Why do people really "hate" this Dante?

#1Shopaholic163Posted 12/16/2012 7:39:13 PM
As someone who has no prior knowledge of the devil may cry series, and who had absolutely no interest in the game whatsoever up until I tried the new demo, I'm really just curious: what is it about this Dante that is so horrid?

Is it just the... hair? Because that's a bit trivial, don't you think?

Is it the new attitude? Apparently -- from the very little I skimmed here -- he's much more juvenile now?

Is it just the fact that this is a reboot and people are scared of change?

Or is it just sheep mentality, in that people are banding together to hate on an unreleased game just because they can?
---
Anticipating: Tomb Raider
#2m100t8sPosted 12/16/2012 7:42:46 PM
HE LOOKS SO EMO
HE IS TRYING TOO HARD TO BE COOL
HE IS A DANTE WANNA BE
HE lS DANTE IN NAME ONLY
HE SWEAR SO MUCH
HIS HAIR IS BLACK
HIS COAT IS BLACK
HE IS SO EDGY
#3Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/16/2012 7:45:32 PM
How I see it:

Dante DMC 1-4 Your standard anime d-bag

Dante DmC Your standard emo, american d-bag

Pick your poison.

They both suck...I don't get whats to fight over, He's an awful character.

With that said, The only cool character in Devil May Cry was Vergil...In the first game he didn't speak and in the third one he was a boss.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#4Japanese_JadePosted 12/16/2012 7:52:21 PM
Shopaholic163 posted...
As someone who has no prior knowledge of the devil may cry series, and who had absolutely no interest in the game whatsoever up until I tried the new demo, I'm really just curious: what is it about this Dante that is so horrid?

Is it the new attitude? Apparently -- from the very little I skimmed here -- he's much more juvenile now?

Or is it just sheep mentality, in that people are banding together to hate on an unreleased game just because they can?

New Dante is a punk. Normally, people despise punks because punks always have a bad attitude and uncivilized manners. To top it off, a punk is replacing an original character that lasted 10 years.

And now you know why white hair being replaced by black is bad.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#5FireMage7777Posted 12/16/2012 7:56:17 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
How I see it:

Dante DMC 1-4 Your standard anime d-bag

Dante DmC Your standard emo, american d-bag

Pick your poison.

They both suck...I don't get whats to fight over, He's an awful character.

With that said, The only cool character in Devil May Cry was Vergil...In the first game he didn't speak and in the third one he was a boss.

I just...smh
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#6Vault_ZeroPosted 12/16/2012 7:59:08 PM
Shopaholic163 posted...

Try using the search bar. Really. This has been addressed so many times it is sickening.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#7Project5BossPosted 12/16/2012 8:03:18 PM

A lot of things.

It's not just the hair, it is his face and the way he dresses. He's a sloppy mess, he looks like filth.

He reminds me of that guy in any social environment who's always trying to come off as a hard ass. He's a try hard, wannabe, he never feels natural.

1) No one asked for a reboot.
2) Change for the sake of change isn't good.
3) The change sucks.
4) Don't try to justify Capcom's greed when DMC4 sold more than any DMC. This reboot has no right existing.

Couldn't the same be said for people loving an unreleased game because they can?
#8RayconPosted 12/16/2012 8:04:46 PM
Shopaholic163 posted...

Just a word of advice, try not to trivialize the criticisms of this Donte down to "just the hair." Every reviewer/journalist has tried it as an attempt to marginalize otherwise legitimate complaints and all it does is put words in our mouths and rile fans up.

I know you're not looking to stir up trouble, but the way you worded your post comes off as very provocative to long-time fans of the series who have real problems with the direction of this game.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#9rice_noodlesPosted 12/16/2012 8:07:36 PM
Oh it's one of those threads again.
#10m100t8sPosted 12/16/2012 8:11:44 PM
rice_noodles posted...
Oh it's one of those threads again.

Why you so butthurted?
Whenever someone bring up the hair? And he was just askin.