The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#281TheDromaderPosted 12/10/2012 5:31:35 AM
JackJunk8 posted...
derrick112 posted...
Of course he's a troll! I already outed him out for being a Big Fat Hypocrite! All this talk about how change is necessary yet he criticizes the same Capcom for making changes to Resident Evil. And you would think if he actually did studies based on whether DMC is recognizable he would have mentioned that right at the beginning instead of half assing it later to try and prove his point. Even then how he thought to mention it like it was an intellectual thing to do just shows how SAD of a person he is to be thinking about asking kids and teenagers if they have heard of DMC just to prove his point.

I would welcome the change, if they knew how. Some game developers know how to make one thing and one thing only. I wouldnt ask platinum games to make a good game with a good story, all they are capable of making is good gameplay. every story they do is the same, some bad ass who beats up everything and spouts out cheesy one liners. Look what they have done to raiden for christ sakes! He was a well developed character, he was supposed to settle down with rose and his kid. Now he talks smack to metal gears while being a cheesy ninja. You think this game doesnt fit DMC criteria, MGR sure as hell doesnt meet the metal gear solid criteria by a long shot.

Maybe because, I dunno, its NOT MGS, as in Metal Gear SOLID, while this game clearly states its Devil may cry, twice even? Its not even the same genre as Solid. And even if, do you remember Ocelot in 3? I think the so called ,,standards'' of MGS has been in constant decline since Vamp showed up, and climaxed when Raiden started breakdancing with Geckos attached to his feet in 4. Also, you can wear a cardboard box with a sombrero on it. I THINK ANY KIND OF POSSIBLE STANDARDS HAVE BEEN EXCEEDED AT THIS POINT.
#282Ether101Posted 12/10/2012 6:31:31 AM
The problem is that they tried to turn Solid into a "normal" person and into a nonperson while trying to turn Big Boss into a hero.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#283Hotel_SecurityPosted 12/10/2012 7:28:54 AM
Megaman X-X6 Perfect Runs
Conditions: No damage, no charge shots, no special weapons, no upgrades.
MMX Perfect Runs are the king of challenges

Cute that you only mention these for the X games when you have far more skills for avoid attacks available like the slide and wall jump. Most of those levels are done in a breeze. Try a Mega Man 9 Perfect Run and then give me a call. Or the Hard Mode no-damage boss runs in MM10. Chill Man beckons you.

GOW 1-3, COO, and GOS No damage Very Hard runs

Cute how he doesnít mention no magic or upgrades with these. Canít beat those tough fights without room-clearing spells? PleaseÖ

So basically rounding up a ground keeping them locked in with [], [], ^ and grab killing any thing that spawned out of that group? *yawns*

How laughable. The fact that you throw this out so nonchalantly is proof that you havenít even attempted it.

Sorry I don't do stupid challenges that are tedious monotony.

In other words, you donít do stuff that actually challenge you and make you do it multiple times? Hate to say it, but having to fight an enemy for a long period is a form of challenge as itís tougher to have to be perfect over a longer period of time. If you can kill an enemy in two minutes as opposed to ten, then not getting hit suddenly becomes a lot easier. Of course, had you actually tried these no upgrade/magic/chests challenges, you would know this.

Tim Burtons batmans sucked. Nolans were way better haha

Oh stop with this silliness. None better than Nicholson. Nolanís are frickin cartoons.

>GoW
Why are you talking about Gears Of War?

AwwÖbecoming that which you detest. Quite adorable.

but to most people they are master pieces.

And to many people Brittany Spears was some transcendent artist. The Nolan films only worked if you completely ignored the logistics behind the ridiculous and over-the-top plots of his villains. Theyíre decent action movies but them trying to be some commentary on human nature is a joke.

Metal Gear is a lot bigger then MGS

You clearly have never played the original Metal Gear. Itís an absolutely awful game, even by the standards of the time period.
#284FireMage7777Posted 12/10/2012 8:15:58 AM
"Cute that you only mention these for the X games when you have far more skills for avoid attacks available like the slide and wall jump. Most of those levels are done in a breeze. Try a Mega Man 9 Perfect Run and then give me a call. Or the Hard Mode no-damage boss runs in MM10. Chill Man beckons you."

Go do Infinity Mijinion and Sting Chamelion...just those two...apologize to me when you give up

"Cute how he doesnít mention no magic or upgrades with these. Canít beat those tough fights without room-clearing spells? PleaseÖ"

Grab kills work just as nice...

"How laughable. The fact that you throw this out so nonchalantly is proof that you havenít even attempted it."

I looked it up. I throw it around nonchalantly because that's what it consists of. Honestly no damage is easier

"In other words, you donít do stuff that actually challenge you and make you do it multiple times? Hate to say it, but having to fight an enemy for a long period is a form of challenge as itís tougher to have to be perfect over a longer period of time. If you can kill an enemy in two minutes as opposed to ten, then not getting hit suddenly becomes a lot easier. Of course, had you actually tried these no upgrade/magic/chests challenges, you would know this."

Depends on the enemy. In GOW most enemies have only close range attacks...where as Kratos has a mid range weapon...so no

Also where do you people with your horrible posting format and your crappy challenges come from?
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#285SBK91Posted 12/10/2012 8:57:12 AM
I'm beginning to think you're as much of a fool as Galen Marek

To refer to another user as a fool or any other variation of stupid is a TOU violation.

I've done no damage against both on VH.

You managed to get through the Clones without the family being harmed at all? I doubt it.

Perspehone is trivial to get no damage with the Sun Shield and doesn't require you to keep it up long with the GoZ.

doing nothing but [],[],^ on a group then grab killing one until they're all dead

How fortunate, because if you do that you'll fail. Everytime.

>Hotel

Good to see you, old fellow.

Canít beat those tough fights without room-clearing spells?

You'd think between collisions, infinite grabs, ringouts, DEM SUBS....

Hate to say it, but having to fight an enemy for a long period is a form of challenge as itís tougher to have to be perfect over a longer period of time.

Precisely.

Nolanís are frickin cartoons.

Nolan's films have nothing on the cartoons.

Grab kills work just as nice...

Against the Translator? ER? Skorp? Geryon? Perspephone? NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I looked it up.

And apparently paid no attention whatsoever to what was actually going on. If you'd actually tried it, you'd understand why your claim is laughable.

Depends on the enemy.

No, that's pretty universal.

In GOW most enemies have only close range attacks

And when they don't?

where as Kratos has a mid range weapon

Which deals piss for damage, doesn't interrupt large foes, and is terrible for protection missions.
#286FireMage7777Posted 12/10/2012 9:14:57 AM
"To refer to another user as a fool or any other variation of stupid is a TOU violation."

I see no user named Galen Marek ;)

"You managed to get through the Clones without the family being harmed at all? I doubt it."

That doesn't count as damage against the player. Grasping for straws against my amazingness?

"Perspehone is trivial to get no damage with the Sun Shield and doesn't require you to keep it up long with the GoZ."

I'm a Blades only guy...because its like the Plasma Cutter in Dead Space...the best weapon in the game

"How fortunate, because if you do that you'll fail. Everytime."

Say that to this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFebZvIPZlc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Against the Translator? ER? Skorp? Geryon? Perspephone? NOPE NOPE NOPE."

Those are difficult to you? LOL

"And when they don't?"

Their attacks come from a mile away

You may take your leave now
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#287JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:42:15 AM
TheDromader posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
derrick112 posted...
Of course he's a troll! I already outed him out for being a Big Fat Hypocrite! All this talk about how change is necessary yet he criticizes the same Capcom for making changes to Resident Evil. And you would think if he actually did studies based on whether DMC is recognizable he would have mentioned that right at the beginning instead of half assing it later to try and prove his point. Even then how he thought to mention it like it was an intellectual thing to do just shows how SAD of a person he is to be thinking about asking kids and teenagers if they have heard of DMC just to prove his point.

I would welcome the change, if they knew how. Some game developers know how to make one thing and one thing only. I wouldnt ask platinum games to make a good game with a good story, all they are capable of making is good gameplay. every story they do is the same, some bad ass who beats up everything and spouts out cheesy one liners. Look what they have done to raiden for christ sakes! He was a well developed character, he was supposed to settle down with rose and his kid. Now he talks smack to metal gears while being a cheesy ninja. You think this game doesnt fit DMC criteria, MGR sure as hell doesnt meet the metal gear solid criteria by a long shot.

Maybe because, I dunno, its NOT MGS, as in Metal Gear SOLID, while this game clearly states its Devil may cry, twice even? Its not even the same genre as Solid. And even if, do you remember Ocelot in 3? I think the so called ,,standards'' of MGS has been in constant decline since Vamp showed up, and climaxed when Raiden started breakdancing with Geckos attached to his feet in 4. Also, you can wear a cardboard box with a sombrero on it. I THINK ANY KIND OF POSSIBLE STANDARDS HAVE BEEN EXCEEDED AT THIS POINT.

My point is, it has that same platinum stamp of cheese, that gets old real fast and is predictable. At least when kojima did it, it was actually funny and clever.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#288knuxnolePosted 12/10/2012 12:48:25 PM
lol you don't think Britney Spears is revoluntionary? :P

inb4hipsters say music noone cares about is the best thing ever and hates Top 40 music
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#289MrStarkillerPosted 12/10/2012 2:08:57 PM
Strelok: >isn't a dub
It is. A dub given by the devs that shifts with each entry while the core behind it has remained largely the same since GoWII set things in stone. "God Mode" is VH in GoW1, GoS and CoO (perhaps GoW:A as well *if they don't drop it down to new lows in terms of the dub that is*). 'God' is Hard in GoWII and Normal in GoWIII. The vets have long since ceased referring to them by terms like Mortal, Hero, Spartan, God, Titan and Chaos. With good reason.

NOTE: GoS's Arena apparently went with just noting the setting as what it is (Ex: Normal is "Normal"). How progressive.

On another note, their move name dubs have shifted with entries before too. That's a more difficult issue to address in some cases. Having designations (assigned by myself as I test damage values) as alternatives tends to help (but when inputs change, then you have to be more specific to make up for it).

Hyperion Charge was "S" in GoWII and will be "s4"(a) in GoW:A *as non-rage ender*. Tartarus Rage has had a number of variants using that name while being different from each other (warranting further elaboration of which entry you're speaking of). Such things can be a bother, but you can't always help that. With difficulty dubs, you can. Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard.

Merga: >most
I wouldn't go that far. If you don't count the secondary entries though...

Granted, again, GoW:A could very well re-instate VH as "God". But then, it could also drop the bar (in terms of dubs) further. Casual (E), Mortal (N), Hero (H), Spartan (VH). I like the new names already. *hohoho* I could take this further (for fun's sake *and I know how some chaps love their fun in vidya*). Babby's First Game (E), DSP (N), Glorified Normal (H), Untested (Very Hard). Thoughts?

Mage: >Galen Marek
Call me "GMG". We're closer than this, friend.

>still avoiding actual challenges
Do you even lift, casual bro? If you can't handle GoW and just like to play for fun, why not just note it? Why all the diverting? You ashamed of what you are or something?

>the PS3 boards
Nay. This is the DmC: Devil May Cry board (Devil may Cry: Devil May Cry).

NOTE: You didn't finish your sentence. More to add?

>isn't that hard
And yet you can't man up to take it on? Telling.

NOTE: Why do you insist on going on about Gears? I'd rather discuss Vanquish if the conversation must be about a shooter. Speaking of which, played that one? It's great.

>even with my restriction
I didn't make NURs. I was involved with PAIN/PAIN+ (and some other variants) though. I was the one that made the distinction between NUR and NUR+ (along with how the latter is represented) though. This was in response to issues with clarification while reviewing Shinobier's work in his first GoW1 run (so much to teach, so little time).

>I know
That you can't handle the clones? This is well established. How about Persephone? You planning to turn tail at the sight of a woman too?

>did a
Very common and natural part of a cycle that is quite old (as Hotel, SBK, the gent, etc. can attest). Emulation as flattery. "I love it!" - Gene

NOTE: So you officially flirting with me now? Mind yourself. Don't hit on teacher, silly boy. That's against the rules. Which entry, if not GoW1 or CoO, shall you be starting with then? GoWII for some Tranny action? You know you want some.

>calling other users trolls
*glove slap*
Mind the terms you agreed to for this service, boy.

>aren't Action games
You implying they're of the Third Person Hack-and-Slash variety, sport? Come now.

>insults to a user that doesn't even post here
Never understood why I see this so often. "Starkiller" doesn't even post outside of GameSpot that I've seen.
#290MrStarkillerPosted 12/10/2012 2:26:07 PM
>I've done
Nothing of note. You've shown yourself to be a casual who refuses to learn from his betters. Why won't you let us help you enjoy the game more through fulfilling proper challenges? Why settle for lesser things, my boy?

>don't feel like
So you're scared, casual, lazy and poor?

>I don't validation
I feel like a word is missing here. Also, you do "need" (you're welcome, by the way) it from the vets. Until you join our ranks, you'll always need our approval.

>how awesome you are
>cites lesser run in vanilla conditions
Oh, you. Much to learn, indeed. Your heart set on any particular entry? I still feel like you should just man up and get to business with GoW1.

>nothing but
You'll lose in hilarious fashion doing just that. Prove me wrong.

>still droning on about unrelated vidya
You planning on running away from GoW until you fade out, son? I do not suggest this path you're taking. It can do you no good. Your resistance is futile. We're just here to help. Why do you deny your benefactors?

>just nice
Much to learn, indeed. Perhaps he intends to grab Persephone S2 to death. What say you, Hotel? SBK?

>looked it up
*glove slap*
You've made many errors in one go. There is no honor in trying for the high score in this particular pursuit you've chosen.

>no damage is easier
>GoW1
Do even know the damage values, boy? Again, I cite collisions. What do you know of the system of foes forced into contact with others in GoW? Bayonetta had a system for this too. DMC isn't too big on it (nor NG really), but to each their own, right? Wouldn't want DMC to have ring-out either (and yet DmC is happening).

>in GOW
What's all this about Gears?

>abusing the ellipsis
*drops brick into glove*
I do this for you. Not to you. Remember it well.

>so no
So you're so casual that you can't even step up to the plate for the old college try? A run skeleton isn't so hard to fill either. If you wish not to believe me, SBK and Hotel can attest to this.

>where
The internet.

>posting format
You're unfamiliar with it?

>challenges
2hardcore4u