Anyone Forget About The Anime???

#1tairaa1991Posted 12/11/2012 9:44:19 PM
just rewatched it all yesterday...dante swore a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...why didnt anyone say anything about that....i see things abouyt the NEW dante swearing all the time...when he only did....like twice......3 times if you count him writing in the trailer....in teh anime...which is canon...dante swore like...every other 4 words
---
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991
#2KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/11/2012 9:46:40 PM
Do you mean the dub? Dubs usually add more swearing than the original had, or embellish the swears. I've seen one word translated as several different curses before.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#3fifinamboPosted 12/11/2012 9:47:46 PM
Anyone forget about these???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#4RichterB17Posted 12/11/2012 9:51:53 PM
tairaa1991 posted...
just rewatched it all yesterday...dante swore a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...why didnt anyone say anything about that....i see things abouyt the NEW dante swearing all the time...when he only did....like twice......3 times if you count him writing in the trailer....in teh anime...which is canon...dante swore like...every other 4 words

I don't remember him replacing what could have been witty banter to simply saying "f*** you*".
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#5EntropyZeroPosted 12/11/2012 9:53:04 PM
RichterB17 posted...
tairaa1991 posted...

I don't remember him replacing what could have been witty banter to simply saying "f*** you*".

Agreed. Theres a difference.
#6SlaveBladePosted 12/11/2012 9:57:20 PM
Dubs are still official, get over it fanboys.

Meanwhile, Dante did call the jailer a pudge ****.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#7LordMePosted 12/11/2012 9:57:35 PM
I never watched it...

But what I can tell you, is in Japanese they may be subtitled at "Damn" or "S**t" however, in japan they have one word for all of those things. So it is often subbed as a cuss word, Pokemon has "cussing" in the Japanese sub.

But they are not cuss words... Just a single word with the meaning of several of our swear words... And the translation team just leaves them as cussing...

While it is cannon, it might not be the most accurate translation, could have meant darn, dang, shoot... Any of those...

According to a friend of mine they don't have a way to say "F*** You" in Japan, "Zake Nayo" Which I most likely misspelled, is the rudest way to tell someone to leave you alone, but is not a cuss word...
#8rice_noodlesPosted 12/11/2012 10:01:52 PM
Unlike DmC, I don't think the DMC anime was trying to compete with the best that film and theatre has to offer.

Just saying.
#9tairaa1991(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:06:47 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Dubs are still official, get over it fanboys.

Meanwhile, Dante did call the jailer a pudge ****.

also said douchebag... S***, and numerous other curse words...doesnt matter...all the complaining ive seen...DANTE NEVER HAD TO SWEAR BEFORE...clearly he did....so stop using that as a reason to hate...he swears SOOOOO much in the series
---
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991
#10KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/11/2012 10:09:43 PM
Again, swearing is embellished in dubs because otherwise we'd have literally the same word over and over again.

Hell, I've seen TTGL's "Who the hell do you think I am" be translated in like 5 different ways, but it's always the same in Japanese.

In the original writing of it, he didn't use such extreme swearing, only mild swearing. When they dubbed it, they thought it'd be cooler if he did swear. There's a few reasons why some people don't like the anime and consider it noncanon (even though it is).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]