if the city is alive, then why isn't Dante tripping every 3rd step?

#81fioriPosted 12/7/2012 7:17:59 PM(edited)
m100t8s posted...
fiori posted...
1) Why can't Mundus simply seal the entire castle in order to trap Dante inside of it, in DMC 1? Even better, why the seals break after Dante kills all the enemies of any place? Can't the doors get sealed ad infinitum? Go figure...

2) Why Arius spell worked? Didn't Dante give him a false coin? A false coin for a false God...

3) Why didn't Mundus kill Dante instead of killing Griffon in DMC 1? So much for the element surprise, He made no effort by killing Griffon.

4) Why did Mallet Island blow up after 5 minutes? Is that Resident Evil?

5) Why did Vergil face Vante in DMC 3 SE? Dante isn't a boss during Vergil's campaign. They simply put Vergil with a red coat or something like that. So, Vante is the last boss. Pathetic. Vante wins anyway, because it's Vergil.

Questions, questions and more questions...XD

ONE of DmC antis can answer you

jcrush089 posted...
because this is a game where logic doesnt exist

oh wait..

Yep, they'll probably say that old DMC games don't take themselves seriously.

It seems that's now the best excuse used by them, to justify problems from previous games...XD
#82sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:17:41 PM

Yep, they'll probably say that old DMC games don't take themselves seriously.

It seems that's now the best excuse used by them, to justify problems from previous games...XD

nope, it's because most of the problems brought up in previous DMCs don't really impact on game play, except the demon wall bit. the living city does. and even though they did use the living city against Dante during game play, most of the time it's more like a half-hearted attempt. simply by shaking the ground while you battle can disrupt the flow of the combat or suddenly put a wall in your way or put a brick wall in front of the cams. they didn't even do the simple thing of retracting a platform you pull out with Demon pull when you start jumping towards it. as for the church scene... that was a very lame attempt at trying to kill Dante's. for a game that focuses on game play, it is understandable if there are many small inconsistencies and loopholes. but having something as big as a living city without impacting on the game play much... that's just lazy. seriously, if no-one told me the city is alive, i wouldn't have guessed that was the case after playing the demo. i'd just presume that it was Mundus showing off his power, because if the city was alive, it should be much more responsive than this...

to me, the fact that the living city doesn't impact more on the game play is a sign that DmC is not taking themselves or the gamers seriously. in fact i think it's insulting. they placed so much emphasis on the living city and how it'd impact the game, and this is what we get?!?! previous DMCs didn't promote the game by saying how great and different their game was because they wrote this epic saga then gave us a story full of loopholes. but this DmC...

oh, also i thought they gave hints as to why the demon walls disappear only after killing the demons in the area in previous DMCs. i remember they explain the walls blocking the way as walls created using tormented souls gathered by the demons. so once you killed all the demons in that area, the souls gathered by them are freed, therefore the walls disappear.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#83_Uwye_Posted 12/8/2012 1:32:05 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
to me, the fact that the living city doesn't impact more on the game play is a sign that DmC is not taking themselves or the gamers seriously. in fact i think it's insulting. they placed so much emphasis on the living city and how it'd impact the game, and this is what we get?!?!

The best part was in an interview where Tameem said:

"Japanese style ethos does tend to involve make characters look cool for the sake of looking cool, adding odd accessories, crazy hairstyles and colour, cowboy boots and so on simply because they look cool.

"We in the West tend to be more functional adding things that have meaning and being able to explain that meaning. Why does Dante have white hair? I want to make a little story around that and explain it. And so on for the rest of his design choices."

So he wants to have an explanation for everything, the fact that it could make sense or not seems to be secondary.

Also: "DmC runs at 30fps because of the city morphing thing". It was PR bulls*** but officially this was the reason they gave. Yeah, it sure was worth it.
#84StrelokPosted 12/8/2012 2:36:21 AM
1) Why can't Mundus simply seal the entire castle in order to trap Dante inside of it, in DMC 1? Even better, why the seals break after Dante kills all the enemies of any place? Can't the doors get sealed ad infinitum? Go figure...

This has been explained ingame as I recall. The power of the demons that are in the room create that shield.
Bull excuse but it's an excuse.

2) Why Arius spell worked? Didn't Dante give him a false coin? A false coin for a false God...
Wizards.

3) Why didn't Mundus kill Dante instead of killing Griffon in DMC 1? So much for the element surprise, He made no effort by killing Griffon.
At this point Mundus still thought Dante wasn't a big threat.

Mundus' power created and sustained the island. Remove the power that sustains it and down it goes.
Hello Castlevania. And Metroid too. Metroid has less of an excuse actually. Every planet Samus sets foot on explodes.

5) Why did Vergil face Vante in DMC 3 SE? Dante isn't a boss during Vergil's campaign. They simply put Vergil with a red coat or something like that. So, Vante is the last boss. Pathetic. Vante wins anyway, because it's Vergil.
Because Capcom is effing lazy and didn't bother to do that.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#85BillysanPosted 12/8/2012 2:39:57 AM
_Uwye_ posted...

The best part was in an interview where Tameem said:

"We in the West tend to be more functional adding things that have meaning and being able to explain that meaning. Why does Dante have white hair? I want to make a little story around that and explain it. And so on for the rest of his design choices."

But then why is his hair brown.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#86StrelokPosted 12/8/2012 2:43:45 AM
Because the Great Tameem said so.
Now come and let us bask in his naked glory.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#87TheDromaderPosted 12/8/2012 2:59:14 AM
Strelok posted...

At this point Mundus still thought Dante wasn't a big threat.

I would argue the opposite actually: Mundus knew Dante is powerfull so he wanted to weaken him up by putting constant challanges in his way, and once he worked his way up to Mundus he would be too weakened to be able to defend himself. Of course, demons ware ordered to try to kill Dante anyway and give it theyr absolute best for better results, even if it means fighting to death, or else they die from Mundus's own hand as a message to motivate others. Griffon was basicly haf-dead beafore Mundus finished him off so it wasnt a big deal to him, he just wanted to intimidate Dante a little, ya know, psychological warfare.
#88Ether101Posted 12/8/2012 4:43:19 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Why didn't Mundus have Trish just take the amulet and Force Egde while he slept?
Why did he carelessly leave those Devil Arms laying about and allow Dante to progress at just the rate he needed to to survive and eventually win?
Why didn't he have all his generals jump him at the gate?
Why didn't he take away Vergils amulet so you know Dante couldn't obtain his fathers power and slay him?
How can you become the king of hell, but not be able to make sure an 8 year old is dead.

What makes you think Trish could have done that? What makes you think Mundus would know to go after either of those? He doesn't need the amulet for anything and he didn't know that Force Edge was a depowered Sparda.

Do you mean those Devil Arms that tried to kill Dante? I'd think the idea that those weapons having minds of their own made it clear that they were there because they chose to be. If that's not good enough for you, they tried to kill him so they could easily have been part of Mundus' plan to wear Dante down.

What make's you think he could? Remember the way between worlds wasn't fully open and there were still some restrictions. Besides he already tried that at it failed.

Once again, this isn't Twilight, Mundus couldn't have possibly know that the amulet was rock'n the special Eva ju-ju that was going to wake up the Sparda.

Cause it's a f****** video game.
Get over it; logic can't apply 100%
Inventory systems for the most part defy logic. As does saving, and dieing, and reloading save files etc etc etc.

That has nothing to do with it. DMC as a story has its own internal logic but DmC doesn't as there are countless elements that conflict with one another.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#89SilentS89Posted 12/8/2012 3:36:58 PM
fiori posted...

Actually, I am pretty sure that was a leftover from when DMC was in fact Resident Evil.
#90LordMePosted 12/8/2012 4:07:52 PM
If this game was ruled by a Populus god, then Etnad would be screwed...

That would be an interesting game though!