DmC should have never been redone

#1unplugmodemoPosted 12/9/2012 2:01:25 AM
It was one of those things that wasn't broke and did not need to be fixed.
---
http://youlose.ytmnd.com/
#2testament067Posted 12/9/2012 2:05:37 AM
unplugmodemo posted...
It was one of those things that wasn't broke and did not need to be fixed.

okay
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqEDyEaHDk
#3ShadowZero007Posted 12/9/2012 2:17:52 AM(edited)
Meh DMC4 had nowhere to go (Plotwise; debatably the style system was also a dead end that had more or less reached it's extent, but that's a convo for another time.)

I mean people can say things like finish Nero's story, but the options are somewhat limited.
Either Spardas been around in the past 18 (He was 18 right? >_> I dont even know) years getting down and dirty, Nero/Vergil was gonna bust an MGS2 (I LIVE ON; THROUGH THIS ARM!), or Vergil made it with a hooker when he was like 14.

None of those eventualities thrill me.
>_> It'd be cooler if we found out he was an artificial hybrid made by the order or something yet I somehow doubt his origins are remotely of that nature.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4BillysanPosted 12/9/2012 2:24:59 AM(edited)
ShadowZero007 posted...
Meh DMC4 had nowhere to go (Plotwise; debatably the style system was also a dead end that had more or less reached it's extent, but that's a convo for another time.)

I mean people can say things like finish Nero's story, but the options are somewhat limited.
Either Spardas been around in the past 18 (He was 18 right? >_> I dont even know) years getting down and dirty, he was gonna bust an MGS2 (I LIVE ON; THROUGH THIS ARM!), or Vergil made it with a hooker when he was like 14.

>_> It'd be cooler if we found out he was an artificial hybrid made by the order or something yet I somehow doubt his origins are remotely of that nature.

So you're saying the only place to go was backwards. There was a lot of potential to move forward besides would another DMC game with DMC4's combat system with far better level design been bad...

There's was a number of options for Nero.

The most obvious are his connections with Vergil.

Or one of Nero's great ancestors had relations with Sparda. And the bloodline diluted through the ages. Which the actual game hints at being the case.

To say the series was going to go no where before even seeing DMC5 is kinda pointless. Especially with DMC4 rough development.

Picture calling it quits after DMC2 because Capcom screwed the development up.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#5KyryloPosted 12/9/2012 3:09:32 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...

Either Spardas been around in the past 18 (He was 18 right? >_> I dont even know) years getting down and dirty, Nero/Vergil was gonna bust an MGS2 (I LIVE ON; THROUGH THIS ARM!), or Vergil made it with a hooker when he was like 14.

Once again your opinion only. I can say there are a lot way to continue franchise and reboot is only there to cash money from newcomers not to be good game.
#6ShadowZero007Posted 12/9/2012 3:18:01 AM
Kyrylo posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Once again your opinion only. I can say there are a lot way to continue franchise and reboot is only there to cash money from newcomers not to be good game.

I thought it was inherent that I was stating my opinion.
I dont think it should be necessary to have to follow up each post with imo.

But I will admit I could have sounded less declaratory in my statements.

And no; a DMC4 with new weapons and levels wouldnt have been bad, but that's how stagnation begins. When the series stops moving forward and accepts a status quo.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#7KyryloPosted 12/9/2012 4:41:45 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

I thought it was inherent that I was stating my opinion.
I dont think it should be necessary to have to follow up each post with imo.

But I will admit I could have sounded less declaratory in my statements.

And no; a DMC4 with new weapons and levels wouldnt have been bad, but that's how stagnation begins. When the series stops moving forward and accepts a status quo.

You know that such games as AC are publishing about 5-6 sequels that are basically same game revamped and it still works well, since they are same game with new settings. Same works every big IP. Capcom lost chance to made it into big IP. Replace Kratos with someone else and it would be last GoW. It's like remove city from Silent Hill.
#8mad_hax_manPosted 12/9/2012 5:20:52 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...

We've had two artificial characters, Trish and Lucia so far, not to mention The Order of the Sword mass producing the demonic knights in 4

And even if that's not the direction the thrills one particular GameFaqs poster, it was still a direction they could go on. No, I take it back, it was most likely the road Capcom was planning to go when they introduced Nero to the plot. DMC 4 screams "We will follow it up with a sequel where Nero will learn about his past and battle with Vergil over control over his body".

I can kind of understand the idea that Dante's story had concluded with 1 and 3, and style switching was the last natural evolution of his gameplay, but they had only just begun with Nero, in terms of both story and gameplay. And while Nero may not have been popular as Dante, rebooting DMC with strict instructions that NT come up with a Dante you think will be hated was not a great alternative
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#9meat92Posted 12/9/2012 5:55:49 AM
In my opinion , Capcom mess up.Nero story should of been its own without involving Dante.DMC5 will be about Dante ' s adventure in hell.The rest continue Nero ' s story.
---
In my opinion , desire come from fusing love and hate . You love how it make you feel , but hate what it do to you . - demetru92 from xbl