I thought Dante was half human?

#51DevilTears604Posted 12/7/2012 10:29:38 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
Billysan posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Billysan posted...
They probably did this to set up a twist in the story.

Vergil and Dante will end up finding out they don't have the same mother and I bet ironically Vergil will be the one with the angel mother.

Or possibly two different fathers...which would totally ruin the dynamic of Dante and Vergil.

They're twins.... it'd be hard to have two different moms/dads.

lol they already changed stuff dramatically so that isn't so much a issue.

Oh hey you guys aren't really twins duh duh duh!

Although twins can have two different fathers it's rare though but we are talking about angel and demons here.

That, and the mom's probably gotta get around quite a bit too huh lol?

I really don't think much has been altered really. Everyone's core personality is still intact. Dante is still the wisecracking antihero who discovers his true purpose. Vergil is still the devoted madman who will let anyone die to acheive what he wants. Mundus is still the power-hungry arch demon who defeated Heaven and Hell at the same time.

And I always thought those were the three main characters in the whole series; Dante, Vergil, and Mundus.

The only one who's existence is fundamentally different is Eva, and we never really connected with her character anyway.

Sparda was pretty important too. He was the basis for many of the game's plots.
"Sparda did this"
"I want Sparda's power"
"Sparda sealed this here".

He's really important, and it's a bit sad to see him reduced in this game...

Well yeah, Sparda is very important too. I guess i just don't see how he's being reduced. I mean, in the old series, he was the Legendary Dark Knight who was captured and killed by Mundus, right?

Well here, he's the Legendary Dark Knight who was captured by Mundus, and it's implied he wasn't killed. That could mean a plethora of different things. Maybe he's brainwashed into being his servent and Dante has to set him free. Maybe Sparda escaped and became an underground movement leader against the demons. IDK, I can kinda see a lot of different ways this can go, and I wouldn't think many of them would diminish his importance in the grand scheme of things.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#52Vergil_2205Posted 12/7/2012 10:41:18 PM
Sparda wouldn't be legendary if he was captured and killed by Mundus. The way I see it he defeated and sealed Mundus from the human world and lost his life doing so hence the legendary title.

aaandd if in this game he's being brainwashed by Mundus....just....OMG....I think Mundus brainwashed crapcom...
---
PSN ID : Vergil_2205
#53KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/7/2012 10:43:11 PM
DevilTears604 posted...
Well yeah, Sparda is very important too. I guess i just don't see how he's being reduced. I mean, in the old series, he was the Legendary Dark Knight who was captured and killed by Mundus, right?

Well here, he's the Legendary Dark Knight who was captured by Mundus, and it's implied he wasn't killed. That could mean a plethora of different things. Maybe he's brainwashed into being his servent and Dante has to set him free. Maybe Sparda escaped and became an underground movement leader against the demons. IDK, I can kinda see a lot of different ways this can go, and I wouldn't think many of them would diminish his importance in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think Sparda's death was ever confirmed, but I could be wrong. I do remember him fighting all of hell alone though, so I imagine if he did die, he went down fighting. Original Sparda was strong enough to defeat the prince of hell, but the new one gets imprisoned? It does seem like they reduced him a bit, for the Legendary Dark Knight to be captured? I'm just not fond of it. Even if it opens up story opportunities, I just don't like the fact that the demon who fought hell and was revered by some as a god in the previous games would be captured by the enemy...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#54Malus_X6Posted 12/7/2012 10:49:35 PM
Either way, I still think it's hilarious that this game incorrectly uses the term "nephilim".
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#55pigboyPosted 12/7/2012 11:08:43 PM(edited)

You are kidding right buddy; but it is not very funny. XD

In the original DMC, Sparda was the Legendary Dark Knight who singlely defeated the whole Demon Army from Hell, and defeated the Demon King Mundus ALL BY HIMSELF! That's how powerful Sparda was. That's what Legendary means!

It would not be so "legendary" if Sparda is just another no-body demon who rebelled and captured by Demon King Mudus because he fxxxed an angel. I am sorry; it is not very satisfying or "legendary" about this story. it sounds more like an afternoon soap-opera or a B-rated Twilight wantabe. XD
#56pigboyPosted 12/7/2012 10:57:11 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...

I don't think Sparda's death was ever confirmed, but I could be wrong. I do remember him fighting all of hell alone though, so I imagine if he did die, he went down fighting. Original Sparda was strong enough to defeat the prince of hell, but the new one gets imprisoned? It does seem like they reduced him a bit, for the Legendary Dark Knight to be captured? I'm just not fond of it. Even if it opens up story opportunities, I just don't like the fact that the demon who fought hell and was revered by some as a god in the previous games would be captured by the enemy...

As far as all the material I read, they referred him died two thousands years later after he sealed the gate. The funny thing is, I don't think Capcom officially confirm it in their canon story. It seems like Capcom just want to leave it as a rumor now just in case they want to "do something about it" in the future.
#57DevilTears604Posted 12/7/2012 11:00:30 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...

Yeah, I get what you mean. Sparda's death is pretty much up in the air right now. We don't know for sure.

There's a couple reasons why I would buy that though. The first being that, maybe a part of Sparda's credibility is being traded in to enhance the credibility of Mundus. I mean, I personally saw Mundus as not being that awesome of an antagonist. If you're the Prince of Hell and you get beat by one guy, it's really not that awe-inspiring to me. I can understand why he was the universal "bad guy" of the DMC series, but he just didn't seem that awesome to me.

And if Dante is following the stereotypical "hero's journey" that a lot of games follow, he rises up, becomes stronger than his father, and is able to defeat the great evil.

The other reason would just be that, I just could not buy the power of Hell and its army if it was defeated by one man. Whoever you are, unless you're God himself, couldn't stand up to the total might of Hell and walk away from it. But again, that's just me thinking that some credibility is being switched around.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#58DarkSlayer487Posted 12/8/2012 12:47:15 AM(edited)
Its widely accepted ( or at least speculated ) that Sparda died right before Dante and Vergil were born. Mundus's demons finally found Eva and killed her when Dante and Vergil were 8 years old.

If I recall correctly, they chased Vergil into a graveyard and impaled him with Yamato, awakening his Devil Trigger and setting off his lust for power.

Dante just hid like a *****
---
1993 Camaro Z28