to all you DT haters.....

#41RagirothPosted 12/12/2012 2:09:15 PM
It's cool, but it's just a shame that that Dante used to turn into a monster but now he just turns into his old self.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#42Pesmerga255Posted 12/12/2012 2:09:52 PM
Ragiroth posted...
It's cool, but it's just a shame that that Dante used to turn into a monster but now he just turns into his old self.

*a shadow of his old self.

He may have a similar colour palette, but he's still the same obnoxious teenager.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#43mahroflcopterPosted 12/12/2012 2:18:03 PM
kollie89 posted...
its like donte is going super sayian, are you all gonna hate on super sayian now because it makes you stronger and changes your hair and eye color....excatly like the DT changes dontes hair and eye color BOOM!

It's useless as a gameplay feature since Ninja Theory has no understanding of the word "gameplay balance". When they first started out, DT was overpowered. Now? It lasts about 5 seconds and the craps out. That's why I personally don't like it.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#44Malus_X6Posted 12/12/2012 2:25:36 PM
I'm sorry, but Super Saiyan is far too cool to even be used to describe... this.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#45Pesmerga255Posted 12/12/2012 2:28:45 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
kollie89 posted...
its like donte is going super sayian, are you all gonna hate on super sayian now because it makes you stronger and changes your hair and eye color....excatly like the DT changes dontes hair and eye color BOOM!

It's useless as a gameplay feature since Ninja Theory has no understanding of the word "gameplay balance". When they first started out, DT was overpowered. Now? It lasts about 5 seconds and the craps out. That's why I personally don't like it.

It's still overpowered against bosses. You can demolish Poison with a couple of hits in DT.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#46sillycatstevenPosted 12/12/2012 7:06:11 PM
kollie89 posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
kollie89 posted...

it's a game. you don't need logic for a game. XD

seriously tho, 1) Donte is not from a different planet 2) Donte doesn't have a tail 3) Donte didn't have his tail cut off 4) Sayian are not half breeds...etc.... there are more differences between sayian and Donte then the similarity between them. therefore, going super sayian is cool while the new from change is not. it's like just because you can wear the same clothes as Justin Beever and sing his songs, doesn't mean all his fan girls will suddenly go gaga over you as well...

1)not different planet, but still not human......
2)neither did any sayian when they turn into a super sayian......
3)well obviously he didnt because he never had one....
4)actually im pretty sure theres more(if not a equal amount) of sayian human half breed characters then there are full blood sayians in dragon ball
you seemed to confuse me comparing donte to the actual sayian race in general, which was not my point, my point was that this games DT and the original super sayian transformation share a few things in common astepheticly <--i know thats spelt wrong

1) ture, but you can't deny the fact that one is still a being of this plane/dimension, while the other is from a completely different dimension. and also as you said in (4), there are more half sayians with half human blood and they can transform as well. whereas Donte doesn't have human blood.
2) yes, but the original super sayian requires transforming into the giant monkeys first, which requires a tail.
3) true, but it's only because of the lack of tail that they were able to develop the technique to transform outside monkey mode. Donte didn't have to loose anything then redevelop a similar technique.
4) right... so what you're trying to say is that as long as they look the same, they can be compared and contrasted...

so by your logic, we can compare buffer fish with super sayian and Donte's DT.
1) buffer fish changes its appearance just like super sayian and DT. BOOM
2) buffer fish is not human.
note: because we are not living in a fantasy/game world, it is kind of difficult to have flaming aura or a field that suspends time and lift opponents in air....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#47marsh90Posted 12/12/2012 8:02:32 PM
The only DT that can be closely related to SSJ is the Super DT in DMC2. Thing fired Ceros.
#48SilentS89Posted 12/12/2012 9:13:31 PM
The Devil Trigger used to be cool. When Dante goes DT you know things got real. He turned into a freaking Devil.

Donte's devil trigger is just a "Haha, look, its Donte with white hair, in your face fanboys!".

Devil Trigger used to be more than a pallet swap.

DMC was better than this.
#49kollie89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:24:53 PM
sillycatsteven posted...
kollie89 posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
kollie89 posted...

it's a game. you don't need logic for a game. XD

seriously tho, 1) Donte is not from a different planet 2) Donte doesn't have a tail 3) Donte didn't have his tail cut off 4) Sayian are not half breeds...etc.... there are more differences between sayian and Donte then the similarity between them. therefore, going super sayian is cool while the new from change is not. it's like just because you can wear the same clothes as Justin Beever and sing his songs, doesn't mean all his fan girls will suddenly go gaga over you as well...

1)not different planet, but still not human......
2)neither did any sayian when they turn into a super sayian......
3)well obviously he didnt because he never had one....
4)actually im pretty sure theres more(if not a equal amount) of sayian human half breed characters then there are full blood sayians in dragon ball
you seemed to confuse me comparing donte to the actual sayian race in general, which was not my point, my point was that this games DT and the original super sayian transformation share a few things in common astepheticly <--i know thats spelt wrong

1) ture, but you can't deny the fact that one is still a being of this plane/dimension, while the other is from a completely different dimension. and also as you said in (4), there are more half sayians with half human blood and they can transform as well. whereas Donte doesn't have human blood.
2) yes, but the original super sayian requires transforming into the giant monkeys first, which requires a tail.
3) true, but it's only because of the lack of tail that they were able to develop the technique to transform outside monkey mode. Donte didn't have to loose anything then redevelop a similar technique.
4) right... so what you're trying to say is that as long as they look the same, they can be compared and contrasted...

so by your logic, we can compare buffer fish with super sayian and Donte's DT.
1) buffer fish changes its appearance just like super sayian and DT. BOOM
2) buffer fish is not human.
note: because we are not living in a fantasy/game world, it is kind of difficult to have flaming aura or a field that suspends time and lift opponents in air....

sayians have never needed to have a tail in any way for them to go super sayian, unless your talking about that one image vegeta has where its like a shadow of a giant monkey and a super sayian, because thats not in the manga and is just a filler scene.....so yeah
#50sillycatstevenPosted 12/12/2012 9:50:34 PM
kollie89 posted...

sayians have never needed to have a tail in any way for them to go super sayian, unless your talking about that one image vegeta has where its like a shadow of a giant monkey and a super sayian, because thats not in the manga and is just a filler scene.....so yeah

ture, but no-one had seen a real super sayian until Goku did it....
and if i remember correctly, according to sayian legends, it was alluded that the original super sayians have to first transform into the monkey. the image was not in manga, but the way he talked about it hints that. which is why they added that filler scene.

alr right, lets compromise. i'll admit going super sayian is similar to DT if you admit that buffer fish is similar to Donte.

however, i will not admit that just because they are similar, it does not mean that one being cool automatically qualify the other as cool as well. just because a male person tries to dress and act like Justin Timberlake, people who like Justin Timberlake will not automatically like that person or think he is cool. esp when he did a bad imitation. in fact, if that person tried to reinvent Justin's image like what NT did to Dante.....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.