What was so wrong with smoking?

#31Ether101Posted 12/17/2012 4:33:37 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
BluePuniGod posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Smoking makes you look oooooooooold.

You have a point. Remember Snake in in MGS4? The cigarettes f***** him up!

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the fact that he was pushing 70 too.

He was only in his late 30s or early 40s age wise.
I forget what year MGS4 takes place in.

He's supposed to be 45-7 in MGS4 but given that game ignores the canon so it doesn't really matter.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#32SiLVeR_420Posted 12/17/2012 4:46:55 AM
Ether101 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
BluePuniGod posted...
Undead_Yakuza posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Smoking makes you look oooooooooold.

You have a point. Remember Snake in in MGS4? The cigarettes f***** him up!

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the fact that he was pushing 70 too.

He was only in his late 30s or early 40s age wise.
I forget what year MGS4 takes place in.

He's supposed to be 45-7 in MGS4 but given that game ignores the canon so it doesn't really matter.

How does MGS4 ignore the canon?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#33Orange00Posted 12/17/2012 5:01:14 AM
when as a kid you see someone drive off of a cliff with his girlfriend just to appear on the very next instant on the same cliff wailing guitar solos with a cigarette in his mouth, you're deemed to think smoking is cool.

it's a shame taneem has got no artistic integrity
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#34KyryloPosted 12/17/2012 5:03:10 AM
Actually hole smoking act was just demonstrative slap in the face of original franchise, since Kamiya told once, that "if character lacks personality, give him a smoking habit."
#35m100t8sPosted 12/17/2012 5:08:22 AM
"What was so wrong with smoking?"

Everything?
#36dead_assassinPosted 12/17/2012 5:13:52 AM
I see much wrong with this topic. The question is, what is RIGHT with smoking. Its expensive, disgusting, gives you cancer, makes you sound like an old man or woman in your 30s, ages you faster, you are always out of breath, your breath stinks, you are unbearable to make out with and you pollute everyone else's lungs around you, including innocent children. F you, smokers.
---
PSN: Marshalljmpmk2
Current Number of PS3 Platinum Trophies: 42
#37GwizAlchPosted 12/17/2012 5:24:38 AM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
I don't understand where this "cool" stigma comes from. Like I have said, smoking is just something people do. Nothing lame about it, but nothing cool about it either. It's just an activity...

DarkSymbiote posted...
That's false. When you smoke near people you damage them as well as yourself.

dead_assassin posted...
Its expensive, disgusting, gives you cancer, makes you sound like an old man or woman in your 30s, ages you faster, you are always out of breath, your breath stinks, you are unbearable to make out with and you pollute everyone else's lungs around you, including innocent children.

---
Corrupting the human mind... one session at a time.
#38HappyUnicorn101(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 5:33:07 AM
dead_assassin posted...
I see much wrong with this topic. The question is, what is RIGHT with smoking. Its expensive, disgusting, gives you cancer, makes you sound like an old man or woman in your 30s, ages you faster, you are always out of breath, your breath stinks, you are unbearable to make out with and you pollute everyone else's lungs around you, including innocent children. F you, smokers.

It's a personal choice and you do know that in most cities you have to be well away from the entrance of a building if you want to smoke. Some girls have an occasional smoke. And even after they are still pleasant to kiss. You're just using extremes, dude.

In my opinion, the only people who have a problem with smoking are impressionable little kids who just finished the D.A.R.E. program at their elementary school. In the real world, no one gives a **** if you smoke.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#39EntropyZeroPosted 12/17/2012 5:50:35 AM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
dead_assassin posted...

It's a personal choice and you do know that in most cities you have to be well away from the entrance of a building if you want to smoke. Some girls have an occasional smoke. And even after they are still pleasant to kiss. You're just using extremes, dude.

In my opinion, the only people who have a problem with smoking are impressionable little kids who just finished the D.A.R.E. program at their elementary school. In the real world, no one gives a **** if you smoke.

Many people started smoking because it was "cool" back in the day. Now people start smoking mainly cuz of peer pressure or to "fit in with the "cool" kids.

And Dante, in my eyes, shouldnt be that kind of guy.
---
Psn: Squigi Live: oOSquigiOo
squigi.deviantart.com
#40Lousy_FellowPosted 12/17/2012 6:09:48 AM
First off, kids shouldn't be playing DMC. It's rated M for a reason. Not that anybody follows this, but it's there.

Second, anyone who is impressed or "influenced" by this must be a kid, or have a very immature mind. So, refer to the first point.

I could care less about the issue either way. If people want to kill themselves, whatever. Just don't blame it on a fricking game character.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg