Why do people really "hate" this Dante?

#41ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/16/2012 8:43:21 PM(edited)
But some consumers are dumb these days. With enough dubstep and flashy jump cut scenes not relative to the speed of the gameplay, it's not hard "to sell" it to someone who likes these particular things.

It's a shame a lot of folks just don't care about the aesthetics of a game and would just dive right in since the demo already tested the water mentally showing of nothing more than a "ok / mediocre" western hack and slash game.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#42Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 8:41:46 PM
I really can't wait until this game bombs. I hope Capcom bury Dino forever after this and don't try and shoehorn him into crossover games.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#43Project5BossPosted 12/16/2012 8:42:05 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I'm exactly smarter than the average consumer, Boss. Probably the ONLY reason I brought Resi 6 is I thought Capcom would become a slight bit redeemable with this product, I went in expecting it to be a action shooter, that's what I received, only it wasn't what the series was always known for which I figured since the last iteration.

DmC on the other hand just spits in your mouth, and hopes that you swallow it with your hard earned cash especially if all those years of bad PR is still fresh on the mind. I for one will not purchase this new iteration for a number of different reasons, how the combat is slow, the dull listless banter of the characters, the unappealing set pieces and the try hard attitude of the new Dante coming off as juvenile (which I really don't relate too even as a angsty teen) It's up to the consumer to vote with their wallets as well, and I know if you don't like it you shouldn't buy it. The people on the fence who don't want to buy it but likes something about it ends up backpedaling with their money tossed at Capcom. I on the other hand won't even think of premise. They won't get a dime from me on this product.

Agreed.

I liked old Dante because as a 15 yr old I thought he was cool. Like any number of cliche action heroes from the 90s. The way his face, clothes looked, the way his attacks looked screamed of polish, style and attitude. I liked that Vergil was just like Dante but in a more stoic, calm manner. He doesn't speak that much but he's still a natural show off.

Dino stumbles when he swings his sword, his hand to hand looks like a drunk urban type in a bar brawl. There's nothing about him I like, there's nothing about him I want to be, there's certainly nothing I relate to.
#44Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 8:43:21 PM
Project5Boss posted...
I'm exactly smarter than the average consumer, Boss. Probably the ONLY reason I brought Resi 6 is I thought Capcom would become a slight bit redeemable with this product, I went in expecting it to be a action shooter, that's what I received, only it wasn't what the series was always known for which I figured since the last iteration.

DmC on the other hand just spits in your mouth, and hopes that you swallow it with your hard earned cash especially if all those years of bad PR is still fresh on the mind. I for one will not purchase this new iteration for a number of different reasons, how the combat is slow, the dull listless banter of the characters, the unappealing set pieces and the try hard attitude of the new Dante coming off as juvenile (which I really don't relate too even as a angsty teen) It's up to the consumer to vote with their wallets as well, and I know if you don't like it you shouldn't buy it. The people on the fence who don't want to buy it but likes something about it ends up backpedaling with their money tossed at Capcom. I on the other hand won't even think of premise. They won't get a dime from me on this product.

Agreed.

I liked old Dante because as a 15 yr old I thought he was cool. Like any number of cliche action heroes from the 90s. The way his face, clothes looked, the way his attacks looked screamed of polish, style and attitude. I liked that Vergil was just like Dante but in a more stoic, calm manner. He doesn't speak that much but he's still a natural show off.

Dino stumbles when he swings his sword, his hand to hand looks like a drunk urban type in a bar brawl. There's nothing about him I like, there's nothing about him I want to be, there's certainly nothing I relate to.

Are you sure there's nothing to relate to? I can certainly relate to him sleeping with a couple of bar skanks in his grubby trailer on a pier. It happens to me all the time.
---
#45ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/16/2012 8:44:36 PM
^ If you like having STDs then yes, new Dante is your type of character architecture that you can relate too.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#46Project5BossPosted 12/16/2012 8:45:44 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Project5Boss posted...

Agreed.

Are you sure there's nothing to relate to? I can certainly relate to him sleeping with a couple of bar skanks in his grubby trailer on a pier. It happens to me all the time.

I don't drink nor smoke or go to bars. If I ended up boinking a girl who happened to be a bar skank I probably wouldn't know.
#47Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 8:46:14 PM
I've also punched out a lot of bouncers in my time. It's so ****ing epic!
---
#48ZeroX91Posted 12/16/2012 8:47:18 PM
Angsty teens are juvenile (I speak from experience.) naive idealism, thinking that they alone see the flaws in the system, thinking they can change anything on there own. Then the real world drops you on your ass, you see the system is to broke to be fixed, and you become bitter and jaded. (In most cases, there will always be those few that manage to have a small victory, but in the grand scheme it changes virtually nothing.)

*depressing rant over.* lol
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#49antking61Posted 12/16/2012 8:48:15 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I've also punched out a lot of bouncers in my time. It's so ****ing epic!

An Usher. Not a bouncer.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#50Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 8:48:24 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Angsty teens are juvenile (I speak from experience.) naive idealism, thinking that they alone see the flaws in the system, thinking they can change anything on there own. Then the real world drops you on your ass, you see the system is to broke to be fixed, and you become bitter and jaded. (In most cases, there will always be those few that manage to have a small victory, but in the grand scheme it changes virtually nothing.)

*depressing rant over.* lol

Dino is going to change everything and fix the system because he's a nephilim. Nephilim are the only things that can kill a demon king. They exist now.
---