Q&A with DmC Producer LIVE now.

#21KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 1:46:27 PM
Two personal questions answered:

1) They refuse to give us the option for changing how the weapon switch option works, from hold, to press, because they feel they "Perfected" it.

2) The city traps will start to speed up and be less labeled.

Past that, it really wasn't anything worth wild to sit through.
#22KyryloPosted 12/7/2012 1:54:39 PM
*sigh* I guess people give up on asking them important questions. If they do they dodge them "NEO" style
#23KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 2:01:09 PM
Kyrylo posted...
*sigh* I guess people give up on asking them important questions. If they do they dodge them "NEO" style

Atleast Neo had style when dodging.
#24Tales_of_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:26:52 PM
A nice summary of all the important question answered in the Q&A session. Some interesting stuff.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/capcom-uptick-in-pre-order-sales-after-dmc-devil-may-cry-demo/
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, DS: Soul Hackers, SMTIV, JJBA ASB, Injustice GAU, Ace Attorney 5, Tales of Hearts R
#25ShadowZero007Posted 12/7/2012 2:28:46 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...

1) They refuse to give us the option for changing how the weapon switch option works, from hold, to press, because they feel they "Perfected" it.

Toggle wouldn't work.
With how often you switch between forms it'd just confuse things between all the single taps and double taps.

Just imagine it.
Human
Angel
Devil
In that order mapped to L2; alternate weapon switching is mapped to the D-pad still.

You want to angel dash over to your enemy. L2 once plus X in the air, you want to come down with Arbiters mid air launcher. L2 one more time followed by 0. You launch the enemy in the air and want to chase it up. Double tap L2 to angel pull yourself toward it; you want to use aerial rave another double tap. Between all the grabs, pulls, attacks, dodges, and dashes youd be tapping the button all the time. The way it's set up works better for how often you're going to be switching and alternating between the three. Making it toggle based would also make the pause combo switching wonky.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#26KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 2:53:49 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...

Toggle wouldn't work.
With how often you switch between forms it'd just confuse things between all the single taps and double taps.

Just imagine it.
Human
Angel
Devil
In that order mapped to L2; alternate weapon switching is mapped to the D-pad still.

You want to angel dash over to your enemy. L2 once plus X in the air, you want to come down with Arbiters mid air launcher. L2 one more time followed by 0. You launch the enemy in the air and want to chase it up. Double tap L2 to angel pull yourself toward it; you want to use aerial rave another double tap. Between all the grabs, pulls, attacks, dodges, and dashes youd be tapping the button all the time. The way it's set up works better for how often you're going to be switching and alternating between the three. Making it toggle based would also make the pause combo switching wonky.

I do it in DMC4 just fine, with FIVE completely diffrent styles, with their own movesets, and multiple diffrent weapons. Tapping a button in mid combo wouldn't be hard at all.

If worse comes to work, pop them in the air, then change toys, and continue. Tapping a button is less stressful on a hand when you are not anchored down to a single button, forcing your hand to go in less natural positions.
#27KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 2:57:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 2:59:04 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...

Just imagine it.
Human
Angel
Devil

Lemme break it down further.

L2 and R2. Ok. L2 Angel, R2 Demon.

Mid sword slashes, you tap L2, you now have an aoe to have fun with, tap again for human mode, continue on, tap R2 for the axe, tap L2 to quickly change to scythe, HOLD the R2 button down to pull the enemy back to you. Hit D-Pad for diffrent weapon.

Seems more natural to me, then having to hold a button down.

For example, DMC4, your weapons were all hotkeyed to L2 and R2, and you had to tap them to switch to a diffrent weapon. Some cases, you had to hit it repeatedly in mid combo to get the toy you wanted, while pressing the D-Pad for the style change, yet still keeping the combo going.

Really not that hard of a concept.
#29ShadowZero007Posted 12/7/2012 3:03:49 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Just imagine it.
Human
Angel
Devil

Mid sword slashes, you tap L2, you now have an aoe to have fun with, tap again for human mode, continue on, tap R2 for the axe, tap L2 to quickly change to scythe, HOLD the R2 button down to pull the enemy back to you. Hit D-Pad for diffrent weapon.

For example, DMC4, your weapons were all hotkeyed to L2 and R2, and you had to tap them to switch to a diffrent weapon. Some cases, you had to hit it repeatedly in mid combo to get the toy you wanted, while pressing the D-Pad for the style change, yet still keeping the combo going.

For some reason I mentally imagined DMC3
Guns on R2 and Weapons on L2. :p

Still it'd be a little annoying having to tap out to revert to human mode as opposed to just letting go. You'd be tapping the back buttons fairly consistently; I just can;t help but see it being a bit cumbersome.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#30KaijinSurohmPosted 12/7/2012 3:45:16 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Just imagine it.
Human
Angel
Devil

For some reason I mentally imagined DMC3
Guns on R2 and Weapons on L2. :p

Still it'd be a little annoying having to tap out to revert to human mode as opposed to just letting go. You'd be tapping the back buttons fairly consistently; I just can;t help but see it being a bit cumbersome.

I fully understand the flaw in what I'm talking about, lol. It's just how I personally prefer to play.

Of course, I'm the type of guy who'd hit the angel scythe up, and never switch out. Ever.