So demo?!

#51FireMage7777Posted 12/18/2012 8:13:15 PM
Detha posted...
Anime does not adhere to any single art style. It simply means animation made in Japan. It can be CG and look realistic or not. The art styles featured in anime are very similar, however.

Dante looks similar to Inuyasha, who is a manga character: white hair, big sword, red clothing. As far as story, his daddy was a demon, and his mother was a human, like Inu's.

And the similarities end there. Also lrn2herocode
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#52DethaPosted 12/18/2012 8:14:43 PM(edited)
In this case, his hair is white because he's a half-demon. That reasoning comes from anime/manga.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#53SlaveBladePosted 12/18/2012 8:16:48 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
*facepalms*

Ugh... I can't even BEGIN to list all the things that are just so wrong with that "response."

So Dante literally being an anime character means he looks nothing like an anime character.

GOT IT.

Wrong. You posted the anime version of him which, you know, is SUPPOSED to look anime. Now if you were to post something from the game itself (which everyone knows DMCs 1 through 3:SE PRECEDED said anime), that would lend credence to his anime-like appearance, then your response would have been taken a bit more seriously.

you know, I'm not even saying he is 100% a replacement anime character, or anything near that.

My only point is that he /does/ look like an anime character. You can deny it all you want but his character and his visage does evoke that of an anime character''s.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#54antking61Posted 12/18/2012 8:18:32 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
you know, I'm not even saying he is 100% a replacement anime character, or anything near that.

My only point is that he /does/ look like an anime character. You can deny it all you want but his character and his visage does evoke that of an anime character''s.

Japanese, not Anime. Seriously are you just ignoring all of my posts?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#55KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/18/2012 8:19:30 PM
Detha posted...
In this case, his hair is white because he's a half-demon. That reasoning comes from anime/manga.

I think it's just because his dad has it. It's genetics.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#56DethaPosted 12/18/2012 8:21:55 PM(edited)
And the similarities end there.

Between Inuyasha and Dante, not just yet. Dante and Inuyasha are both similarly hot-tempered but good at heart, and both have a cool-tempered brother whose lust for power leads him astray.

At least in the main game that explores his personality, DMC3.

In the other games, he's nothing more than a character archetype.

Also lrn2herocode

Sure, just tell me what it is.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz
#57antking61Posted 12/18/2012 8:21:41 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
I think it's just because his dad has it. It's genetics.

In the Japanese culture, white hair symbolizes something otherworldly about a person. Red is the common color of the Hero since it's associated with warmth. Villains are associated with blue since it's a cold color.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#58DiaNimPosted 12/18/2012 8:23:43 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Purple is caused by a lack of pigmentation in in the iris, and yellow usually means diabetes or other diseases. White hair is a natural pigmentation issue either you are just getting old, or you have vitiligo (a form of albinism.)

Wouldn't lack of pigmentation lead to red irises? Since the lack of melanin would mean blood vessels aren't masked... The yellow reminds me of the copper deposits from the one disease...though I have yet to see yellow irises in diabetes patients...maybe the yellowing of sclera in people with jaundice (love living in the south >.>)

I'll agree with the white hair though :P
---
Currently reading: "The Godfather"
Dante, l'assassino di demoni. Suona bene, non trovi?
#59Malus_X6Posted 12/18/2012 8:25:35 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
*facepalms*

Ugh... I can't even BEGIN to list all the things that are just so wrong with that "response."

So Dante literally being an anime character means he looks nothing like an anime character.

GOT IT.

Wrong. You posted the anime version of him which, you know, is SUPPOSED to look anime. Now if you were to post something from the game itself (which everyone knows DMCs 1 through 3:SE PRECEDED said anime), that would lend credence to his anime-like appearance, then your response would have been taken a bit more seriously.

Doesn't matter if he DOES look like it. The fact you posted a pic of the anime version just comes off as a bad attempt of an "I Win" button.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#60SlaveBladePosted 12/18/2012 8:32:25 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
*facepalms*

GOT IT.

Doesn't matter if he DOES look like it. The fact you posted a pic of the anime version just comes off as a bad attempt of an "I Win" button.

It was meant mostly as a joke but also as a pointer that his appearance was minimally changed to fit in completely with the animes.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~