if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#51QCTeamkillPosted 12/6/2012 12:39:01 PM
Strelok posted...
Actually Shadow, look at the "conversation" here.
Someone outright got insulted yet he wasn't being chiding or insulting himself. There were insults flung about solely because he doesn't like the game.

Solely he doesn't... what? Here goes, as of why I concurred his comment was pathetic.

I guess that makes me a pro, I guess. If that's the case I'm a pro of any game really.

I played much of the general series, Ninja Gaidens, God of Wars, DMCs, all on hardest difficulties. And action games in general, Dante's inferno, Castelvania, Darksiders, Prince of persia, Bayonetta etc. etc.

I spend much of my life in hotel rooms, I always carry a console around, I must have one of the PS3 that cumulated the most air miles.

If I don't enjoy a game I just dismiss it and don't look back, it's all spare change to me. I've seen the DmC trailers, tried out the Demo. The decors are just awesome, Bayonetta had that "alternate world people show up as ghosts" too but DmC just looks even better. Seen that upside down bridge level? Seen that club level? It's sick.

So when he comes out and say that there's ONE damn thing cathedral jump that's nice and the rest is dismissed. Yeah he's in denial.
#52StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 1:10:18 PM
He meant gameplaywise. That much is evident considering he talks solely about gameplay.

Also opinion.

Quick to judge, aren't you?
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#53QCTeamkillPosted 12/6/2012 1:17:38 PM
Strelok posted...
He meant gameplaywise. That much is evident considering he talks solely about gameplay.

Also opinion.

Quick to judge, aren't you?

Sophist.
#54Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:23:26 PM
I like the way it takes forever for the city to actually crush Dante. I guess it's too busy using its cheap cash-in app to care.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#55Dark_EpathyPosted 12/6/2012 1:33:47 PM
If you actually fall through a gap, Dante just gets to warp back and try again.

WTF NINJA THEORY

Canonically, Limbo tries to kill Dante, and he avoids it. It's as simple as that. How can any video game protagonist survive the ridiculous volley of ordeals he or she has to face before the game concludes?

There are contrivances. More than likely, there are limitations on what Limbo can do.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#56_Uwye_Posted 12/6/2012 1:44:36 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Not comparable AT ALL? So this can't just be the city underestimating Dante?

Uh...no? That makes sense as long as we are talking of enemies but to kill him all the city has to do is putting him in a literally impossible to escape situation.

There ARE instances where it's doing the things you people are talking about. So because it's not happening 25/8 it's illogical?

It's not a matter of not happening all the time. The fact is that if the city was really willing to kill Dante it would need to attack him just once. It's not the frequency of the attacks the problem, but the fact that it seems it's not really trying.

Maybe it can't kill "anyone at will." It doesn't seem to get Kat or Vergil as easily as you people want it to get Dante. Maybe there's limitations.

Kat doesn't seem to be literally in Limbo, unlike Dante, and Vergil seems to be smart enoguh to stay hidden. The city seems to be able to drag Dante in Limbo only when it finds/recognizes him (the camera, the guy in the disco, Dante saying aloud the name Sparda and so on). Actually given a couple of details I wonder if the demons know of Vergil and if not why.

They describe it as a body, and Dante being the virus. Can our bodies out any virus at will?

Can our bodies do the equivalent of squishing the virus between walls and removing the floor under their feet? The parallels starts and ends with the city summoning mooks (=white cells) to kill Dante (=virus).
#57KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 2:41:38 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
Strelok posted...
Someone outright got insulted yet he wasn't being chiding or insulting himself. There were insults flung about solely because he doesn't like the game.

Solely he doesn't... what? Here goes, as of why I concurred his comment was pathetic.

I guess that makes me a pro, I guess. If that's the case I'm a pro of any game really.

I played much of the general series, Ninja Gaidens, God of Wars, DMCs, all on hardest difficulties. And action games in general, Dante's inferno, Castelvania, Darksiders, Prince of persia, Bayonetta etc. etc.

I spend much of my life in hotel rooms, I always carry a console around, I must have one of the PS3 that cumulated the most air miles.

If I don't enjoy a game I just dismiss it and don't look back, it's all spare change to me. I've seen the DmC trailers, tried out the Demo. The decors are just awesome, Bayonetta had that "alternate world people show up as ghosts" too but DmC just looks even better. Seen that upside down bridge level? Seen that club level? It's sick.

So when he comes out and say that there's ONE damn thing cathedral jump that's nice and the rest is dismissed. Yeah he's in denial.

I'll say this much, and I'll be humored if ^ this guy tries to insult me again, purely because my opinion is different.

Here's the changes I'd like to see, that would actually cause me to pick up the game:

*Change the engine to 60 FPS (Yes, I can tell a difference. )
*Change the "Hold Weapons Button" to just tapping once to activate. (Leave Holding for just grab/pull)
*Cut out the terrible cussing. (Tastefully done is something else. This is just 12 year old status)
*Remove the British armband. There's no point in trying to identify Donte somewhere.
*Get a different voice after for Donte. This current one really hurts my ears.
*Make the DT last longer, and have better use.
*Slowly fall during the air combos. The perma fly thing is ridiculous.
*Remove the walls labeling all the traps as the city tries to kill you.
*Make the city traps happen WAY faster. (I walked through the city walls coming in at you.)
*Remove the Half Angel tid-bit. Making a pure Angel/Demon hybrid character destroys the point of having a human personality, or appearance. Hell, remove the Demon and make him an Angel for all I care. Just half human and half something.
*Implement a real lock on system
*Make the style gauge harder to fill up
*Replace Donte's autofire pistols with real-time button presses, and put in an automatic mode for other people.
*Change the music to something more "I'll kill everyone" and less dubstepy (personal opinion)

After that, then I'd consider picking it up. There's a few other things, but I can ignore the rest. That's really it.

(Side note: Why do people think anyone cares about their gaming history? Also, why would anyone care if you played the DMC's on all the difficulties? That really has no baring on the subject.)
#58LancerLigarPosted 12/6/2012 2:48:27 PM
Strelok posted...

neither antis or pros are perfect you simply need to look at my dmc demo tips thread to see that
---
Gamertag: Lunar Legend PSN: LunarLegendX
#59SilentS89Posted 12/6/2012 3:04:08 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
(Side note: Why do people think anyone cares about their gaming history? Also, why would anyone care if you played the DMC's on all the difficulties? That really has no baring on the subject.)

Personally, I like to think they hear us throw around the word "pro" and think we mean professional/skilled.

Makes me chuckle because that word has an entirely different context on this board.
#60StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 3:06:30 PM
^
I never claimed at such.
Hell, even I have changed opinions and stances a bit over the past 2 years.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg