Why do people really "hate" this Dante?

#91fifinamboPosted 12/16/2012 11:37:41 PM
antking61 posted...
Detha posted...
If DMC3 came out today, it would be lucky to get a 3.

Don't get me started on what the original would get.

You're not too bright at all.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/devil-may-cry-hd-collection

Don't respond. Obvious troll is obvious.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#92DethaPosted 12/16/2012 11:39:23 PM
If DMC2 were released today, it would be lucky to get a 2.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#93KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/16/2012 11:42:45 PM
Detha posted...

You're being too generous.

And I get it. You're just giving the number of the game. DMC4 is 4, DMC3 is 3, DMC2 is 2, DMC1 is 1.

I caught it right away.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#94Pesmerga255Posted 12/16/2012 11:43:13 PM
Detha posted...

This I can get behind.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#95acrylick42Posted 12/17/2012 12:07:14 AM
I don't even like the franchise, played DMC 2 maybe once, and I still think the new Dante is a punk dbag. How would you feel if they totally redesigned Link and gave him a punk attitude where he went around yelling "F*ck you." to all the bosses? I can't imagine how mad real DMC fans are with their new character design.
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#96MarquisRyizPosted 12/17/2012 12:15:55 AM
Most of these so called "fans" who hate the new Dante are full of ****. From day 1 release of the first trailer a couple years ago there has been nearly nothing up hate and it's was all steaming from:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

As much as the fans try to argue differently now, bottom line is: "They change it now it sucks" period. As Capcom release new information about this new Dante and and over the last few years and being attacking they're trying to pull as much crap out their butts to justify their argument. While some "now" have a valid arguement i.e his personality, it all goes back to nostalgia. They can argue it as much as they like but honestly If the rolls were changed In the old Dante was to become the new they'd be having a fit just as they are now.

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....
#97Pesmerga255Posted 12/17/2012 12:16:49 AM
Watch out guys, we have a badass over here.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#98antking61Posted 12/17/2012 12:22:51 AM
MarquisRyiz posted...
Most of these so called "fans" who hate the new Dante are full of ****. From day 1 release of the first trailer a couple years ago there has been nearly nothing up hate and it's was all steaming from:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

As much as the fans try to argue differently now, bottom line is: "They change it now it sucks" period. As Capcom release new information about this new Dante and and over the last few years and being attacking they're trying to pull as much crap out their butts to justify their argument. While some "now" have a valid arguement i.e his personality, it all goes back to nostalgia. They can argue it as much as they like but honestly If the rolls were changed In the old Dante was to become the new they'd be having a fit just as they are now.

1. Nostalgia
2. Nostalgia
3. Nostalgia
4. New Look
5. Personality

Seriously.....

Let's make Link like Kratos and see if you still feel the hatred is "full of s***".
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#99odcrl001Posted 12/17/2012 12:41:04 AM
He's emo
---
GT: GalahadHK
#100AhrimanTheStillPosted 12/17/2012 12:42:09 AM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
How I see it:

Dante DMC 1-4 Your standard anime d-bag

Dante DmC Your standard emo, american d-bag

Pick your poison.

They both suck...I don't get whats to fight over, He's an awful character.

With that said, The only cool character in Devil May Cry was Vergil...In the first game he didn't speak and in the third one he was a boss.

And the award for the biggest hypocrite goes to!!!!

Seriously you're a hypocrite. Vergil is a even bigger anime d-bag then Dante in DMC3 could have ever amounted to. He was literally a more intelligent Vegeta who didn't suck. He was the typical anime d-bag rival.

I also don't think you understand character design at all. Because DMC4 Dante was the furthest thing from a anime d-bag. He was likable as **** he was wise , secretly guided Nero, and still remained stylish.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs