The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#271Ether101Posted 12/10/2012 12:21:00 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
knuxnole posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

it is irrelevant to the old franchise, it's saying forget the old and try something new. This is not really for you. It's for newer people to discover.

There's no reason to forget the old if you're trying something new. Only children think that way.

Guess who the vast majority of video gamers are? xD

Haven't studies found the average gamer in their twenties now?

Pretty much. Just look at some of the most famous gamers. They're all in their mid twenties or older. Hell, look at achievement hunter.

Gaming is evolving to where anyone can play, but mostly it's young adults playing. 20 years from now, people might not be aware of some games, but the classics never die. To this day people still compare new games in a series to the oldest ones.

Every time a zelda gets released, it gets compared to OOT. Every. Single. Time.

Except OoT isn't a classic and it's single thing that set LoZ on its path to blandness.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#272derrick112Posted 12/10/2012 12:26:06 AM
-Re enactment of JackJunk8's Studies of DMC-

'JackJunk8 walks into GameStop and sees a little five year old boy'

*JackJunk8* "Hello I'm doing studies on whether people still remember the DMC series can I get your opinion?"

*Five year old boy* " Wahhhhhh Mommmmmmyyy!"

'JackJunk8 spots a baby in a pram'

*JackJunk8* "Hello I'm doing studies on whether people still remember the DMC series can I get your opinion?"

*Baby* " Goo goo ga ga"

'Later in the night as JackJunk8 is on the computer visiting the DmC boards at Gamefaqs'

*JackJunk8* "......so as you can see everyone I asked about the DMC series didn't even know what it was."
#273Dominus_1Posted 12/10/2012 12:27:35 AM
Ether101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
knuxnole posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

it is irrelevant to the old franchise, it's saying forget the old and try something new. This is not really for you. It's for newer people to discover.

There's no reason to forget the old if you're trying something new. Only children think that way.

Pretty much. Just look at some of the most famous gamers. They're all in their mid twenties or older. Hell, look at achievement hunter.

Gaming is evolving to where anyone can play, but mostly it's young adults playing. 20 years from now, people might not be aware of some games, but the classics never die. To this day people still compare new games in a series to the oldest ones.

Except OoT isn't a classic and it's single thing that set LoZ on its path to blandness.

But then MM came out after that and was probably one of the best Zelda's made. Too bad they haven't recreated a LoZ like that again..
#274FireMage7777Posted 12/10/2012 12:35:57 AM
Ether101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
knuxnole posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Worst post of the day award
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#275Ether101Posted 12/10/2012 12:36:53 AM
Dominus_1 posted...
But then MM came out after that and was probably one of the best Zelda's made. Too bad they haven't recreated a LoZ like that again..

That's because the game was received well enough. Aonuma would rather the series become a parody of itself surviving on hype alone rather then do any real work.
---
#276DuuuDe14Posted 12/10/2012 12:40:27 AM
*stands in corner*

This is so stupid.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#277JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:54:19 AM
derrick112 posted...

*Baby* " Goo goo ga ga"

'Later in the night as JackJunk8 is on the computer visiting the DmC boards at Gamefaqs'

*JackJunk8* "......so as you can see everyone I asked about the DMC series didn't even know what it was."

there are no 5 year olds in gamestop, just weaboos, and it's sad that THEY only heard of devil may cry.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#278JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:03:25 AM
derrick112 posted...
Of course he's a troll! I already outed him out for being a Big Fat Hypocrite! All this talk about how change is necessary yet he criticizes the same Capcom for making changes to Resident Evil. And you would think if he actually did studies based on whether DMC is recognizable he would have mentioned that right at the beginning instead of half assing it later to try and prove his point. Even then how he thought to mention it like it was an intellectual thing to do just shows how SAD of a person he is to be thinking about asking kids and teenagers if they have heard of DMC just to prove his point.

I would welcome the change, if they knew how. Some game developers know how to make one thing and one thing only. I wouldnt ask platinum games to make a good game with a good story, all they are capable of making is good gameplay. every story they do is the same, some bad ass who beats up everything and spouts out cheesy one liners. Look what they have done to raiden for christ sakes! He was a well developed character, he was supposed to settle down with rose and his kid. Now he talks smack to metal gears while being a cheesy ninja. You think this game doesnt fit DMC criteria, MGR sure as hell doesnt meet the metal gear solid criteria by a long shot.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#279FireMage7777Posted 12/10/2012 1:08:17 AM
JackJunk8 posted...
derrick112 posted...

*Baby* " Goo goo ga ga"

there are no 5 year olds in gamestop, just weaboos, and it's sad that THEY only heard of devil may cry.

Actually there are a LOT of 5 year olds in GameStop...I used to work for that horrible company
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#280Ether101Posted 12/10/2012 5:12:50 AM
JackJunk8 posted...
derrick112 posted...
Of course he's a troll! I already outed him out for being a Big Fat Hypocrite! All this talk about how change is necessary yet he criticizes the same Capcom for making changes to Resident Evil. And you would think if he actually did studies based on whether DMC is recognizable he would have mentioned that right at the beginning instead of half assing it later to try and prove his point. Even then how he thought to mention it like it was an intellectual thing to do just shows how SAD of a person he is to be thinking about asking kids and teenagers if they have heard of DMC just to prove his point.

I would welcome the change, if they knew how. Some game developers know how to make one thing and one thing only. I wouldnt ask platinum games to make a good game with a good story, all they are capable of making is good gameplay. every story they do is the same, some bad ass who beats up everything and spouts out cheesy one liners. Look what they have done to raiden for christ sakes! He was a well developed character, he was supposed to settle down with rose and his kid. Now he talks smack to metal gears while being a cheesy ninja. You think this game doesnt fit DMC criteria, MGR sure as hell doesnt meet the metal gear solid criteria by a long shot.

Metal Gear is a lot bigger then MGS and the last two MGS didn't live up to the criteria of the franchise.
---