Q&A with DmC Producer LIVE now.

#1Tales_of_MasterPosted 12/7/2012 12:48:29 PM
For the interested...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29526037/live-view-qa-with-producer-alex-jones-associate-producer-greg-lewickyj-127-11am-pst?liveView=1
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, DS: Soul Hackers, SMTIV, JJBA ASB, Injustice GAU, Ace Attorney 5, Tales of Hearts R
#2Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 12:48:48 PM
Get ready for some epic question dodging!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3TaizukuPosted 12/7/2012 12:49:50 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Get ready for some epic question dodging!

They only dodge them because they've answered all the questions smart asses are going to ask.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9eZGg.gif <---Mind****
PSN: MobileFlame
#4Tales_of_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:50:23 PM
Meh, it doesn't seem as crowded as the last Q&A session :P
---
Waiting for: MGSR, DS: Soul Hackers, SMTIV, JJBA ASB, Injustice GAU, Ace Attorney 5, Tales of Hearts R
#5Pesmerga255Posted 12/7/2012 12:52:28 PM
Tales_of_Master posted...
Meh, it doesn't seem as crowded as the last Q&A session :P

Probably because they know that there won't be any new information and all the good questions will be sidestepped or ignored completely.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6Tales_of_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:53:52 PM
Dec 7, 2012 -- 1:51PM, Chris wrote:

Hey, I'm loving the demo and I wanted to know if there are any plans for a sequel. If there are will this become the standard DMC universe or will there continue to be games along the ligns of the original games, almost in the same manner as megaman games?

Capcom's already said that the game's success will not guarantee that the old style will end and DmC become the norm.

Thought this was interesting.
---
#7Tales_of_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:59:25 PM
The reason for the new no-decreasing style meter....

Hi Angelo, glad you're liking it. A bit of both actually we have a lot of depth (particularly as it relates to weapon and alignement-specific vunerabilities of enemies) and giving the player just a little breathing room to think a bit more tactically about how to manage any particular skirmish without excessively penalizing him or her was a conscious choice.

---
#8mahroflcopterPosted 12/7/2012 1:01:08 PM
Tales_of_Master posted...
The reason for the new no-decreasing style meter....

Hi Angelo, glad you're liking it. A bit of both actually we have a lot of depth (particularly as it relates to weapon and alignement-specific vunerabilities of enemies) and giving the player just a little breathing room to think a bit more tactically about how to manage any particular skirmish without excessively penalizing him or her was a conscious choice.

Then give it a five to ten seconds timer before it starts to decrease. Problem solved.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#9Tales_of_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:06:22 PM
A comment from Greg on the Arbiter:

GregaMan December 7, 2012 2:04 PM CST
@Rambi, We've definitely seen a lot of feedback on the Arbiter, though I think some of your feedback is also unique. I just want to encourage you to keep experimenting with the moves and their positioning properties before writing them off. The Osiris knock-back finisher has its applications, but there are times when you'll want to switch to another weapon to prevent it. Trinity Smash is powerful, especially on demo drones, but not a be-all-end-all. It's also quite exposing, and you'll notice that Arbiter natural blows all cause knockback on smaller enemies, which is sometimes disadvantageous.

At any rate, we're definitely recessing the feedback we've been getting and are investigating some potential rebalancing as a result, but we can't really make any concrete guarantees right now.

---
#10mahroflcopterPosted 12/7/2012 1:08:13 PM
Why do people still think that there will be changes made? It comes out in 39 days... If they haven't gone gold yet, they will any day now.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.