The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#1JackJunk8Posted 12/6/2012 11:34:16 AM
This is a reboot, a clean slate to start with. For those of you who remember the old games, you are just living in the past.

People today hardly remember things from 5, 10 years ago, or if they arent old enough, dont even know about it.

For instance, I talked to a friend of mine who says he loves batman, but never saw the famous tim burton batman. He said he loves the nolan movies, I was about to ride his case about not seeing the classics, but then I realized, he just didnt know any better, why? because he just wasnt around for that era.

Tim Burton Batman came and gone and it will never come back. With Devil May Cry the same thing has happened. Slowly but surely people will just simply forget about the old dmcs or newer generations of gamers wont recall their existence. Only Nostalgia lives

We live in a new world of games where all we here about is Asscreed, borderlands, uncharted and Call of effing Duty. Tell me, how is this niche to survive the horror?
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#2jason19192Posted 12/6/2012 11:50:17 AM
Lolyou must have an incredibly bad memory, this topic makes no sense.
#3mortredcritPosted 12/6/2012 11:53:40 AM
>people hardly remember 5,10 years anymore
>fans got excited when they included old Dante, Vergil and Trish in UMvC3
---
~Thank you for your irrelevant opinion~
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 11:55:27 AM
>fans don't remember 5 years ago
>most games before then are still remember as "best games ever".
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5TheDromaderPosted 12/6/2012 12:01:49 PM
So what you are saying is that history has no relevance at all and if you trully love something you wouldnt study its past in order to know it better? Cool beans. There is a reason why HD re-releases do as well as they do, and why companies continue to provide old-school games for you to purchase though online services. I mean look at OOT 3DS, there was MUCH more than just nostalgia powering THAT horse. New gamers, if they trully ARE gamers, would go back in order to see the old games, and possibly enjoy them. Same for your friend: if he TRULLY loved Batman, he would probobly be halfway though watching TAS right about now. Its the casuals that dont give a damn and want new, flashy, pretty games that are easy to get into and quick to finish, so dont pin all new gamers under the ,,lack of research'' please. This ,,forget the old, new is always better'' mentality is starting to realy annoy me, how are you gonna avoid mistakes of the past and improve if you only keep thinking ahead of your current point, you would be practically standing in place or worse: going backwards.
#6JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:04:14 PM
To whom are these the best games ever? Because by today's standards nobody even plays them or knows about them anymore. The best games ever today are games like assassins creed and skyrim, bioshock, COD. The popularity of this series is drastically in the dirt. Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today and according to most populous Devil May Cry might as well be a nobody in the industry, the last game to come out was 6 years ago, and it didnt even get much recognition then.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:04:44 PM
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8laughingjoker07Posted 12/6/2012 12:06:14 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
To whom are these the best games ever? Because by today's standards nobody even plays them or knows about them anymore. The best games ever today are games like assassins creed and skyrim, bioshock, COD. The popularity of this series is drastically in the dirt. Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today and according to most populous Devil May Cry might as well be a nobody in the industry, the last game to come out was 6 years ago, and it didnt even get much recognition then.

Well the massive crap storm that has sprung from this game kind of disagrees with that sentiment.
#9StrelokPosted 12/6/2012 12:06:55 PM
I still remember the games from my childhood.
Classics like Megaman, Gunsmoke and Super Mario Bros.
Amazing games like Dungeon Master and Command & Conquer. Not to mention Dungeon Keeper.
Sir, your opinion is invalid.

Good day.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#10mortredcritPosted 12/6/2012 12:09:06 PM
JackJunk8 posted...

And how is the lackluster reboot adding more relevance to the franchise may I ask? I hope you prepared your feasibility studies on that.
---
~Thank you for your irrelevant opinion~