to all you DT haters.....

#51kollie89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 4:54:45 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
kollie89 posted...

sayians have never needed to have a tail in any way for them to go super sayian, unless your talking about that one image vegeta has where its like a shadow of a giant monkey and a super sayian, because thats not in the manga and is just a filler scene.....so yeah

ture, but no-one had seen a real super sayian until Goku did it....
and if i remember correctly, according to sayian legends, it was alluded that the original super sayians have to first transform into the monkey. the image was not in manga, but the way he talked about it hints that. which is why they added that filler scene.

alr right, lets compromise. i'll admit going super sayian is similar to DT if you admit that buffer fish is similar to Donte.

however, i will not admit that just because they are similar, it does not mean that one being cool automatically qualify the other as cool as well. just because a male person tries to dress and act like Justin Timberlake, people who like Justin Timberlake will not automatically like that person or think he is cool. esp when he did a bad imitation. in fact, if that person tried to reinvent Justin's image like what NT did to Dante.....

well I never stated I think they are equal in levels of cool at all, I simplys stated that they share a few qualities and I didnt know why so many people hated on the DT while not hating on super sayain, but thats also been resloved at least 2 times on this post which makes sense now
#52ABadNuffDudePosted 12/13/2012 5:39:05 AM
SilentS89 posted...
The Devil Trigger used to be cool. When Dante goes DT you know things got real. He turned into a freaking Devil.

Donte's devil trigger is just a "Haha, look, its Donte with white hair, in your face fanboys!".

Devil Trigger used to be more than a pallet swap.

DMC was better than this.

This is another one of my problems with the new DT, logically (by logic I mean the logic within its world) how the hell does it work?

Like for example in the old series Dante was half human and demon so he pretty much retained his human appearance the majority of the time since I'd imagine it's easier to maintain or it might be dominate because his mother was human. If you go by Vergil then with significant training/Mundus intervention it's possible for them to maintain the demonic form.

But in the new series he looks human even though he's actually half angel and demon. Well I s'pose we could assume that maybe he looks human because angels do and his loss of wings (heh they actually could have given him Alucard in SotN but more angelic like wings in his air hike, and air dash... seems like a missed opportunity to me) may be due to him being a hybrid or something but going by how demons look in this series (ugly abominations) why would his demon form just look like a shiny human?

Even if we assume that maybe his DT form is his demon and angel forms mixed then if that's the case why is it called a Devil Trigger? And what is his "human" form in this case?

One other theory I have is that after Dante's hair goes all white (like Vergil) he will actually get a proper demon form. Though I'd assume it won't be useable in this game (maybe for the last boss only or something lame like that) but this is why I'm still sorta interested in videos of Vergil's Downfall, to see his DT.

Only problem with my theory is that in a picture of them as kids Vergil's hair is already white so unless he was waaaaaaayyy ahead of Dante this throws my theory out the window and honestly who wants to play a whole game with a "per-pubebescent DT" anyway lol.

Though If Vergil's DT ends up just being still shiny (shinier?) hair and zero-G imma be pissed...
---
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.
#53Malus_X6Posted 12/13/2012 2:21:09 PM(edited)
well I never stated I think they are equal in levels of cool at all, I simplys stated that they share a few qualities and I didnt know why so many people hated on the DT while not hating on super sayain, but thats also been resloved at least 2 times on this post which makes sense now

Really? You couldn't figure it out? Wow.

God, it's like that argument I had with one of my friends about who'd win in a fight between Goku and Alex Mercer.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#54StrelokPosted 12/13/2012 2:25:53 PM
Goku versus Mercer?
Seriously?

Uhh Goku fought TWO worldshattering "devourer" enemies, Cell and Buu.

Mercer isn't on the same level. At all. Yes he is powerful but Goku destroys city with an energyblast.
Mercer has to be careful of helicopters.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg