Why do people really "hate" this Dante?

#51Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 9:48:41 PM
antking61 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I've also punched out a lot of bouncers in my time. It's so ****ing epic!

An Usher. Not a bouncer.

6 of 1...etc.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#52Project5BossPosted 12/16/2012 9:53:13 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Angsty teens are juvenile (I speak from experience.) naive idealism, thinking that they alone see the flaws in the system, thinking they can change anything on there own. Then the real world drops you on your ass, you see the system is to broke to be fixed, and you become bitter and jaded. (In most cases, there will always be those few that manage to have a small victory, but in the grand scheme it changes virtually nothing.)

*depressing rant over.* lol

Agreed.

Pesmerga255 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
Angsty teens are juvenile (I speak from experience.) naive idealism, thinking that they alone see the flaws in the system, thinking they can change anything on there own. Then the real world drops you on your ass, you see the system is to broke to be fixed, and you become bitter and jaded. (In most cases, there will always be those few that manage to have a small victory, but in the grand scheme it changes virtually nothing.)

Dino is going to change everything and fix the system because he's a nephilim. Nephilim are the only things that can kill a demon king. They exist now.

ROFL. I love it when you do this.
#53ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/16/2012 10:00:38 PM(edited)

I see what you're saying.
I just still don't relate to this guy.
It's a video I seen where they talk about pandering to the demographic who liked the old Dante by making new Dante more of a wiseass on top of the new persona. With this angsty teen premise and horribad Scwartznegger inducing one liners coming out of his mouth at the same time, it just doesn't appear "angsty" in my eyes, at least not yet, all I know is Dante hates limbo with a passion and just refers to demons as "scum" so the resentment is there for sure.

However sometimes this personality just seems badly put together with these two big meshing characteristics and comes off more as the slaphappy pr*ck personality who got his face punched in at high school and mulled over why it happened when he goes telling it to his mommy, wanting to kick someone in the balls the next day during class than anything else.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#54RayconPosted 12/16/2012 9:59:00 PM
Project5Boss posted...

Pesmerga255 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

Dino is going to change everything and fix the system because he's a nephilim. Nephilim are the only things that can kill a demon king. They exist now.

ROFL. I love it when you do this.

XD
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#55ZeroX91Posted 12/16/2012 9:59:05 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I see what you're saying.
I just still don't relate to this guy.
It's a video I seen where they talk about pandering to the demographic who liked the old Dante by making new Dante more of a wiseass on top of the new persona. With this angsty teen premise and Scwartznegger inducing one liners coming out of his mouth at the same time, it just doesn't appear "angsty" in my eyes. It comes off more as the slaphappy pr*ck personality who got his face punched in at high school and mulled over why it happened when he goes telling it to his mommy than anything else.

I get what you mean, just a pent up rant leaking out. lol
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypl2VWvjdn4&NR=1
#56RichterB17Posted 12/16/2012 10:01:27 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

LOL
---
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane
#57ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/16/2012 10:02:15 PM

At least it's a sensible rant and it's not as bad as anything the user "shatterstar" says. . . I lurked these boards for a while and after seeing posts like his...x.x

"Oh boy..."
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#58Project5BossPosted 12/16/2012 10:03:13 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

At least it's a sensible rant and it's not as bad as anything the user "shatterstar" says. . . I lurked these boards for a while and after seeing posts like his...x.x

"Oh boy..."

You shouldn't get taken in by the things derpstar and lolerblade have to say.
#59Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 10:05:42 PM
This thread needs help from The Order's new weapon. He's coming for you.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#60JackJunk8Posted 12/16/2012 10:16:07 PM
Shopaholic163 posted...
As someone who has no prior knowledge of the devil may cry series, and who had absolutely no interest in the game whatsoever up until I tried the new demo, I'm really just curious: what is it about this Dante that is so horrid?

Is it just the... hair? Because that's a bit trivial, don't you think?

Is it the new attitude? Apparently -- from the very little I skimmed here -- he's much more juvenile now?

Is it just the fact that this is a reboot and people are scared of change?

Or is it just sheep mentality, in that people are banding together to hate on an unreleased game just because they can?

this is a perfect example of most people in the gaming world today, he no idea what devil may cry is, no pre conceived notions or bias, just an honest to god new person to this series. Stop living in the past fanboys and admit you are a small minority in a bigger picture.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.