I sincerely hope NT goes out of business for this

#1Phantom0708Posted 12/19/2012 10:30:02 AM
Yell at me all you want

Call me a hardcore fanboy all you want

I don't give a ****

but they have RUINED the series that I grew up playing. It's like if Nintendo made a more mature LoZ where Link's a druggie and says "Fornicate thou!" to every enemy he comes across

I had hope for this game, I hoped it would live up to be actually good. But after all these trailers, I am done.

They ruined my childhood hero
They ruined my childhood hero's brother

But you know what's icing on the cake? That they try to make this story all "dark" and "edgy" and "shakespearean"

Devil May Cry was all about crazy convoluted story where cheesy badass Dante saves the world from demons
It's not supposed to be edgy
It's supposed to be cheesy
And fun
And Dante's supposed to be the lovable nutjob of a devil hunter

But they just,
They,
They ruined it.

I sincerely pity everyone who will pick the series up from this game, or call the new Dante better, because they never grew up loving the original games, loving the person who WAS Dante. The pizza-loving, strawberry sundae-eating sarcastic and witty protagonist that gave character to the games themselves.

Therefore, Ninja Theory, I hope you are happy, I hope you are happy that all the true fans now hate your guts for ruining someone who they respected.
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 12/19/2012 10:31:47 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
...but they have RUINED the series that I grew up playing.

Capcom had already ruined it before. Twice. While I may be an anti, I do not hope for them to run out of business. At the very least, the people should leave the company and form a new studio without Tameem.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 10:34:32 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Phantom0708 posted...
...but they have RUINED the series that I grew up playing.

Capcom had already ruined it before. Twice. While I may be an anti, I do not hope for them to run out of business. At the very least, the people should leave the company and form a new studio without Tameem.

Elaborate on how they ruined it

DMC2, while it was bad, still had a better story than this garbage

DMC4, you played as Nero for half the game, and I liked Nero, and Dante was still the same guy as usual.
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 12/19/2012 10:40:53 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
DMC2, while it was bad, still had a better story than this garbage

No. No. I don't need to elaborate. Just replay it.

DMC4, you played as Nero for half the game...

That's just it. It was basically half a game.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#5m100t8sPosted 12/19/2012 10:41:05 AM
Thats pretty stupid man. Ninja Theory just did their job and what Capcom asked for.

And anyway they will still work for Capcom. Keep hoping xD.
#6Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/19/2012 10:41:56 AM
>"hardcore fan"

> "grew up playing"

>DMC is like a "mature" Zelda

Don't think I need to say more.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#7hoagie727Posted 12/19/2012 10:46:03 AM
Not going to happen.

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved did not sell very well. Enslaved especially.

If that didn't hurt them they are fine because this will sell more then both those games combined.
#8FireAssetPosted 12/19/2012 10:46:19 AM
i grew up on dmc as well. played the demo to this and am willing to give it a chance. by the way, i'd actually love a mature zelda game (grew up on those too) and get away from all the simplistic kiddie nonsense that has been packed into the series
---
"Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, And they don't give a ****!!!"---www.tourettesguy.com
#9zavarPosted 12/19/2012 10:50:59 AM
m100t8s posted...
Thats pretty stupid man. Ninja Theory just did their job and what Capcom asked for.

And anyway they will still work for Capcom. Keep hoping xD.

How could you not know this TC?
#10paranormalistPosted 12/19/2012 10:52:41 AM
I don't think "edgy" and "cheesy loveable nutjob" are necessarily mutually exclusive. I have a few reservations about DmC, but I'm interested in finding out where the new direction is headed. No need for hate, man.

Also, the strawberry sundae thing was never in the games to the extent of my knowledge.
---
Because I care.