Any vids or even ideas on how to use da Devil Trigger efficiently?

#11ABadNuffDudePosted 12/10/2012 8:19:38 AM(edited)
I honestly never use the DT, it takes like a million years to charge up and I already have super cheap infinite air combos with osaris and rebellion lol. Hell I can even scoop up all the enemies around me and kill'em all at once with osaris anyway.

In the old games DT felt to me kind of like EX attacks in Street Fighter 3 or 4 in that it gave you extra attacks and/or longer combos which when used skillfully added alot to what you could do.

This DT feels more like a super bomb in a scrolling shooter or something... Just press it and air combo all the helpless losers to death lol. I'm pretty sure their plan is for the added depth to come from your ability to do more before the enemies hit the ground but yeah in DMC3 not only could you slow down enemies for an air massacre but you could do it WITH the added depth of DT's expanded move set and as far as slowdown as a special by itself goes Bayonetta did it better imo.

So yeah I'm hoping in the real game there's waaaaay more depth to it cause here I really have little use for it... well I did use it to refill my health when the camera went all spazzy on me one time during the Poison fight so I s'pose it's a good E-Tank if you need it.
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#12Capitan_KidPosted 12/10/2012 8:41:16 AM
Has anyone used the devil trigger on the boss? Curious what it does
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#13DaAzureGrimoirePosted 12/10/2012 8:44:57 AM
I think the Devil Trigger sucks cause the demo is early in the game.
When you got the devil trigger in DMC3 and 4, you only had it for a few seconds anyways and it was really for that temporary burst in strength.
It'll probably get better once you get to level it up and what not.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#14Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/10/2012 8:52:59 AM
and when you power it some more it extends the duration of use meaning the enemies are helpless for even longer, great idea NT!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#15SlaveBladePosted 12/10/2012 8:53:52 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
and when you power it some more it extends the duration of use meaning the enemies are helpless for even longer, great idea NT!

That actually is >_>
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#16m100t8sPosted 12/10/2012 9:20:46 AM
How I use DT. double jump (X,X) and then turn on the DT. Also pull yourself to the demons while they're in mid-air. Now you can use the DT to your advantage.

btw, You can upgrade the Devil Trigger in the full game so it can last much longer. Also you can upgrade Ebony and Ivory if anyone thinks they're kinda useless in the demo and wish they were as powerful as they were in DMC2, You can upgrade them in DmC :) , Hope this info makes people stop comparing the gun damages since they're upgradeable.

I think they nerfed the DT and E&I in DmC so they make the game much replayable by unlocking and upgrading stuff.
#17Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/10/2012 9:41:45 AM
m100t8s posted...
I think they nerfed the DT and E&I in DmC so they make the game much replayable by unlocking and upgrading stuff.

I agree, the enemies should at least have a chance to kill you while the DT is active like in the old games. Hell even when you used Bullet Time in Max Payne sure it slowed the enemies down but they could still attack so if you didn't have much health left and no painkillers you could still die if you didn't play smart.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#18Psychochild27Posted 12/10/2012 9:44:03 AM
Also you can upgrade Ebony and Ivory if anyone thinks they're kinda useless in the demo and wish they were as powerful as they were in DMC2, You can upgrade them in DmC

And you could upgrade their direct damage in DMC2/3 so I don't get quite what you're getting at. Unless the things get exponentially more powerful with each upgrade to a ridiculous degree beyond that of DMC3's E&I level 3, they're still rather bleh.

The start up animation and the enemy floating without feeling your hits really breaks the flow, though. So far the only creative way to use it was in one video where the player landed on a platform during a mid-air combo and used the DT to wail on him with normal ground combo strings.

I deleted the demo a few days ago, but maybe you could do some DMC4 Nero-style shenanigans like triggering the DT after doing the Arbiter's Demon Pull->Kick follow up in the air to kick the enemy, interrupt the knockback and be able to continue the combo? Depends on how cancelable Dante's moves are to his DT.
#19SlaveBladePosted 12/10/2012 10:19:43 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
m100t8s posted...

I agree, the enemies should at least have a chance to kill you while the DT is active like in the old games. Hell even when you used Bullet Time in Max Payne sure it slowed the enemies down but they could still attack so if you didn't have much health left and no painkillers you could still die if you didn't play smart.

Yes, they should be able to kill you easily in a move that is super limited and doesn't last very long. That screams fair.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#20GoldsicklePosted 12/10/2012 8:26:43 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Has anyone used the devil trigger on the boss? Curious what it does

When used against Poison, the DT will reveal an Angel Lift grip point on Poison's head, allowing you to quickly reel yourself to her weak point.

DT during bosses may reveal open up different opportunities.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".