The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#31UbberDevilPosted 12/6/2012 1:26:47 PM
But i recently did a survey at my college and even a few gamestops asking people what thier favorite games were and what they were most looking forward to. people from ages 18 to 22,

I don't find your survey to be very valid. How many people did you get to survey? Even if it was quite a few that's still not a wide enough scale. Maybe another college in your state knows all about DMC or what about outside of your state? All you proved was that your neighborhood isn't that into older games.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#32Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:27:02 PM
EntropyZero posted...
PS3 is the best sony console ever. What the hell is a ps2??

No idea. It doesn't have CoD on it, so I don't care. It's not relevant any more.

XD again at Pulp Fiction and Fight Club not being relevant compared to Statham crap.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#33JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:27:28 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I still remember games from 20 years ago. How are they not valid? Do the old games stop existing the second the new games are released?

in a way yes

Explain yourself or go back under your bridge.

my point is, yes you do remember, I remember, everybody here remembers good ol devil may cry. But i recently did a survey at my college and even a few gamestops asking people what thier favorite games were and what they were most looking forward to. people from ages 18 to 22, I also asked if they ever heard of devil may cry or even the new DmC, most really didnt know what I was talking about or if they did, they only HEARD of the old games, hell they didnt even know a new one was announced. Believe me I was VERY surprised, but it hit me, that at least in the gaming world many games become iconic but very few become legendary and devil may cry is not one of them.

That doesn't change the fact that I can still play DMC or even a NES game whenever I feel like it. They're still relevant to me and there's nothing your limited study can do about it.

Thats fine and dandy dude, I just wish you guys would stop wondering why these developers dont really care what you guys think. None of what you say is or has been very relevant to what they are tying to do, which is appeal to new people. Stop all the b**** because it falls on deaf ears.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#34Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:29:22 PM

Thats fine and dandy dude, I just wish you guys would stop wondering why these developers dont really care what you guys think. None of what you say is or has been very relevant to what they are tying to do, which is appeal to new people. Stop all the b**** because it falls on deaf ears.

I'll ***** with my wallet. Crapcom aren't getting a penny from me. They may be getting new customers, but they've lost most of the people that used to be loyal to their brand. Most companies that do this kind of thing crash and burn, I honestly hope that happens to Capcom now.
---
#35UbberDevilPosted 12/6/2012 1:31:11 PM
Yeah, those ears won't be so deaf if this game does, indeed, fail.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#36JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:32:08 PM
UbberDevil posted...
But i recently did a survey at my college and even a few gamestops asking people what thier favorite games were and what they were most looking forward to. people from ages 18 to 22,

I don't find your survey to be very valid. How many people did you get to survey? Even if it was quite a few that's still not a wide enough scale. Maybe another college in your state knows all about DMC or what about outside of your state? All you proved was that your neighborhood isn't that into older games.

I personally surveyed over 300 people at the college and 32 at various gamestops in a 3 week period. I also surveyed on facebook.
---
#37fifinamboPosted 12/6/2012 1:32:16 PM
JackJunk topic, people.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#38Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:32:54 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
UbberDevil posted...

I personally surveyed over 300 people at the college and 32 at various gamestops in a 3 week period. I also surveyed on facebook.

Any proof of this?
---
#39JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:38:57 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
EntropyZero posted...
PS3 is the best sony console ever. What the hell is a ps2??

No idea. It doesn't have CoD on it, so I don't care. It's not relevant any more.

XD again at Pulp Fiction and Fight Club not being relevant compared to Statham crap.

as asinine as that sounds there are people who dont know there was a ps2, I urge you in all seriousness do a survey yourself outside of gamefaqs and bias and see some of the shocking crap you find.

Better yet, i gotta friend who loves devil may cry and does a great cosplay of dante at conventions and some people walk up to him and ask "who are you supposed to be?"

Blasphemy right? or is devil may cry falling into obscurity?
---
#40Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 1:40:26 PM
Everybody I personally know is aware of the PS2 and the old DMC games. It also doesn't matter to me if they fall into obscurity. I can still play them. My opinions on things aren't based on what the mindless masses find popular.
---