You know there's something wrong when you say DmC is better than DMC

#31SilentS89Posted 12/17/2012 2:22:10 PM
DiaNim posted...
I didn't say that it was "so much better" per say, but I'm trying to say that DmC is trying new things that I think is innovative.

Like, the idea of weapon-switching on the fly. Please hear me out before you reply that DMC4 had already started that trend.

I know that DMC4 already had you switching through all of Dante's weapons with R2/RT, which I think is okay as long as the weapon pool is small (DMC4 Dante had 3 melee weapons I think? Well, four with Yamato).

But what if you end up having 5 or more weapons at the end of the game? IIRC, the weapons switch goes in one direction. So, let's use DMC3's weapons as an example and say that the list is like this: Rebellion > Cerberus >Agni&Rudra > Nevan > Beowulf >Rebellion. So, if I wanted to go from Cerberus to Rebellion, I'd have to go through four weapons. Kinda messes up the combo flow to me, so I'd probably never make that direct jump from Cerberus to Rebellion.

In DmC, the whole Angel/Demon triggers is a little strange, but in doing so and mapping the weapon change to d-pad, they've divided the pool into 2 > 2 > 1 so I can make a better transition. And if I remember Greg's videos, I think you can switch the weapons without holding the triggers (as in use Rebellion while switching Aquila for Osiris).

Now, you could argue that there could be a button to reverse the order to shuffle the weapons using the R2/RT method, but after looking at the control format for DMC4, I'm not really sure which button you could replace. From what I've seen, people wanted to keep the switching styles on the fly and the taunt button.

Once again, just my two cents. I'd love for people to share ideas, though. Be innovative :D

Thank you for you input. I am glad you commented because I know you liked the original series, it was beginning to seem like all the pros hated the original games. Glad that you proved me wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong but what I got out of your comment is that you are excited by some of the control changes, not certain they are improvements or not but you like that something is different? To be clear, I am not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to verify that I understood you correctly.

It is unfortunate you felt that sharing your opinion would bring you ridicule, but I suppose that isn't surprising. This board can get pretty hostile. Sometimes people get lost in the conflict and the goal changes from sharing thoughts to "winning" arguments. To be clear, I am not implying that I am innocent of this.

This is a fast and interesting board, This is my home board because it has so many colorful personalities on it and they make it very interesting. I am glad this site allows us to share our thoughts (Not all of them do), even if things get a little intense at times. We may be pros and antis, but I like to think we all hope for the best with Devil May Cry, and I was beginning to doubt that, so again, thanks Lady.
#32DiaNimPosted 12/17/2012 2:35:39 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Thank you for you input. I am glad you commented because I know you liked the original series, it was beginning to seem like all the pros hated the original games. Glad that you proved me wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong but what I got out of your comment is that you are excited by some of the control changes, not certain they are improvements or not but you like that something is different? To be clear, I am not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to verify that I understood you correctly.

It is unfortunate you felt that sharing your opinion would bring you ridicule, but I suppose that isn't surprising. This board can get pretty hostile. Sometimes people get lost in the conflict and the goal changes from sharing thoughts to "winning" arguments. To be clear, I am not implying that I am innocent of this.

This is a fast and interesting board, This is my home board because it has so many colorful personalities on it and they make it very interesting. I am glad this site allows us to share our thoughts (Not all of them do), even if things get a little intense at times. We may be pros and antis, but I like to think we all hope for the best with Devil May Cry, and I was beginning to doubt that, so again, thanks Lady.

Trust me, there are other people on this board who like DmC but also love DMC. But like you already mentioned, I'm guessing the hostility is keeping us quiet (or makes us lash out as a reflex...depends on the person :P)

As for the weapon switch, yes I'm excited for it, but I can see how it can be an improvement. It's not a bad idea in theory (people have agreed to it I suppose), but I guess the number of moves in DmC is an issue (Uwye and Richter brought up a good counter argument about styles vs. weapons). But, if they decide to increase the number of moves for each weapon in a control scheme like DmC, I can see a lot of potential (once again, my personal opinion^^;)

Again, I could be wrong about there being more moves in the actual game. If I am, I'll come back and say so. But I'll still think it's an innovative and potential system that can be refined.

And...you're the only other person other than DuuuDe who's called me Lady XD
---
Currently reading: "The Godfather"
Dante, l'assassino di demoni. Suona bene, non trovi?