Why do people really "hate" this Dante?

#101DethaPosted 12/17/2012 1:45:23 AM
SFXMM is out. Go'n'geddit.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#102darkness1018Posted 12/17/2012 2:25:30 AM
Raycon posted...
Shopaholic163 posted...

Is it just the... hair? Because that's a bit trivial, don't you think?

Just a word of advice, try not to trivialize the criticisms of this Donte down to "just the hair." Every reviewer/journalist has tried it as an attempt to marginalize otherwise legitimate complaints and all it does is put words in our mouths and rile fans up.

I know you're not looking to stir up trouble, but the way you worded your post comes off as very provocative to long-time fans of the series who have real problems with the direction of this game.

Im a long term DMC fan since day 1 on PS2 and have NO problem with the new DmC. Looking forward to this new take on Dante.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
#103darkness1018Posted 12/17/2012 2:30:50 AM
MarquisRyiz posted...
Most of these so called "fans" who hate the new Dante are full of ****. From day 1 release of the first trailer a couple years ago there has been nearly nothing up hate and it's was all steaming from:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

As much as the fans try to argue differently now, bottom line is: "They change it now it sucks" period. As Capcom release new information about this new Dante and and over the last few years and being attacking they're trying to pull as much crap out their butts to justify their argument. While some "now" have a valid arguement i.e his personality, it all goes back to nostalgia. They can argue it as much as they like but honestly If the rolls were changed In the old Dante was to become the new they'd be having a fit just as they are now.

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....

Wow, someone that "gets it". Ive been a DMC fan since day 1 on PS2 and have no prob with the new design or direction of the new DmC and its prob cause i dont have my nostalgia glassess on. Im as big a DMC as youll find and after playing the demo i think the game is good, i even preordered it and paid it off. But you are right, gamers hate any kind of change to a long standing series and sometimes things NEED to change or they go stale.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
#104geneocidePosted 12/17/2012 2:34:36 AM
darkness1018 posted...
MarquisRyiz posted...
Most of these so called "fans" who hate the new Dante are full of ****. From day 1 release of the first trailer a couple years ago there has been nearly nothing up hate and it's was all steaming from:

As much as the fans try to argue differently now, bottom line is: "They change it now it sucks" period. As Capcom release new information about this new Dante and and over the last few years and being attacking they're trying to pull as much crap out their butts to justify their argument. While some "now" have a valid arguement i.e his personality, it all goes back to nostalgia. They can argue it as much as they like but honestly If the rolls were changed In the old Dante was to become the new they'd be having a fit just as they are now.

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....

Wow, someone that "gets it". Ive been a DMC fan since day 1 on PS2 and have no prob with the new design or direction of the new DmC and its prob cause i dont have my nostalgia glassess on. Im as big a DMC as youll find and after playing the demo i think the game is good, i even preordered it and paid it off. But you are right, gamers hate any kind of change to a long standing series and sometimes things NEED to change or they go stale.

And I only got into DMC within the last 3 or so years! I am a fan of the older series and hate where its going. But I cant actually be using the Nostalgia googles as I am still rather new to the series. Your point? Honestly, the gameplay fails here.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#105ikkicutePosted 12/17/2012 2:47:51 AM
This Dante,

Looks emo,
Can carry multiple weapons unlike past DMC which makes him hate-able
emo plus ugly graphics means more hate
Well trying to be cool by swearing more. . .

Still i will get this game, since i am a fan.
#106mad_hax_manPosted 12/17/2012 2:51:18 AM
darkness1018 posted...
MarquisRyiz posted...

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....

Yeah, you're right. Franchises need to change.

Which is why Iron Man 3 is going to fail. They need to turn Tony Stark into an angry farmer fighting off teenagers making out on his property. Jackson should scap the next two Hobbit movies in favour for a movie about a lesbian called Bilbo entering an eating competition
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#107Casual_OrangePosted 12/17/2012 3:00:58 AM
Isn't this game set in the original Dantes earlier days, making him more original than the original ?
---
PSN ID: Baby_Chocobo
Alternative PSN ID: Casual_Orange
#108BluePuniGodPosted 12/17/2012 3:10:22 AM
I didn't know the new version was so disliked. I thought he was pretty attractive.
#109Ether101Posted 12/17/2012 3:40:09 AM
antking61 posted...
MarquisRyiz posted...

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....

Let's make Link like Kratos and see if you still feel the hatred is "full of s***".

Turn him into a useless *****, they already did that.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#110SeraphinEvelesPosted 12/17/2012 4:30:09 AM
i'll be trivial, it's teh hair. i just dont think it suits him.
---
Currently Playing - - Well, Just Check My Backloggery:
http://www.backloggery.com/seraphin_eveles