The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#21UbberDevilPosted 12/6/2012 12:16:49 PM
Hey guys, I think we should have slavery. I can't remember anything from more than 5 years ago so I think it's a great idea.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#22Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:18:12 PM
UbberDevil posted...
Hey guys, I think we should have slavery. I can't remember anything from more than 5 years ago so I think it's a great idea.

That sounds good too. We should also hold a huge party on the 11th of September. Nothing bad happened on that date in the last 10 years.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#23JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:21:32 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?

in a way yes

Explain yourself or go back under your bridge.

my point is, yes you do remember, I remember, everybody here remembers good ol devil may cry. But i recently did a survey at my college and even a few gamestops asking people what thier favorite games were and what they were most looking forward to. people from ages 18 to 22, I also asked if they ever heard of devil may cry or even the new DmC, most really didnt know what I was talking about or if they did, they only HEARD of the old games, hell they didnt even know a new one was announced. Believe me I was VERY surprised, but it hit me, that at least in the gaming world many games become iconic but very few become legendary and devil may cry is not one of them.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#24Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:21:49 PM
Going by the TC's logic, Any generic Jason Statham movie is a better movie than Pulp Fiction and Twilight is better than Fight Club, simply because they're newer. XD
---
#25Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:22:45 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?

in a way yes

Explain yourself or go back under your bridge.

my point is, yes you do remember, I remember, everybody here remembers good ol devil may cry. But i recently did a survey at my college and even a few gamestops asking people what thier favorite games were and what they were most looking forward to. people from ages 18 to 22, I also asked if they ever heard of devil may cry or even the new DmC, most really didnt know what I was talking about or if they did, they only HEARD of the old games, hell they didnt even know a new one was announced. Believe me I was VERY surprised, but it hit me, that at least in the gaming world many games become iconic but very few become legendary and devil may cry is not one of them.

That doesn't change the fact that I can still play DMC or even a NES game whenever I feel like it. They're still relevant to me and there's nothing your limited study can do about it.
---
#26JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:22:53 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Going by the TC's logic, Any generic Jason Statham movie is a better movie than Pulp Fiction and Twilight is better than Fight Club, simply because they're newer. XD

I never said better, just that they arent revelant enough to mention or go off of.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#27Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:24:07 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

I never said better, just that they arent revelant enough to mention or go off of.

XD no. You don't deserve a better response than that.
---
#28SilentS89Posted 12/6/2012 12:25:00 PM
Read TC's sig.
#29TheDromaderPosted 12/6/2012 12:25:02 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
TheDromader posted...
So what you are saying is that history has no relevance at all and if you trully love something you wouldnt study its past in order to know it better? Cool beans. There is a reason why HD re-releases do as well as they do, and why companies continue to provide old-school games for you to purchase though online services. I mean look at OOT 3DS, there was MUCH more than just nostalgia powering THAT horse. New gamers, if they trully ARE gamers, would go back in order to see the old games, and possibly enjoy them. Same for your friend: if he TRULLY loved Batman, he would probobly be halfway though watching TAS right about now. Its the casuals that dont give a damn and want new, flashy, pretty games that are easy to get into and quick to finish, so dont pin all new gamers under the ,,lack of research'' please. This ,,forget the old, new is always better'' mentality is starting to realy annoy me, how are you gonna avoid mistakes of the past and improve if you only keep thinking ahead of your current point, you would be practically standing in place or worse: going backwards.

Why? To be true batman fan he has to go through decade old stuff? Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards? People must relate to things and things must have relevance to really be any good. Dragging people into the past with conservative ideas just slows the natural progression. When something ends, it needs to end, when things get dated, they need to be updated.

How WOULD you update something if you dont even know anything about it prior? Again, you would possibly make it worse, and you would go backwards. Things dont have to be relevant to posses quality that people of new generations can find enjoyable or even superior, which is why people who enjoyed Nolans Batman would go back and see the Burton ones, which they often do from what I heard among people I know. Again, if you REALY love something, you would try to find more about it, or more OF it, in the past, to see how things changed, and then try to use all the good from all of them to make the superior product. You cant move forward without the foundation laid by the past, you would end up with no ground to move on and make an embarrasing platform. Im not saying things have to go the same forever, Im saying when making the new they should acknowlage the old.
#30EntropyZeroPosted 12/6/2012 12:26:07 PM
PS3 is the best sony console ever. What the hell is a ps2??