The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#231knuxnolePosted 12/9/2012 12:21:18 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
To whom are these the best games ever? Because by today's standards nobody even plays them or knows about them anymore. The best games ever today are games like assassins creed and skyrim, bioshock, COD. The popularity of this series is drastically in the dirt. Ive done a study of what the mass appeal is on gaming today and according to most populous Devil May Cry might as well be a nobody in the industry, the last game to come out was 6 years ago, and it didnt even get much recognition then.

OOT, Super Metroid, ALttP, FF7, and all those other old games still win best game ever competitions. Even on here they still win over newer games.

That's because the older people vote for them. EVERYONE 18 or younger won't know what any of those games are.

Except for OOT due to the 3DS release. People would laugh at Super Metroid for having terrible graphics. FF7 for being too slow, too blocky, too boring. And LTTP for being less cool and fun compared to new school Zelda.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#232knuxnolePosted 12/9/2012 12:22:01 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

it is irrelevant to the old franchise, it's saying forget the old and try something new. This is not really for you. It's for newer people to discover.

There's no reason to forget the old if you're trying something new. Only children think that way.

Guess who the vast majority of video gamers are? xD
---
#233knuxnolePosted 12/9/2012 12:25:49 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Everybody I personally know is aware of the PS2 and the old DMC games. It also doesn't matter to me if they fall into obscurity. I can still play them. My opinions on things aren't based on what the mindless masses find popular.

Are these people in their late 20s and 30s? That's the old generation now
---
#234SinisterSamuraiPosted 12/9/2012 12:27:52 PM
There's a strip club down the block called 2001: A Nude Odyssey.
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/jan/13/ellyn-bogdanoff/tampa-strip-club-capital-world/

Sometimes living in the past is OK.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#235knuxnolePosted 12/9/2012 12:28:30 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
If you can't remember 5 years ago and you're older than 7, you need to go see a neurologist.

not me, society in general, if devil may cry made such an impression on the gaming community why arent more people talking about it?

The "gaming community" has lost its integrity after eating up so many CoD games. They're nothing but sheep.

Popular =/= Valid or good

You better get used to the gaming community then. It is gonna stay forever. And EVER. and EVER :D
---
#236sworderPosted 12/9/2012 12:30:51 PM
CoD > DMC
#237demonfang178Posted 12/9/2012 12:44:55 PM(edited)
JackJunk8 posted...
Kira0987 posted...
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but the (real) Dante just came out in MvC3 recently! That alone makes your entire topic irrelevant.

old news dude, plus, the only reason people play it because of marvel. Nobody even knows half the Capcom characters or where they came from.

What? Marvel came out (twice) last year. I've seen people with no faith in humanity, but to think people can't even remember a game a year old?
#238Pesmerga255Posted 12/9/2012 12:45:34 PM
sworder posted...
CoD > DMC

poor attempt.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#239knuxnolePosted 12/9/2012 1:08:00 PM
demonfang178 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Kira0987 posted...
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but the (real) Dante just came out in MvC3 recently! That alone makes your entire topic irrelevant.

old news dude, plus, the only reason people play it because of marvel. Nobody even knows half the Capcom characters or where they came from.

What? Marvel came out (twice) last year. I've seen people with no faith in humanity, but to think people can't even remember a game a year old?

I think he meant when MvC was first announced. A lot of people(except for nerds and older people) don't know the "filler" capcom cast. They mainly like the Marvel peeps and the popular Capcom characters. Dante/Vergil/Wesker gets popular due to gameplay and overall badassness.
---
#240MrStarkillerPosted 12/9/2012 1:16:03 PM
Hunter: >having trouble with this system
You some sort of innocent or something?

>apologize
*glove slave*
Don't apologize. I consider the spectacle an insulting gesture.

Mage: >apologizing
*slips brick into glove*

NOTE: You forgot the comma: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx9lN_RN6Ow&t=2m44s

>don't do challenges
So you're a casual? Why didn't you just say so? If you wish to stay small time and play for fun, you need only have said as much. I can still teach you how to play GoW (even if you wish to stick to lower settings). It'll be 'fun'. I promise.

NOTE: You really ought to up your game though. I can help. Don't hate GoW merely on the grounds of being too hard for you on your own. "It is easy to despise what one cannot obtain" -Aesop

NOTE: You didn't finish your sentence. More to add?

Strelok: >beat on God Mode
Vets don't call settings by dub names for a reason. They lose meaning between entries as they shift without changing the true stats behind them. So we talking VH, H or Normal?

>strange criteria
Nothing strange about runs without upgrades. It's rather common for this sort of game. Really, any game with upgrades.

>can't be bothered
Too difficult? You seem to note trouble with Persephone on Hard, but I'm sure you could do better (VH NUR+ at least).

>not that big of a fan
It's just a way to get more challenge out of an easy game. It's more fun as such. You'll have the encouragement needed for higher level play to be achieved.

""Significant progress in the solutions of technical problems is frequently made not by a direct approach, but by first setting a goal of high challenge which offers a strong motivation for innovative work, which fires the imagination and spurs men to expend their best efforts, and which acts as a catalyst by including chains of other reactions." - Ernst Stuhlinger, Associate Director for Science"

>glitch through
Exception are to be expected now and then. RDR's Evil No-Gun run had them, Dead Space (both entries that matter) No-Gun NUR+ had a few, Infamous (both) Bolt-Only NUR+ and Melee-Only NUR+ have such things as well. Games aren't always designed with challenges in mind and frequently there are going to be restrictions not accounted for. It's part of the deal.

The Clones are an obvious case of a fight designed for one way to doing it to the point that if you lack MAX BoC for rage abuse (to use a perk allowing infinite MP to spam spells) as you hug the family (trading HP for rage) and tear them apart with AoH and PR (better with upgrades *at least lvl2 PR between the two*). Anything less than this set-up won't make the approach work and alternatives for VH and H are not good.