First time I consider a DMC.

#11pyro_buntaPosted 12/16/2012 11:28:18 PM
G_gglypuff posted...
Where did you see that?

Try to make sense of the first reply I got and it will be clear.

Most of the people don't like this game for a lot of reasons, the crappy protagonist being one of them. There's like a million topics where we post what we don't like. Pick one.

Frankly, I think you guys should just admit you don't like the new guy. I only came to this board today, and this is the only legitimate reason for disliking the game I can spot right now. I looked at 2 pages, btw.

No.

There's a whole LOT more reasons than just that.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#12KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/16/2012 11:28:34 PM
G_gglypuff posted...
Where did you see that?

Most of the people don't like this game for a lot of reasons, the crappy protagonist being one of them. There's like a million topics where we post what we don't like. Pick one.

Frankly, I think you guys should just admit you don't like the new guy. I only came to this board today, and this is the only legitimate reason for disliking the game I can spot right now. I looked at 2 pages, btw.

Well, compared to the old ones it's slower, has less options, 30 fps, and a little clunky. For the story, it's hyped to "break the idea that games can't have movie and theatre level writing" So far, it's pretty bad story-wise. The characters are all kind of bad imo not just Dante. The reason I don't like him is because they basically tried to tack old Dante's personality onto a new character.

Add that with the fact that NT and Capcom were huge asses about the whole thing, the fairly broken style meter, and the fact that this fairly inferior series might replace the old ones? I think we have plenty of legitimate reasons.

Anyone have the Event Status vids? I'm too lazy to get them, but he explains it pretty well.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#13G_gglypuff(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 7:56:22 AM
Oh ok, some of those reasons are more legit. Still can't take complaints regarding designs of enemies and story seriously, as most of those are just different from what was stablished due to being a complete different game. Were story and designs any good in previous DMC games to begin with? As for the 30 fps deal, that may be something that's been fixed by the time we're playing the demo, no one should take it as the definitive shape of the game.

But when you guys talk about enemies telegraphing too much, I have to agree. I played the demo hoping that further levels would introduce less stupid enemies later on, or maybe that even we weren't shown all the difficulty levels (but yeah, the 3 first difficulty levels are for everyone who doesn't like videogames). So this is something to keep mind. Just to illustrate, I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 after posting here, and the 4th difficulty setting of it is just so far from the 4th one of this DMC that any comparison becomes futile.

Now, the story can't be developed in a single level, I say we should wait a bit. The writing is already at a movie level, but I have played games with novel quality stories before - Eternal Darkness - and even one game that uses its medium so well that it says a lot without the absolute need to use many words, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, though the cryptic nature of much of what the player is supposed to spot leads most people to not even know the story in the game.
#14ChickenfrogmanPosted 12/17/2012 8:06:34 AM
The writing is ****ing awful and the videos we've seen of the first half of the game amplify it even worse. Tameem has been talking up the story as amazing, yet all we've seen is garbage. The previous games flat out didn't care, and DMC3 had a perfectly fine story. The gameplay has been both slowed down and dumbed down, and the protagonist has been changed from a classic video game character into a pathetic punk.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#15KaijinSurohmPosted 12/17/2012 8:58:00 AM
G_gglypuff posted...
So to sum it up, no one will ever like this game because they changed the protagonist?

To sum it up, noone will like this game because the game is BAD

Don't play the game while actively ignoring flaws, or just "Testing the Waters". Pay attention to what your playing. They'll start showing up.
#16KaijinSurohmPosted 12/17/2012 8:59:58 AM
G_gglypuff posted...
Where did you see that?

That was what we all thought when the trailer first came out: "Mutilation of Dante" Then we played the gameplay, which is very bad, and broken, the script is horrendous, the Voice Acting is terrible, and the entire backstory is downright crappy.

I'll stop there for now.
#17KaijinSurohmPosted 12/17/2012 9:06:34 AM
G_gglypuff posted...
Oh ok, some of those reasons are more legit. Still can't take complaints regarding designs of enemies and story seriously, as most of those are just different from what was stablished due to being a complete different game. Were story and designs any good in previous DMC games to begin with? As for the 30 fps deal, that may be something that's been fixed by the time we're playing the demo, no one should take it as the definitive shape of the game.

The story really is bad. They're using Mythos in bad ways (I'm am an Angel and a Demon,b ut I look, and act human. Rawr!)

The 30FPS is stuck were it's at due to the U3 engine that they are using. It's the system limitations. There is no fixing it to 60 FPS without massive slowdowns do to too much stress on the system. Capcom was willing to let them use the MT Framework engine (used on the other DMC games), but decided to not use it, in lieu of not knowing the system.
While I can understand not using a tool you don't know, there's no excuse for using an outdated system that powers Quake, and Unreal tourny 3.

Now, the story can't be developed in a single level, I say we should wait a bit. The writing is already at a movie level,

If you honestly believe the dialogue between Poison and Donte is "move level", then there's no hope for you.
#18ShengaliPosted 12/17/2012 12:12:12 PM
G_gglypuff posted...
As for the 30 fps deal, that may be something that's been fixed by the time we're playing the demo, no one should take it as the definitive shape of the game.

The demo came out days before you posted, so we are playing it. They aren't fixing it - 30 fps is what they aimed for.
#19AhrimanTheStillPosted 12/17/2012 12:18:51 PM
G_gglypuff posted...
So to sum it up, no one will ever like this game because they changed the protagonist?

Nope if i booted up that demo and it played even semi near the quality of DMC3/4's gameplay i would look past that annoying twit. But it doesn't its Heavenly sword 2.0 on unreal engine that doesn't run even slow shooters smoothly anymore.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#20mortredcritPosted 12/17/2012 12:26:38 PM
G_gglypuff posted...

Now, the story can't be developed in a single level, I say we should wait a bit. The writing is already at a movie level

I LOVE how you are being vague. What kind of movie? Summer box office smash hit or direct to DVD? Most certainly the latter. Hell the whole reboot from half human/half demon to half demon/half angel isn't much more of an improvement lore wise. BTW NT didn't write the story for enslaved OR heavenly sword so DmC is their first effort in putting out creative writing. And with so much doubt for the title since the beta came out, the demo would've been a GREAT place to address the appeal of the story. Sadly, their efforts haven't sucked me in. The dialog sounds like a bad episode of SKINS UK edition.
---
~Thank you for your irrelevant opinion~