The older DMCs are just not valid anymore.

#51Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:51:25 PM
*Yawns*
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#52JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:51:50 PM
SilentS89 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Why? To be true batman fan he has to go through decade old stuff? Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards? People must relate to things and things must have relevance to really be any good. Dragging people into the past with conservative ideas just slows the natural progression. When something ends, it needs to end, when things get dated, they need to be updated.

Are you Tameem Antoniades?

Why, I am flattered!
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#53Pesmerga255Posted 12/6/2012 12:54:22 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
Why? To be true batman fan he has to go through decade old stuff? Why cant he start where he started at his age move forward instead of backwards? People must relate to things and things must have relevance to really be any good. Dragging people into the past with conservative ideas just slows the natural progression. When something ends, it needs to end, when things get dated, they need to be updated.

Why, I am flattered!

Proof that this user is a troll. Y'all know what to do with trolls.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#54KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/6/2012 12:54:28 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
This is a Jack topic......

*leaves quietly*

you want in this too? go on gimme your 2 cents.

My two cents is that this is BS. If we don't learn from history, it repeats itself. I know plenty of newer gamers who know the classics. It all depends on the individual, this survey means nothing. It also depends on who you ask.

yes asking regular people and then asking biased, rabid, DMC fans garner plenty of interesting results...problem is, it's too obvious to see which group falls into the pitiful minority.

That's not what I meant. I mean if you ask nongamers, then yeah they won't know. Ask any gamer and they know what OOT or MGS is. Yes, DMC wasn't the most popular game, but among H&S gamers it was known as the best. If you ask FPS gamers, they won't know it. You need to ask the actual target audience, not just everyone.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#55JackJunk8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:00:52 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

*leaves quietly*

My two cents is that this is BS. If we don't learn from history, it repeats itself. I know plenty of newer gamers who know the classics. It all depends on the individual, this survey means nothing. It also depends on who you ask.

yes asking regular people and then asking biased, rabid, DMC fans garner plenty of interesting results...problem is, it's too obvious to see which group falls into the pitiful minority.

That's not what I meant. I mean if you ask nongamers, then yeah they won't know. Ask any gamer and they know what OOT or MGS is. Yes, DMC wasn't the most popular game, but among H&S gamers it was known as the best. If you ask FPS gamers, they won't know it. You need to ask the actual target audience, not just everyone.

popular consensus for target audience would say God of War for hack n slash. DMC is more a niche sub category of hack n slash genre.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#56Ariel_ServicePosted 12/6/2012 1:16:44 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...

Why, I am flattered!

I thought you were female?
#57BaulModeusPosted 12/6/2012 1:43:14 PM
As worked up as everyone gets around here about a simple video-game I wonder if we can translate the amount of energy we put into debating these play things with a discussion about the Central Banking System that exploits the world and the Federal Reserve which isn't even a governmental body (as "Federal" as Federal Express) yet controls the ENTIRE wealth of the United States which runs the free world. >_>
#58darkslayer001Posted 12/6/2012 1:43:38 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

*leaves quietly*

idk if u watched the Eventstatus vids but that guy pretty much sums up how history is repeating itselt in the industry....
#59KaijinSurohmPosted 12/6/2012 1:51:56 PM
JackJunk, do you post these ridiculous theories, and thoughts, just to erk people?

Serious question here.
#60NecronmonPosted 12/6/2012 1:55:40 PM
Oh its ok that I think the holocaust is fun, I never saw it so it never happened to me! Oh Dragon Ball Evolution is the most RECENT Dragon Ball film, it must be the TRUE dragon ball and the best one ever!
( End Sarcasm.)

Lazy stupid people just see everything that's in front of them and expect it as fact, it does not mean that what they believe is the truth.

Sometimes people just have to be forced to expect that there belief's are wrong and need to be changed.

Its not that the old Devil May Cries are not valid, its that this generation the mass of casual gamers that never were even in to games till this gen because of how watered down they are and just like Call of Duty and the sort.

Instead of conforming to the ideas of informed idiots, they should continue to make it to what works, so that fools will know what real greatness is and not just like the first thing they see.