The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#11JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:10:48 PM
TheDromader posted...
So what you are saying is that history has no relevance at all and if you trully love something you wouldnt study its past in order to know it better? Cool beans. There is a reason why HD re-releases do as well as they do, and why companies continue to provide old-school games for you to purchase though online services. I mean look at OOT 3DS, there was MUCH more than just nostalgia powering THAT horse. New gamers, if they trully ARE gamers, would go back in order to see the old games, and possibly enjoy them. Same for your friend: if he TRULLY loved Batman, he would probobly be halfway though watching TAS right about now. Its the casuals that dont give a damn and want new, flashy, pretty games that are easy to get into and quick to finish, so dont pin all new gamers under the ,,lack of research'' please. This ,,forget the old, new is always better'' mentality is starting to realy annoy me, how are you gonna avoid mistakes of the past and improve if you only keep thinking ahead of your current point, you would be practically standing in place or worse: going backwards.

Why? To be true batman fan he has to go through decade old stuff? Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards? People must relate to things and things must have relevance to really be any good. Dragging people into the past with conservative ideas just slows the natural progression. When something ends, it needs to end, when things get dated, they need to be updated.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#12UbberDevilPosted 12/6/2012 1:10:50 PM
Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today

Oh have you now? Please explain what your process was to do this study and why you believe it to be accurate.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#13KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 1:11:21 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
To whom are these the best games ever? Because by today's standards nobody even plays them or knows about them anymore. The best games ever today are games like assassins creed and skyrim, bioshock, COD. The popularity of this series is drastically in the dirt. Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today and according to most populous Devil May Cry might as well be a nobody in the industry, the last game to come out was 6 years ago, and it didnt even get much recognition then.

OOT, Super Metroid, ALttP, FF7, and all those other old games still win best game ever competitions. Even on here they still win over newer games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#14JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:11:34 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?

in a way yes
---
#15Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:12:51 PM
Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards?

Newer doesn't always automatically mean better. If you believe that, you truly are the type of child this game is being marketed towards.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#16Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:13:08 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?

in a way yes

Explain yourself or go back under your bridge.
---
#17JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:13:21 PM
mortredcrit posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
To whom are these the best games ever? Because by today's standards nobody even plays them or knows about them anymore. The best games ever today are games like assassins creed and skyrim, bioshock, COD. The popularity of this series is drastically in the dirt. Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today and according to most populous Devil May Cry might as well be a nobody in the industry, the last game to come out was 6 years ago, and it didnt even get much recognition then.

And how is the lackluster reboot adding more relevance to the franchise may I ask? I hope you prepared your feasibility studies on that.

it is irrelevant to the old franchise, it's saying forget the old and try something new. This is not really for you. It's for newer people to discover.
---
#18Hades192Posted 12/6/2012 1:13:50 PM
Mickey Mouse. Sesame street.

Mario. Link.

They have all broke 10years of being relevant for future generations. Sure even alterations have been made but they too are not always welcomed.

DMC Dante is a fine character that focused on fighting demons, lighthearted but decisive, and keeps a cool attitude in overwhelming situations.
- I personally don't think any one game really represented Dante well. However it's Dante's character throughout all games that have made most of his fans loyalists to his character.

Old Dante had character whereas the new Dante is coming off as always brash or pissed off. That's poor character and becomes annoying very fast; think of friends who constantly whine, its not fun to hear. Ok once in a while but if your 'being' is always mad or upset than it gets old quick.
#19UbberDevilPosted 12/6/2012 1:14:29 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
TheDromader posted...
So what you are saying is that history has no relevance at all and if you trully love something you wouldnt study its past in order to know it better? Cool beans. There is a reason why HD re-releases do as well as they do, and why companies continue to provide old-school games for you to purchase though online services. I mean look at OOT 3DS, there was MUCH more than just nostalgia powering THAT horse. New gamers, if they trully ARE gamers, would go back in order to see the old games, and possibly enjoy them. Same for your friend: if he TRULLY loved Batman, he would probobly be halfway though watching TAS right about now. Its the casuals that dont give a damn and want new, flashy, pretty games that are easy to get into and quick to finish, so dont pin all new gamers under the ,,lack of research'' please. This ,,forget the old, new is always better'' mentality is starting to realy annoy me, how are you gonna avoid mistakes of the past and improve if you only keep thinking ahead of your current point, you would be practically standing in place or worse: going backwards.

Why? To be true batman fan he has to go through decade old stuff? Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards? People must relate to things and things must have relevance to really be any good. Dragging people into the past with conservative ideas just slows the natural progression. When something ends, it needs to end, when things get dated, they need to be updated.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Did you skip all of your history classes?
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#20Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:14:59 PM

it is irrelevant to the old franchise, it's saying forget the old and try something new. This is not really for you. It's for newer people to discover.

There's no reason to forget the old if you're trying something new. Only children think that way.
---