if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#61Dark_EpathyPosted 12/6/2012 3:46:01 PM
(Side note: Why do people think anyone cares about their gaming history? Also, why would anyone care if you played the DMC's on all the difficulties? That really has no baring on the subject.)

A lot of the people against this game are the ones who spent hours upon hours playing the older DMC games. They are the "hardcore." The game's combat is thus a bigger sticking point for them as opposed to the more "casual" players who played DMC, perhaps even played it a lot, but never reached the same level of skill.

The idea is that if you haven't played the other games on those difficulties and mastered them, you are in no position to discuss this game's pros and cons. Whereas, if you have, you're supposedly more knowledgeable about how the mechanics work, and thus you are more qualified to make a value judgment on the combat's quality.

I don't really agree with it, but it does make sense in a way. I, personally, am more easily taken by the game because I'm not at the same skill level as others.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#62MoreFunThanTVPosted 12/6/2012 3:57:27 PM
I played the old DMCs all of one playthrough each during rentals and I still don't like this game, s'pose I'm a weirdo :(

Actually I think I only beat DMC1 and DMC4. Pretty sure one of them was 4 cause it was on PS3 but do you fight a stone man that turns to spagetti or something at the end of 1? If so yeah that's it. Both the games I beat had giant stonemen as the last bosses.
#63StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 4:29:53 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
I played the old DMCs all of one playthrough each during rentals and I still don't like this game, s'pose I'm a weirdo :(

Actually I think I only beat DMC1 and DMC4. Pretty sure one of them was 4 cause it was on PS3 but do you fight a stone man that turns to spagetti or something at the end of 1? If so yeah that's it. Both the games I beat had giant stonemen as the last bosses.

You sir, had me laughing hard at that description of Mundus.

I never saw Mundus as the Flying Spaghetti Monster before...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#64Ether101Posted 12/6/2012 5:14:34 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Why didn't Minded simply kill Dante in DMC before he obtained the Sparda? I mean, he killed Griffin and Dante was right there.

Why'd Dante's amulet all of a sudden decide to fling out during his fight with Nelo? It seemed to be rather snug the rest of the time.

This is petty.

I'm not even touching DMC3/4.

He was trying to kill Dante the entire time. Mundus clearly saw Dante as a threat and was trying to weaken him over the course of the game.

On the other hand, New Dante has been in Limbo City for quite some time and its only now giving him trouble.

Mundus tried to kill Dante when he was a child and thought he had.

New Mundus has been trying to kill Dante for years now according to the developers.

Mundus clearly had restrictions on what he could do.

New Mundus seems to just be incompetent.

The whole amulet thing is a story element.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#65Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 5:19:05 PM

You don't **** with a god.

He isn't incompetent, he's dapper.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#66sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:40:08 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...

Go back and watch a B-Rated alien invasion movie. You know, the one where all the aliens die because they couldn't handle the WATER.

thank you for reminding me... THAT's the reason i didn't watch those movies....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#67ShadowZero007Posted 12/6/2012 10:47:43 PM
Ether101 posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Why didn't Minded simply kill Dante in DMC before he obtained the Sparda? I mean, he killed Griffin and Dante was right there.

Why'd Dante's amulet all of a sudden decide to fling out during his fight with Nelo? It seemed to be rather snug the rest of the time.

This is petty.

I'm not even touching DMC3/4.

He was trying to kill Dante the entire time. Mundus clearly saw Dante as a threat and was trying to weaken him over the course of the game.

On the other hand, New Dante has been in Limbo City for quite some time and its only now giving him trouble.

Mundus tried to kill Dante when he was a child and thought he had.

New Mundus has been trying to kill Dante for years now according to the developers.

Mundus clearly had restrictions on what he could do.

The whole amulet thing is a story element.

Why didn't Mundus have Trish just take the amulet and Force Egde while he slept?
Why did he carelessly leave those Devil Arms laying about and allow Dante to progress at just the rate he needed to to survive and eventually win?
Why didn't he have all his generals jump him at the gate?
Why didn't he take away Vergils amulet so you know Dante couldn't obtain his fathers power and slay him?
How can you become the king of hell, but not be able to make sure an 8 year old is dead.

Cause it's a f****** video game.
Get over it; logic can't apply 100%
Inventory systems for the most part defy logic. As does saving, and dieing, and reloading save files etc etc etc.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#68KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 10:51:48 PM
While I agree the original question is kind of silly...

For the "Trish taking his things while he slept" thing, I doubt that would work. This is Dante, he's goofy but he's sharp. He'd have caught wind of something funny going on instantly. Mundas needed to lure him to his own turf so he'd have a better playing field. He also underestimated Dante, something that he regretted later...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#69ShadowZero007Posted 12/6/2012 10:54:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

For the "Trish taking his things while he slept" thing, I doubt that would work. This is Dante, he's goofy but he's sharp. He'd have caught wind of something funny going on instantly. Mundas needed to lure him to his own turf so he'd have a better playing field. He also underestimated Dante, something that he regretted later...

Yeah :p
It was hyperbolic but I was trying to make a point.

Random thought; think he slept with the amulet on?
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#70KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 10:55:44 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Yeah :p
It was hyperbolic but I was trying to make a point.

Random thought; think he slept with the amulet on?

Yeah, it was important to him. I used to sleep with a St. somebody amulet when I was religious, but not anymore. Point is, something as important as that is kept close by. Dante was smart enough for that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]