Anyone Forget About The Anime???

#101KaijinSurohmPosted 12/12/2012 9:59:28 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Youre arguments are crap man. They gave him the catchphrase believe it because it was their way of translating that silly dattebayo he says in almost every sentence. They got rid of it in english because its annoying. Listen to the jap version and he still says datebayyo all the time

Got rid of it in english, huh? That explains when I STILL hear it, whenever I walk by my co-worker when he's watching it.

But hey, actually puting detail down, and explaining is obviously overrated, since all you can do is just target one thing I say at a time.

Let me guess, your next post will just be specifically about the fact I mentioned final fantasy?

Try again. You have yet to say something halfway decent.
#102Capitan_KidPosted 12/12/2012 10:04:00 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
Youre arguments are crap man. They gave him the catchphrase believe it because it was their way of translating that silly dattebayo he says in almost every sentence. They got rid of it in english because its annoying. Listen to the jap version and he still says datebayyo all the time

Got rid of it in english, huh? That explains when I STILL hear it, whenever I walk by my co-worker when he's watching it.

But hey, actually puting detail down, and explaining is obviously overrated, since all you can do is just target one thing I say at a time.

Let me guess, your next post will just be specifically about the fact I mentioned final fantasy?

Do you know what episodw he was watching? Do you even know anything about the show? They really dont use believe it anymore. Youre anectdotal evidence smells like BS.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#103StrelokPosted 12/12/2012 10:04:19 AM
"I AM COMING FOR YOU! WAAA! HUWAAAAAA! WAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! CRY SOME MOOOOORE!"

Going back to TF2 now.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#104KaijinSurohmPosted 12/12/2012 10:13:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#105KaijinSurohmPosted 12/12/2012 10:15:12 AM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Do you know what episodw he was watching? Do you even know anything about the show? They really dont use believe it anymore. Youre anectdotal evidence smells like BS.

/sigh

His sage mode was running out when he was fighting Pain in the suppuden series. It was the around episode that he finally figured out how to fully control the fox form, right when he basically strikes a deal with the fox, and I elaborate that I'm summerizing: "Lets face it. We're going to due without your help, and your dead without me. Time to cooperate"

Yes, I know about the series, so don't bother with trying to pull "I doubt you ever..." card. it's stupid and makes you look like the "Weeabo".

Geeze, watching that failure of an anime, and trying to call me a weeabo. Hypocrisy to a whole new level.
#106ZeroX91Posted 12/12/2012 10:31:57 AM
Strelok posted...
"I AM COMING FOR YOU! WAAA! HUWAAAAAA! WAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! CRY SOME MOOOOORE!"

Going back to TF2 now.

TF2... Pointy Sticks?
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#107NaichingeruPosted 12/12/2012 2:57:18 PM
RichterB17 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Because it's nowhere enar as bad as you guys let on. He's said **** you once that I can recall, I won't say he's never said it before/after that but he literally said only a minor fraction of what you all let on about. Truth be told it's getting stupid.

Three times: The F you exchange with Succubus, The public enemy trailer when he flipped the audience the bird, and when he wrote it on paper as his name. Also like Kame has been saying, just like how people dislike this game people did not like the anime as well. Also it's not the original dialogue. Watch it in Japanese and he doesn't swear as much.

By that - frankly terrible - logic, Nero also swears in DMC4.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#108SolidHaseoPosted 12/12/2012 3:34:45 PM
Translation is hard, they try to add lines that mimics the mouth's movement, for example Believe it and Dattebayo, I think dattebayo has no literal meaning thus they made a comparable catchphrase (reason 1 of my pure hatred of dubs) 2nd one being butchering of names(like emphasazing a different syllable), this also goes hand in hand with NAME changes, ie. Hitomi to Lauren. Anyway, I don't mind the cursing so far from what I've seen, if he says "F you" more than 100 times in whole game, it's a different story. As for the actual cursing in dubs, it's because one word has different meanings but the actual context is defined by how it's written(katakana, hiragana, kanji etc). I just hope they don't make anymore ugly enemies, I cannot call Poison a succubus cause that's simply NOT how a succubus is.
---
Awaiting:MGR, DmC, AR, DS3, GOWA
Playing: DMC4, IF2, AC3, RE6, ME3, H4
#109Snipa_Wulf12Posted 12/12/2012 3:56:57 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
KaijinSurohm posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

/sigh

His sage mode was running out when he was fighting Pain in the suppuden series. It was the around episode that he finally figured out how to fully control the fox form, right when he basically strikes a deal with the fox, and I elaborate that I'm summerizing: "Lets face it. We're going to due without your help, and your dead without me. Time to cooperate"

Yes, I know about the series, so don't bother with trying to pull "I doubt you ever..." card. it's stupid and makes you look like the "Weeabo".

Geeze, watching that failure of an anime, and trying to call me a weeabo. Hypocrisy to a whole new level.

You are a weeabo. You've made that pretty obvious with your previous posts in just this topic. Watching anime doesn't make you a weeabo; taking everything as seriously and in as much detail as you while vehemently spitting hate for "dubs" and anything that harms the "perfect" original Japanese version makes you a weeabo.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
You wanna know my mod history? I was supposed to be level 32 a month and a half ago. I regret nothing.
#110StrelokPosted 12/12/2012 4:34:08 PM
^
Does not know what "weaabo" is
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg