Score Boosting...secret ingredient.

#11QCTeamkillPosted 12/17/2012 11:33:55 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Hades192 posted...
Have not anyone mention this but after you know the succubus down three times and your prompted to finish her with the 'Devil Grab'.

If you do not, she'll get up and you can continue to loop her indefinitely it seemed.

Wouldn't this break the Leaderboards- Top score given to someone who doesnt earn it legitimately but by "holding" the boss until you get time deductions against your score?

I did that with Ninja Blade when it came out. I kept combos going by triggering slowing time while the boss was recovering, I remember that granted me top rank in overall scores in the leaderboard for all of Easter.

Ninja Blade was such a let down. The early previews looked pretty cool, but the final version just felt wrong.

An okay H&S with ridiculously fun QTE scenes. But yeah it was only worth for rental.

I know it'll hurt to hear but... MGR reminds me more of NB than anything.
#12TribeePosted 12/17/2012 11:50:12 AM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
Tribee posted...
I guess but what about time? Doesn't that factor into your score?

In fact, a SSS rank in Time multiple your score by 8. Is it worth the price?

Nope. You can die several times and get a D for everything but style and still SSS the stage.

True.... However, TC is talking about Leaderboard and Top Score which goes beyond just SSS ranking.

Based on the SSSad video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFEcB-3-P0g

You get roughly 50,000 per Demon Dodge and Axe Abuse. Assuming you will get no multiplier for having a D in Time, you have to repeat the loop about 23 times to come close this player's score. I mean it is well possible but boring as hell. But if one is desperate to get Top, cheese your way through.

Edit: More calculation... The player took a whole bar of his health in ~8seconds. Assuming his timing is absolutely perfect (no flaws/ no delays), subtracting the boss other "time wasting" moves, and it take about 12-15secs for the boss to get back up/ start the loop again - 8 hours to get this play score. Yeah, you guys are right. It is very well possible.
---
"Your objective is to win the game. The game's objective is to piss you off!" -Ed
#13Hades192(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 11:57:02 AM
Tribe-it's broken! Do you honestly doubt not one of the few who purchase the game won't take advantage of this just to troll the Leaderboards.

I personally don't care much, but thought it was worth mentioning.
#14Pesmerga255Posted 12/17/2012 11:58:36 AM
Hades192 posted...
Tribe-it's broken! Do you honestly doubt not one of the few who purchase the game won't take advantage of this just to troll the Leaderboards.

Yeah, try looking at the leaderboards for Castlevania SotN on the 360 or any RE/Sonic game on either system. The first 1-200 are normally glitchers with completion times of around 15 seconds in RE and maximum scores in Castlevania.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#15TribeePosted 12/17/2012 12:06:45 PM
Hades192 posted...

...Huh? I feel as if you misunderstood me, Hades. My calculations proves that you guys are right. I initially doubt it at first but now it is well possible and even more some.
---
"Your objective is to win the game. The game's objective is to piss you off!" -Ed
#16Hades192(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 12:29:10 PM
Tribe- thought I was sensing some sarcasm.

Anyway thanks for confirming it then, but I was just making the point and not trying to get argumentative with anyone.

I don't know the score system nor will I because this is another thing that kinda bothers me about the game. Not that it may screw up Leaderboards because I don't care about being on them but it's ruining the gameplay more than what was originally perceived.
#17LordMePosted 12/17/2012 12:35:15 PM
Tribee posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Tribee posted...
I guess but what about time? Doesn't that factor into your score?

In fact, a SSS rank in Time multiple your score by 8. Is it worth the price?

Nope. You can die several times and get a D for everything but style and still SSS the stage.

True.... However, TC is talking about Leaderboard and Top Score which goes beyond just SSS ranking.

Based on the SSSad video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFEcB-3-P0g

You get roughly 50,000 per Demon Dodge and Axe Abuse. Assuming you will get no multiplier for having a D in Time, you have to repeat the loop about 23 times to come close this player's score. I mean it is well possible but boring as hell. But if one is desperate to get Top, cheese your way through.

Edit: More calculation... The player took a whole bar of his health in ~8seconds. Assuming his timing is absolutely perfect (no flaws/ no delays), subtracting the boss other "time wasting" moves, and it take about 12-15secs for the boss to get back up/ start the loop again - 8 hours to get this play score. Yeah, you guys are right. It is very well possible.

I am about to run a test, when I took the entire bar on my video (Don't know if you were talking about mine) I never used Demon Dodge against her... Gonna go see what happens if I do...
#18TribeePosted 12/17/2012 1:16:08 PM
Is the video I posted yours? Because if it is, then you did use Demon Dodge even single time Poison swing in your direction. Hence, the slow mo dodge animation, the fiery arms and the Perfect Evade in the right side. This is the best and fastest way to achieved SSS on her. "The Parry->Demon Pull-> Axe B spam" will only net SS because NT fixed the "glitch".
---