Devil May Cry vs. God of War

#51JackJunk8Posted 12/17/2012 2:48:44 PM
SilentS89 posted...
JackJunk8 posted...
dante fan service

What's wrong with this?

because it was half assed and shoehorned in, hey guys lets get a visit from ol uncle dante.

his inclusion was more like a commercial for dante than anything else. "watch dante be cocky, watch dante be cheesy! watch dante be an actor!" it's like the developer were like hey guys dont worry, dante is still here, look hes being cocky and bad ass, Dante, dante, dante.

it was like capcom was desperate, they knew nero wasnt gonna work, so they made him look and act like dante. but that wasnt enough, they had to shoehorn dante in there for the fans and he ends up looking a characacher of dante, then the actual character.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#52JackJunk8Posted 12/17/2012 2:56:15 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
"no it didnt, it fell way short of greatness. backtracking, terrible level design, padding, laziness, dante fan service, 2nd worst story, and F**** gyros."

Backtracking has been in every DMC sans 2. Level design is varied...how is that bad? Padding, how so? Laziness...no. So did other DMCs. 2nd best story. What's wrong with gyros?

watch zero punctuation review of it http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/28-Devil-May-Cry-4

he nails it

and the gyros were annoying as hell, tedious to smack around that long ass hallway, stupid enemies repawning and hitting you while trying to move those stupid things.

it was fine the 1st playthrough, but each time it just got worse, im sorry but DMC3 was the only one that had a good middle ground on everything.
---
I just want to watch the board burn.
#53Pesmerga255Posted 12/17/2012 2:58:41 PM
The gyros are awesome on LDK mode.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#54FireMage7777Posted 12/17/2012 2:59:54 PM
JackJunk8 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
"no it didnt, it fell way short of greatness. backtracking, terrible level design, padding, laziness, dante fan service, 2nd worst story, and F**** gyros."

Backtracking has been in every DMC sans 2. Level design is varied...how is that bad? Padding, how so? Laziness...no. So did other DMCs. 2nd best story. What's wrong with gyros?

watch zero punctuation review of it http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/28-Devil-May-Cry-4

he nails it

and the gyros were annoying as hell, tedious to smack around that long ass hallway, stupid enemies repawning and hitting you while trying to move those stupid things.

it was fine the 1st playthrough, but each time it just got worse, im sorry but DMC3 was the only one that had a good middle ground on everything.

The enemies don't respawn...you kill the entire room and its clear until you leave
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*