I thought Dante was half human?

#1boosh61Posted 12/7/2012 7:02:26 AM
Because of all the references made before about him being half-mortal? Now in this demo he's apparently half Angel from his mom's side?? Does that still qualify as mortal or..?
---
when's dreamcast 2 coming out
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 7:03:37 AM
They made him more relateable by removing his human side.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/7/2012 7:04:11 AM
We don't really know the nature of the angels in this game, other than the fact that they look like strippers, which I'm perfectly fine with.
It's almost Shin Megami in appeal that way.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#4Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 7:05:41 AM
One thing that we do know, is that they aren't human.
---
#5Grey_Fox4Posted 12/7/2012 7:06:37 AM
This technically isn't a reboot (despite people saying it is) they've basically entirely changed it to the point that it is it's own thing. In the other games his Mother was a human.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#6Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 7:07:20 AM
Grey_Fox4 posted...
This technically isn't a reboot (despite people saying it is) they've basically entirely changed it to the point that it is it's own thing. In the other games his Mother was a human.

Technically, it's a prequel. Dante's VA confirmed it.
---
#7DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/7/2012 7:08:32 AM
In reboots, you get to make a lot of changes. See Marvel/DC for reference
---
#8m100t8sPosted 12/7/2012 7:18:13 AM
The only thing I hate about DmC story. Is this.
They made his mother an angel, I mean they just took out what made Dante's special :/ I really hate how they changed the fact that he's half demon and half human.

Does anyone remember the Cerberus boss dialogue in DMC3?

Cerberus: You...are not human...are you?
Dante: Who knows? I'm not even sure myself.
Cerberus: Regardless, you have proved you strength. I acknowledge you ability. Take my soul and go forth. You have my blessing.

This is what made Dante so badass, The demons were always wondering how could a half human guy beat them.
#9Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 7:19:15 AM
The demons are too busy being the illuminati to wonder about stuff now. At least the Anonymous order will be able to take them down.

Occupy Limbo!!
---
#10DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/7/2012 7:23:55 AM
I honestly think they made him Half-Angel to distance him from the half-human situation. It is a rather common thing nowadays, especially in the japanese media for a character to be half-demon/half-human.
And really, I never understood how someone half-demon could take out full demons without problem. Is he like half-saiyan? Does the combination of both human and demon allow for UNLIMITED POTENTIAL??!!! Haha, but it appears so. Every series with a half-demon guy has him wooping all the purebreds butts regularly.
Atleast with him being half-angel, him beating up full demons seems atleast within the realm of reason, but then again, this is DMC too.
---