Anyone Forget About The Anime???

#11SlaveBladePosted 12/11/2012 11:17:35 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Again, swearing is embellished in dubs because otherwise we'd have literally the same word over and over again.

Hell, I've seen TTGL's "Who the hell do you think I am" be translated in like 5 different ways, but it's always the same in Japanese.

In the original writing of it, he didn't use such extreme swearing, only mild swearing. When they dubbed it, they thought it'd be cooler if he did swear. There's a few reasons why some people don't like the anime and consider it noncanon (even though it is).

Is it cool living in denial? How's the weather down there?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#12SwimmingToasterPosted 12/11/2012 11:21:08 PM
I remember some blonde loli, something about Tony Redgrave, and strawberry sundaes.

Yeah, it sucked, but it was at least pretty to look at.
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#13KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/11/2012 11:21:21 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Again, swearing is embellished in dubs because otherwise we'd have literally the same word over and over again.

Hell, I've seen TTGL's "Who the hell do you think I am" be translated in like 5 different ways, but it's always the same in Japanese.

In the original writing of it, he didn't use such extreme swearing, only mild swearing. When they dubbed it, they thought it'd be cooler if he did swear. There's a few reasons why some people don't like the anime and consider it noncanon (even though it is).

Argue it. Find the original writing, and show me how it translates directly to the things he says in the dub.

It happens a lot that dubs change things to be more intense in english.

chikusho is damn in japanese, but it gets translated to s***, f***, dammit, goddamn it, crap, darn, etc.

They translate it however they can to fit a scene, but that's only how they think it would fit the scene. Everything they translated it too could be something other than what was intended.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#14BillysanPosted 12/11/2012 11:24:01 PM
Whats the point of this.

Many fans didn't like the anime.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#15tairaa1991(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:24:36 PM
are the games in america NOT dubbed????? orrrr is the dialogue translated???? >.> fact of the matter is...ive seen NOBODY complain about the dub dialogue...everyone is jumping all over the reboot....so far...the anime....swears a LOTTTTTTTTT more lol.....in worse ways.....so...unless every single dmc script is written is english so that they swear and the japanese make it more friendly...then tell me....
---
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991
#16LordMePosted 12/11/2012 11:26:41 PM
tairaa1991 posted...
are the games in america NOT dubbed????? orrrr is the dialogue translated???? >.> fact of the matter is...ive seen NOBODY complain about the dub dialogue...everyone is jumping all over the reboot....so far...the anime....swears a LOTTTTTTTTT more lol.....in worse ways.....so...unless every single dmc script is written is english so that they swear and the japanese make it more friendly...then tell me....

1: The games don't have Japanese voice acting in them, just like Resident Evil, it is only in English.

2: I never complained because I never watched it, saw the first episode subbed and hated it. Though the swearing would fall unto Funimation more then Capcom.
#17SlaveBladePosted 12/11/2012 11:27:07 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Argue it. Find the original writing, and show me how it translates directly to the things he says in the dub.

chikusho is damn in japanese, but it gets translated to s***, f***, dammit, goddamn it, crap, darn, etc.

They translate it however they can to fit a scene, but that's only how they think it would fit the scene. Everything they translated it too could be something other than what was intended.

The point is

They shipped it like that, with Dante swearing a lot. It's dubbed like taht and it's Canon

so again I ask

How is it in Denial?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#18KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/11/2012 11:29:01 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

The point is

They shipped it like that, with Dante swearing a lot. It's dubbed like taht and it's Canon

so again I ask

How is it in Denial?

And it was disliked. The dub is disliked. So why would doing it in this game be okay?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#19SlaveBladePosted 12/11/2012 11:30:58 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

The point is

so again I ask

How is it in Denial?

And it was disliked. The dub is disliked. So why would doing it in this game be okay?

Because it's nowhere enar as bad as you guys let on. He's said **** you once that I can recall, I won't say he's never said it before/after that but he literally said only a minor fraction of what you all let on about. Truth be told it's getting stupid.
---
#20KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/11/2012 11:33:19 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Because it's nowhere enar as bad as you guys let on. He's said **** you once that I can recall, I won't say he's never said it before/after that but he literally said only a minor fraction of what you all let on about. Truth be told it's getting stupid.

I agree, swearing is a silly thing to argue. The original post though was implying that we were okay with cursing in the DMC anime, but hate it here just because it's DmC. But we hated it in the DMC anime as well, so that idea is moot. Dante cursing like that in general is disliked, regardless of the old or new series.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]