Best Hack&Slash for 2013? DmC, NGS3, GOW4, MGR, or CLOS2?

#191BaulModeusPosted 12/8/2012 4:01:52 PM
Billysan posted...
Stink_Nasty posted...

To note, Kamiya doesn't like making sequels, he didn't want one of DMC and he didn't want one of Bayo which is why he isn't directing it. He likes to make new games, which is why he's doing P100 (forgot the real name).

He did want to make another another DMC and Bayonetta game. Although he wanted to focus on different characters.

WHAT!? Kamiya loves his franchises, he wanted to do a sequel titled Devil Never Cry using the novel he helped Shinya Goikeda write, Capcom fired his ass and made DMC 2 then they pooped on the story he wanted by making 3 and 4 and not even consulting with him.

People only cared about the so called bastardization of DMC when it was rebooted and handed over to another developer, before that no one even gave a damn that Capcom played hot potato with the series by handing it over to various people, but I guess that ok so long as it stays among Japanese writers and developers right? -__-
#192BillysanPosted 12/8/2012 4:14:24 PM(edited)
BaulModeus posted...
Billysan posted...
Stink_Nasty posted...

To note, Kamiya doesn't like making sequels, he didn't want one of DMC and he didn't want one of Bayo which is why he isn't directing it. He likes to make new games, which is why he's doing P100 (forgot the real name).

He did want to make another another DMC and Bayonetta game. Although he wanted to focus on different characters.

WHAT!? Kamiya loves his franchises, he wanted to do a sequel titled Devil Never Cry using the novel he helped Shinya Goikeda write, Capcom fired his ass and made DMC 2 then they pooped on the story he wanted by making 3 and 4 and not even consulting with him.

People only cared about the so called bastardization of DMC when it was rebooted and handed over to another developer, before that no one even gave a damn that Capcom played hot potato with the series by handing it over to various people, but I guess that ok so long as it stays among Japanese writers and developers right? -__-

They didn't fire him then.

They started making DMC2 with out telling him.

Okami was his last project with Capcom.

And plenty of people care about what capcom did. DMC2 was universally panned. But DMC3 brought the series back with or without Kamiya the game was awesome. Plus Kamiya isn't that great of a story teller anyway.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#193BadDecisionsPosted 12/8/2012 4:30:09 PM
I'm most interested in Bayonetta 2, then Anarchy Reigns, then MGR.
I'm also closely watching DmC, as one would watch a train fly free from the tracks. It's... terrible and tragic, but I can't look away.

Never liked GoW, and LoS1 was horrible.
I have no feelings for or against Ninja Gaiden.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#194Pesmerga255Posted 12/8/2012 4:35:23 PM
Plus Kamiya isn't that great of a story teller anyway.

Tameem is a great storyteller, right?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#195Bleach313Posted 12/8/2012 4:39:59 PM
Metal Gear Rising is my vote.
Anything with Metal Gear in the name sells well and is noticed by people. Not to mention now that everyone's settled down has noticed it's potential.

DMC has so much hate from the gaming community and the demo put a bad taste in most people's mouth, that I don't believe it's gonna go far. Not to mention if you go on VGAchartz.com (yeah I know not trustworthy site) in the pre-order sales. They list it as not even having over 25,000 in America alone. Don't use the "well it's coming out in like so-so months," because The Last of Us isn't coming out until May and it has over 60,000 pre-orders according to the site.
#1961SethSiroAnton1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:42:38 PM
I'm getting all these games for sure but for MGR....I need to play a Demo first.

---
PSN: DeathRitualBegin - The Official Dracula Of The C:LOS2 Board.
Getting: C:LOS2, GOW:A/4, DmC, NGS3?
#197BillysanPosted 12/8/2012 4:46:39 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Plus Kamiya isn't that great of a story teller anyway.

Tameem is a great storyteller, right?

No.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#198SilentS89Posted 12/8/2012 4:47:44 PM
1SethSiroAnton1 posted...
Best Hack&Slash for 2013? DmC, NGS3, GOW4, MGR, or CLOS2?

Pretty vague question, but here is my opinion.

I think GOW4 will have the most sales.

MGR will have the best reviews.

NGS3 will be superior to Razor's Edge but people will still complain.

Not familar with CLOS2

DmC... well, there are entire threads dedicated to our opinions of this game.
#199Pesmerga255Posted 12/8/2012 4:48:36 PM
DmC will have the best reviews. Have you ever looked at a review for NT's other games? They're great.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#200StrelokPosted 12/8/2012 5:01:42 PM
So do the Call of Duty games.

I have learned to ignore "professional" reviewers ever since I saw a reviewer give Baldurs Gate a 2/10 because he hated Dungeons & Dragons and it was very clear he never even got out of the prologue.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg