I sincerely hope NT goes out of business for this

#141KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 12/19/2012 6:33:53 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
30 fps is a good reason. And downgrades are also a reason. The story is indeed subjective though.

Honestly, that's really dependent on the player. 30 fps doesn't make or break entertainment for me personally.

As for the downgrades, the only one I could think of on the spot is no turbo mode and weaker enemy aesthetics from the older games.

Okay, lack of lockon is indeed a downgrade. Then there's less moves and the fact that it's slower. I feel like with less moves and slower combat, it's very apparent that moves are used very often. I see the same scythe moves all the time. In the old ones, it was quicker and harder to notice attacks being repeated as easily.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#142FoxtrotDelta88Posted 12/19/2012 6:34:54 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
All good points, now here comes the big question....are ya ready? Did you have fun with the demo? and do you really care that much about whether or not someone else finds the game fun and actually like it? and if you do, why? Does them liking a game you hate really hurt you or involve you in anyway?

Yes, because you're contributing to the ruination of a good series by supporting this bad game

See, that makes me sad because if i hate a particular game or game series, i just don't buy them, When Assassin's Creed was first announced, it was announced as a sorta medieval Hitman style game, i was hyped. Then i played it, i hated the sci-fi elements, then when they announced another one, i didn't whine and moan and yell "Ubisoft should go out of business!" I was like "ok, i'm not getting AC2" Clearly people like AC2, i didn't care, why not? Because i didn't care that the game was now a sci-fi-y game, i didn't care that other people loved the game and i hated it. My life didn't revolve around Assassin's Creed, and by the looks of it, your life revolves around Devil May Cry, it's just a game, go play something else or go play the older ones. Simple as that
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#143FoxtrotDelta88Posted 12/19/2012 6:37:04 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
Phantom0708 posted...

Game doesn't run at 60fps

Is horribly easy to get an s rank

Is horribly easy even on son of sparda mode, so far

I can do longass combos with little effort and high reward

The story is ****

Those are like personal gripes, not overall reasons that make the game bad.

30 fps is a good reason. And downgrades are also a reason. The story is indeed subjective though.

I honestly have never found a difference between a 30 FPS game and a 60 FPS game, they all look the same. Can you please give me some examples of each so i know which games run at which FPS?

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

This is a great visual aid. Any one who says "I don't see a difference" is either lying or they have horrible vision. It's pretty easy to see.

I just never knew the difference between different FPS'. I never really took the time to look at what the difference is, FPS doesn't really make my choice when buying a game
---
#144FireMage7777Posted 12/19/2012 6:37:13 PM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
All good points, now here comes the big question....are ya ready? Did you have fun with the demo? and do you really care that much about whether or not someone else finds the game fun and actually like it? and if you do, why? Does them liking a game you hate really hurt you or involve you in anyway?

Yes, because you're contributing to the ruination of a good series by supporting this bad game

See, that makes me sad because if i hate a particular game or game series, i just don't buy them, When Assassin's Creed was first announced, it was announced as a sorta medieval Hitman style game, i was hyped. Then i played it, i hated the sci-fi elements, then when they announced another one, i didn't whine and moan and yell "Ubisoft should go out of business!" I was like "ok, i'm not getting AC2" Clearly people like AC2, i didn't care, why not? Because i didn't care that the game was now a sci-fi-y game, i didn't care that other people loved the game and i hated it. My life didn't revolve around Assassin's Creed, and by the looks of it, your life revolves around Devil May Cry, it's just a game, go play something else or go play the older ones. Simple as that

See more bad taste there
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#145wheresatariPosted 12/19/2012 6:37:22 PM
WAAAAAAAAA! *teardrop* *sucks pacifier and falls asleep*

I have no remorse for somebody who judges and throws out a game based on trailers. You haven't even played it yet. It may be the best thing you've ever played. Come back when you've at least tried it. Maybe they added some depth to the character that you might love.

...what the heck are you doing with a VG character as your hero anyway? Pick somebody real for that honor.

*sigh* Some gamers these days make me embarrassed to call myself one.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#146FoxtrotDelta88Posted 12/19/2012 6:39:13 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...

See more bad taste there

Bad taste in your opinion, not everyone has the same taste in movies or games. I'm sure theres a bunch of games or movies that you love that i hate
---
#147FireMage7777Posted 12/19/2012 6:42:03 PM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...

See more bad taste there

Bad taste in your opinion, not everyone has the same taste in movies or games. I'm sure theres a bunch of games or movies that you love that i hate

See why can't people just admit they like bad things at times? Some though are unforgivable
---
It's sad that the best thing to come out of Capcom recently is a fan made game
NOTE: I don't do no damage runs. -MrStarKiller *cough casual cough*
#148Japanese_JadePosted 12/19/2012 6:42:58 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Honestly, that's really dependent on the player. 30 fps doesn't make or break entertainment for me personally.

As for the downgrades, the only one I could think of on the spot is no turbo mode and weaker enemy aesthetics from the older games.

Okay, lack of lockon is indeed a downgrade. Then there's less moves and the fact that it's slower. I feel like with less moves and slower combat, it's very apparent that moves are used very often. I see the same scythe moves all the time. In the old ones, it was quicker and harder to notice attacks being repeated as easily.

You got me there. I just remembered that lock on is a downgrade (because its a wonderful option) and the battle camera in the game needs better QA testing. Especially that final kill shot. Most of the time, it goes through the walls.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#149Devil_wings00Posted 12/19/2012 6:46:44 PM
Ya since Dante was TOTALLY the same character between DMC 1 and 2 right? Besides looking the same Dante was a COMPLETELY different character who happened to be called Dante in DmC 2. DMC dante was a wise cracking smart ass while in DMC while he was a near silent EMO in DMC 2. So this is absolutely nothing new for the series to change the character. Now they just changed his character model this time and personality. It's not like Dante was a classic character or anything.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#150FoxtrotDelta88Posted 12/19/2012 6:46:57 PM
I think i get Firemage now, he's one of those mainstream hipster types that jumps on the bandwagon in fear of being left out, explains the whole "my opinion is right, you just like bad things but won't admit it" argument. Makes more sense now....yea, i hate talking to those type, they have no real opinion, consider yourself ignored now, have a good day, enjoy your thick framed glasses and starbucks coffee.
---