
I'll admit, this is a silly topic. It's a video game, you need to progress somehow. And Think about how we all hate Dino and think he sucks. I bet the city thinks so too, so it doesn't think it necessary to outright kill him. Plus Mundas probably wants to toy with him, so he never actually has the city kill him, just mess with him.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#44stevenbobPosted 12/6/2012 10:42:49 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Strelok posted...
Pro troll: Antis suck, they only insult the game.
Anti: It has potential and here is an example of in the game why it has potential, and here is why they fail to make it truly great.
Different pro troll: See? Antis suck and are pathetic.

Some people are not worth it to breathe my precious air molecules.

Come on Strelok; have you seen this topic.
You're example is a little eschewed.

Why did Mundus kinda just leave the Devil Arms lying around and allow Dante to progress at just the rate he needed to survive and defeat him?
Cause it's a video game.
Why not trap the old Dante in a room and just have the demon that empowers the demon door hide really really well.

Hell why even drag Dante there in the first place? Unlike 3 he didn't need his blood just the amulet; he should have just had her steal it in the night.

It's game; don't over think it.
Where the f*** do your weapons come from in MGS? Your ass?

It' is a little sad seeing people going this far to try and discredit DmC.

the only way to create the sword of sparda is through the blood of sparda and I assume that nelo angelo had very little of that left
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#45ShadowZero007Posted 12/6/2012 10:46:00 AM
Unlike 3 I dont remember any one making a big deal about the blood.

Dante had Force Edge; all they seemingly needed was to add amulets.

EIther way; you should see why it's silly to try and hold arguments like this against the game
Lets go back to talking about demon dodge could use a nerf; cause at least that's A. True, and B. Not a retarded thing to bring up as 90% of games have logical inconsistencies by just playing them. Hell for the most part most inventory systems are completely illogical.
---
#46QCTeamkillPosted 12/6/2012 10:49:47 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Because you wouldnt be able to play the ****ing game. Antis will look for any stupid reason to hate this game but this is pathetic

I actually don't agree with you. Yes, i'm an Anti.

There is ONE part in the entire game, that they started to really capitalize on the "City trying to kill you" that made it awesome, that I personally enjoyed: That final stretch when the church went "running" and forced you to jump over crazy gaps. That was actually very interesting.

Past that, they ruined the idea of "City killing you" by making everything extremely obvious, slow moving walls, and LABELING ALL THE TRAPS.

If they made the city more "live" and more of an "in your face, omg wtf just happened" type of ordeal, it would have added to the experience, and really caused for adrenaline rush moments.

Yup, I think that Kaijin guy just made his own point how pathetic Antis can get.

Great example as to how a Pro insults and gives zero detail.

I'll give you a chance before I say more, care to elaborate on how I made my own point?

Dude, you mention the ENTIRE GAME. Like you know the ENTIRE GAME already, and say there's ONE THING you like about the cathedral, and dismiss the rest.
#47KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 10:55:31 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Because you wouldnt be able to play the ****ing game. Antis will look for any stupid reason to hate this game but this is pathetic

I actually don't agree with you. Yes, i'm an Anti.

There is ONE part in the entire game, that they started to really capitalize on the "City trying to kill you" that made it awesome, that I personally enjoyed: That final stretch when the church went "running" and forced you to jump over crazy gaps. That was actually very interesting.

Past that, they ruined the idea of "City killing you" by making everything extremely obvious, slow moving walls, and LABELING ALL THE TRAPS.

If they made the city more "live" and more of an "in your face, omg wtf just happened" type of ordeal, it would have added to the experience, and really caused for adrenaline rush moments.

Yup, I think that Kaijin guy just made his own point how pathetic Antis can get.

I'll give you a chance before I say more, care to elaborate on how I made my own point?

Dude, you mention the ENTIRE GAME. Like you know the ENTIRE GAME already, and say there's ONE THING you like about the cathedral, and dismiss the rest.

I could easily say the same thing to you.
What credits my thought on it, is NT released the same exact demo they did at the showings. This tells me that the game hasn't changed at all, and they are content with the content. Most game demos released changes over time. This one didn't.

And quite frankly, I'm shocked you got irritated at me for me, being an anti, talking about something I liked about a game I hate.

But hey, shame on me for pointing out what I like, and what I felt they should improve upon to make the game -better-. Shame on me.
#48Psychochild27Posted 12/6/2012 10:56:28 AM
QCTeamkill posted...

Basically semantics.
#49ShadowZero007Posted 12/6/2012 10:57:41 AM
If you look at other builds you'll notice the tweaking here and there.
The Poison fight being the most noticeable.
---
#50StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 11:25:02 AM
Actually Shadow, look at the "conversation" here.
Someone outright got insulted yet he wasn't being chiding or insulting himself. There were insults flung about solely because he doesn't like the game.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg