Someone pls explain to me the reson for the hate

#1darkness1018Posted 12/9/2012 1:10:21 AM
Ive been a fan of the DMC since day 1 on PS2. I remember leaving HS in a hurry to pick up my pre order copy and running home after. I was hooked ever since. Ive played every game on PS2, bought the HD collection, had the CE of DMC4 on 360 and when i sold my 360 bought the CE of DMC4 again for PS3, own the anime series and a Dante figure. I stated all of that to try and show how big a fan of the series iam, with that said why is there so much hate for DmC? Ive played the demo was surprised, in a good way, as i too was worried it would be crap but was acually really good to me. I always knew people hated change but come on. If series like DMC and Resident Evil hadnt changed they wouldve become stale, irrelevent and sold poorly. Also, for thos who dont know the original DMC team helped Ninja Theory with DmC so that it would retain the feel of a DMC game.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, 3DS XL, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#2FireMage7777Posted 12/9/2012 1:16:32 AM
There's a LOT of reasons for the hate. Just look through topics
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#3ShadowZero007Posted 12/9/2012 1:19:58 AM(edited)
I personally really enjoyed the demo.
So I'm with you on that one :p

But yes people have some issues with the title.
Unfortunately virtually any thread will illustrate the arguing well; though it'll be somewhat hard to find concise and accurate answers to your question.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4darkness1018(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:41:16 AM
FireMage7777 posted...

I did and most of the hate ive read is just people complaining about it changing from the way is, or Dante looks different, or they changed some of the playing style, or i dont like how it looks, or why is that demon cursing....see where im going? Just sounds like the whining of gamers who refuse to accept change as part of gaming. This game is getting much undue hate just like RE 6 got.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, 3DS XL, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#5pyro_buntaPosted 12/9/2012 1:53:30 AM
darkness1018 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

I did and most of the hate ive read is just people complaining about it changing from the way is, or Dante looks different, or they changed some of the playing style, or i dont like how it looks, or why is that demon cursing....see where im going? Just sounds like the whining of gamers who refuse to accept change as part of gaming. This game is getting much undue hate just like RE 6 got.

There's no reason to continue this topic if you don't understand that. People are complaining because it's not a DMC game. Anyone will find you being a huge fan and buying figures and what not if you couldn't understand why this game isn't DMC. Changing even manual Lock-On that sounds simple, greatly affects the game.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#6FireMage7777Posted 12/9/2012 2:11:28 AM
darkness1018 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

SOME of the playing style...no. I'm not going to get into that
---
PSN: FireMage777
Trophy level: 17 and 38%
#7StrelokPosted 12/9/2012 2:19:40 AM
It's more than just the game.
Text incoming.

We will start at the beginning and first trailer.
Huge art shift.
Dante unrecognizable as Dante.
Ninja Theory isn't exactly known for making good games. They are renowned for their "storytelling". So far no story was done in-house. And to be fair when looking at most RPGs or even some shooters like Half Life and Deus Ex, the stories are bad.
Cursing in a franchise that barely involved any cursing, let alone f-bombs.
In interviews, the old franchise and Dante were insulted.
Later in interviews, the fans were insulted.
Tameem Antoniades is a walking PR disaster.
Trying to pass the drop to 30 FPS as a good thing.
Making promises they broke fast enough (No Day 1 DLC. Cue pre-order DLC skins)
Shameless Virgil pre-order DLC which was in development before the demo hit (meaning that you can assume the game is done, this is the final product)
Dialogue is cringeworthy when it is obvious it tries to be cool. Yes the old games had terrible dialogue too but it was done for laughs. Here it just tries to be cool or pull "Ahnuld One Liners". And they fail. Oh gods how they fail. So much for "Hollywood levels of dialogue". Don't expect Tarentino levels of dialogue in this. Seriously, even in Tarentino films there is an f bomb somewhere but it doesn't feel forced, unlike the "glorious" exchange "F*** YOU!" "F*** YOU!" "F*** YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU *BLUAAAAARGH*!"

Demo Drops.

Demo is ridden with bugs and glitches.
Standard controls are a mess.
PS3 has gigantic framerate issues, more than Bayonetta did.
30 FPS is glaringly obvious to anyone who ever touched a fighting game or hack & slash.
Too easy, even on Son of Sparda. The controls are your biggest enemy here.
Awkward "stumble" at the end of combos prevents you from seamlessly comboing.
Guns are useless.
Demon Dodge is overpowered.
Style doesn't drop from inactivity.
Level completion. 3 deaths, D on time and damage taken but SSS on style ranks mission as SSS.
Parry is completely overpowered.
The "morphing city" is so scripted it isn't even funny. You can literally just stand and wait for the level to crush you (takes several minutes of waiting, seriously)
The "attack tells" of enemies are more blatant than in Arkham City and take at LEAST a second to charge. You can jog away from their attacks, no need to dodge. *I WISH I WERE KIDDING HERE*
Most enemies are unable to attack you in the air. Those that do are inaccurate and hardly do any damage.
Lack of lockon often means you attack/pull the wrong enemy. Nothing like pulling in a mook when you want the chainsaw guy. Happened at least 5 times to me -_-
And just because it deserves repeating, the standard controls are an absolute mess. They implemented an option to change them (but no demon/angel stance toggle, or the option for a lockon, GRAAAH!), so they likely knew it was handwreckingly terrible.

Long story short: It's Heavenly Sword 2 trying to pass itself off as DMC, but without the charm DMC has to offer.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#8laughingjoker07Posted 12/9/2012 2:34:40 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Ive been a fan of the DMC since day 1 on PS2. I remember leaving HS in a hurry to pick up my pre order copy and running home after. I was hooked ever since. Ive played every game on PS2, bought the HD collection, had the CE of DMC4 on 360 and when i sold my 360 bought the CE of DMC4 again for PS3, own the anime series and a Dante figure. I stated all of that to try and show how big a fan of the series iam, with that said why is there so much hate for DmC? Ive played the demo was surprised, in a good way, as i too was worried it would be crap but was acually really good to me. I always knew people hated change but come on. If series like DMC and Resident Evil hadnt changed they wouldve become stale, irrelevent and sold poorly. Also, for thos who dont know the original DMC team helped Ninja Theory with DmC so that it would retain the feel of a DMC game.

Well just two off the top of my head...

Better games coming out around the same time, and nothing good from the previous DMC's is returning, so what is the point of getting it?
#9ShadowZero007Posted 12/9/2012 2:48:54 AM(edited)
Just thought I'd throw a few things out. Mostly in reply to Strelok's post that I feel eschews a few things a bit.

By insulting fans they mean insinuating that Dante isn't cool. Which is his opinion so I don't see why he should get flack for that. He stated that the ott Japanese influence ("Too Japanesey") wasn't what he wanted for DmC. They may also mean a comment that insinuates that some hating on the game may actually like it; something entirely within the realm of possibility; so I don't see why that garners him negative attention. Keep in mind the opposite is true as well; someone who's been disappointed with the demo but wont admit it.

Personally; I've only encountered two bugs in the demo (And I've played through it several times) Once I made Dante disappear for a few seconds with the angel dodge (It was odd) and the other time Poison became unresponsive. As for frame rate drops; I have not myself had any. Btw any comparisons to Bayonetta PS3 are massive hyperbole. Bayo was awful on the PS3 >_> Loading for every sub-menu what the f-----

Moving on; The controls I feel aren't too bad at all. It feels (And yes I feel I'm probably the minority here) somewhat organic almost. It's a little weird to wrap your head around but once you do it flows well. Though that's not to say it controls perfectly. I mean holding down square to charge a shot whilst simultaneously holding L2 and pressing X in mid air to angel dash forward switching to R2 for arbiter coming down with it's mid air launcher using circle; followed up by charging drive then finally releasing the charge shot. The old DMC's had their misgivings though and I personally found style switching a little clunky on the d-pad (Though weapon switching is like that in this one so I should just get used to it)

Guns are far from useless. For juggling, staggering, canceling, laying down light damage, keeping you suspended, allowing you to keep an enemy a relative height in the air in order to execute a follow up. Their base damage of their standard fire has been reduced a decent degree, but useless; far from.

The Demon Dodge + Arbiter pause combo (Trinity Smash?) could definitely use a nerf.
The Style system did something similar in DMC4; It wouldnt decay up until you reached S I believe; then it began to drop as in DMC3. Though admittedly it's become even more forgiving in that none of the ranks expire. Meaning once you his SSS; you're there till you take a hit; no matter what you do. I feel the ranking system should be harder on death; I agree with Strelok there too.

Btw the city wont take SEVERAL minutes to kill you; It's not as fast as it could be, but I'd say 20 to 30 seconds of standing around is a more realistic statement. Aiming the camera toward the enemy you want to grab helps A LOT. I'm honestly pretty impressed by how well it can work. Doesn't mean it doesn't get wonky but this may be one of the best auto locks I've ever used.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#10SiLVeR_420Posted 12/9/2012 2:41:24 AM
darkness1018 posted...

Also, for thos who dont know the original DMC team helped Ninja Theory with DmC so that it would retain the feel of a DMC game.

I'm sorry...no they didn't.
The original DMC team has either left Capcom and are now part of Platinum or are busy with Dragons Dogma DLC and Dragons Dogma 2.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.