So the bosses...

#1KyryloPosted 12/15/2012 1:37:33 AM
Let's talk about them...
We know there are 6 Bosses so far:
Mundus, Vergil, Hunter, Killer Face, Bob and Succubus.
I hope there would be more, because if not....well, that's pretty lame. Let me explain, why,
Hunter - training boss, mans he poses no threat
Succubus - easy boss, like we saw for ourselves
Bob - hilariously easy boss, I wonder, how I manage to die on him. Even a newcomer managed to beat crap of him in 5 minutes in demo.
That lefts us with Mundus, Vergil and Mundus' Offspring. Mundus and Vergil counts off, since it's the end of the game bosses.....Sooo, it means we have only one dark horse boss that MAY be hard.
Other than that: 6 bosses? It's only 1 + towards first game.....
#2W3lkinPosted 12/15/2012 3:00:15 AM
Technically no, because the first game is one of the only games who did the repeat fights perfectly.

Every Griffon fight is pretty much a different boss fight due to the completely different behaviour (Stays usually in the air bombing you in the first, harass you with the damned red bird and sometimes stays on the ground in the second, fights on the ground with a billion of new attacks in the third)
Same goes for Nelo Angelo 3 compared to 1 and 2, and Nightmare 3 compared to 1 and 2.
The three Mundus fights are also completely different from each other and pretty much count as different fights.

That's one thing DMC has done WAAAAAAAY better than 4 where the fights are the same every time.

As far as we know the reboot does not have repeat fights, so that's something the first did way better, especially since the boss in the reboot shown so far are nothing short of disappointing.
#3StrelokPosted 12/15/2012 3:02:27 AM
Poison.
SoS
Did not even get below 3/4th health.
Did not bother to dodge.

Says enough on the "difficulty" of bosses IMO -_-
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#4BillysanPosted 12/15/2012 3:09:52 AM
W3lkin posted...

That's one thing DMC has done WAAAAAAAY better than 4 where the fights are the same every time.

Yeah but in DMC4 the 2nd fight is with a completely different character so that is something.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#5W3lkinPosted 12/15/2012 3:21:10 AM
Billysan posted...
W3lkin posted...

Yeah but in DMC4 the 2nd fight is with a completely different character so that is something.

I guess that's something, still the variation of behaviour in the first DMC is something extremely unique, it's a real shame it didn't become a staple of the genre as a whole. The only other bosses that do that are Jeanne in Bayo and maybe Genshin in NG2. DMC had 4 bosses in a single game which had a pretty huge progression, the only one who stayed pretty much the same bar one attack is Phantom.
#6BillysanPosted 12/15/2012 3:26:36 AM
W3lkin posted...
Billysan posted...
W3lkin posted...

I guess that's something, still the variation of behaviour in the first DMC is something extremely unique, it's a real shame it didn't become a staple of the genre as a whole. The only other bosses that do that are Jeanne in Bayo and maybe Genshin in NG2. DMC had 4 bosses in a single game which had a pretty huge progression, the only one who stayed pretty much the same bar one attack is Phantom.

On the other hand the others had a larger amount of different bosses. In the end it balances out, well at least has far has DMC3 goes.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#7XDecimoXPosted 12/15/2012 4:03:55 AM
Strelok posted...
Poison.
SoS
Did not even get below 3/4th health.
Did not bother to dodge.

Says enough on the "difficulty" of bosses IMO -_-

Dude, on her last phase, demon dodge and DT. You will wipe out an entire life bar with just two Arbiter hits. Not even joking.
---
PSN - NeroTheDB
#8Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 4:10:47 AM
W3lkin posted...
Technically no, because the first game is one of the only games who did the repeat fights perfectly.

Every Griffon fight is pretty much a different boss fight due to the completely different behaviour (Stays usually in the air bombing you in the first, harass you with the damned red bird and sometimes stays on the ground in the second, fights on the ground with a billion of new attacks in the third)
Same goes for Nelo Angelo 3 compared to 1 and 2, and Nightmare 3 compared to 1 and 2.
The three Mundus fights are also completely different from each other and pretty much count as different fights.

As far as we know the reboot does not have repeat fights, so that's something the first did way better, especially since the boss in the reboot shown so far are nothing short of disappointing.

Even with repeating bosses, DMC4 had more bosses, than dmc. Let's look: Echidna, Belial and Dagon, than Angel Credo, Agnus, Angel Agnus, Sanctus, Demon Sanctus and Saviour - total 9 bosses. Even with repeats. And if you count separate stages from first one - Mundus had 3 of them.
#9StrelokPosted 12/15/2012 6:16:20 AM
I know.
I simply didn't bother.
It's not like Poison doesn't take a load of damage from your normal attacks to begin with. Seriously, those 3 healthbars are barely 1 healthbar with a normal DMC boss :s
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#10W3lkinPosted 12/15/2012 7:52:54 AM
Kyrylo posted...
W3lkin posted...

Even with repeating bosses, DMC4 had more bosses, than dmc. Let's look: Echidna, Belial and Dagon, than Angel Credo, Agnus, Angel Agnus, Sanctus, Demon Sanctus and Saviour - total 9 bosses. Even with repeats. And if you count separate stages from first one - Mundus had 3 of them.

I was talking about how the reboot does not have more bosses than the original DMC as far as we know, i wasn't talking about DMC4.

Plus to be honest Agnus wasn't exactly a boss fight, since you pretty much fight those sword things the whole time.